For the car guys

• bbkid
  • 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Pro Stock is, indeed, pretty cool.
But, Competition Eliminator is where are the "real" hot-rods are.
I'm a big Race fan and go every year to see them in Baytown. I love to see them after they run and they pull into their pit and all the mechanics tear that car apart into a thousand pieces. They all have a specific part of the motor and all work together ducking and dodging each other like a machine, each doing their little part untill its all done and then its time to put it all back together. Its pretty cool to watch and then when they fire that bad boy up and rumble the pits and fill the air with the sweet smell of Nitro its just Awesome.
Miss deerhunter is a hooktard that probably should have been banned for pure stupidity.

I always thought the Pro Stock Motorcycles were pretty cool and the guys that rode them were pretty bad ass doing quarters in 7 seconds nearly 200mph then one year "Spiderman" was at Baytown on his Top Fuel Bike.
Holy shit!!! That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Sub 6 second 230mph+. Man, it was like watching someone ride a bullet shot out of a gun.
The dude was hanging on for dear life and wiggling his ass to adjust his position on the bike to try and keep it going straight down the track. I'm not sure the front tire ever touched the ground.
Once the shock wore off I just started laughing and laugh every time I think about it. I mean once you've done that a few times what do you do for for an adrenaline rush after that.
Maybe catch a ride on the space shuttle.......On the outside?

You can't see it but there's a small wagon behind the bike that's carrying the dudes balls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke7ixVv9iyw&feature=pl ayer_embedded#!
I'll be taking the grocery getter to Baytown tomorrow night. This weather is too good to pass up, but a strong headwind from the north isn't a good thing.

I want that 11.99 or better timeslip.
If it can't dip into the 9's what is the point? Any real streetbike over a liter will run deep into the 10's

Riding a Pro Stock bike is on my bucket list.
There's a big comp happening at Royal Purple Raceway (Houston Raceway) happening on the 30th. Mostly tuners but its gonna ne a Hell of an event.
  • bbkid
  • 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
I'll be taking the grocery getter to Baytown tomorrow night. This weather is too good to pass up, but a strong headwind from the north isn't a good thing.

I want that 11.99 or better timeslip. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
A grocery getter that runs in the 11's? Cool, D_J, that's pretty neat.
If it's a 12.0 flat car, the cool dry air will prolly get you that extra few ticks.
A grocery getter that runs in the 11's? Cool, D_J, that's pretty neat.
If it's a 12.0 flat car, the cool dry air will prolly get you that extra few ticks. Originally Posted by bbkid
Tonight hit a 12.10..................I need another .11 somewhere.
Pics?
I always thought the Pro Stock Motorcycles were pretty cool and the guys that rode them were pretty bad ass doing quarters in 7 seconds nearly 200mph then one year "Spiderman" was at Baytown on his Top Fuel Bike.
Holy shit!!! That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Sub 6 second 230mph+. Man, it was like watching someone ride a bullet shot out of a gun.
The dude was hanging on for dear life and wiggling his ass to adjust his position on the bike to try and keep it going straight down the track. I'm not sure the front tire ever touched the ground.

You can't see it but there's a small wagon behind the bike that's carrying the dudes balls! Originally Posted by boardman
Where are the balls on this one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-_7EAFe5I
Where are the balls on this one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-_7EAFe5I Originally Posted by JohnnyFarangly
Angelle is a bad ass, no doubt, and while I've been 150+ on a street bike I can't imagine doing what she does at 200 but that ain't top fuel.