And This Is Why The Cover Goes On...

Enough anecdotes on a given subject do indeed constitute data.
.[/i] Originally Posted by jdkees
No, actually, they don't. They lack controls and proper sampling techniques. But what do I know. I just get paid to do high school math, and we only make about $2 billion a year based on that math.
No, actually, they don't. Originally Posted by Fort Worth Punk
Yes, actually, they do. But what do I know, I only work with people who managed studies for the CDC using self reported information.

Please, just stop. You're not the smartest person in the room. Stop trying to be.
Yes, actually, they do. But what do I know, I only work with people who managed studies for the CDC using self reported information.

Please, just stop. You're not the smartest person in the room. Stop trying to be. Originally Posted by jdkees
I don't know if I am or not right now, although, to be blunt, and the people here that know me will back me up on this, I usually am. In fact, when it comes to this the only time I'm not is with a handful of people who actually do what I do.

I don't work with people who manage the people who manage the programs that work with statistics. I work with them. I do the sampling. I do the math. I pull the data myself. I provide the analysis. I do not have anyone who works for me do anything I do not do myself, because I'm not a government wonk, I am a numbers guy who happens to have worked his way up, and I've never stopped doing the actual work because every day is a challenge, and every day you learn something new from the data. I'm one of the best at what I do. Period.

I know the numbers inside and out and I know how all of this is done, and, again being blunt, you have no idea what you are talking about, and you have made it abundantly clear time and again. You have attempted to apply the algebra you learned with a little stats work you picked up somewhere without understanding how probability actually works with regards to independent events without interrelation.

Anyone who thinks they understand data because they heard a few stories from a few people, especially when they have an agenda, should either sit down and listen so they can learn something, or they should see themselves to the door because they are in way over their head.
No wonder people have zero confidence in the schools in this country.