Guilty or not guilty?

• raz
  • 11-24-2009, 08:28 AM
I once dated a lady that ALWAYS ordered the same thing for any particular restaurant that we frequented.

Yet rather than just ordering, she would spend what seemed liked an eternity looking up and down the menu and asking about damn near everything on the menu.

Finally, she would order the same thing she did the time before, and the time before that, and the time before that, etc.etc.

I never understood why she just didn't order her favorite when she first walked in.

She said it was a woman's prerogative....or something like that.
I love to try new things! If I find a restaurant I like, I'll eventually make my way through the menu.
Okay, so I am a bit obsessive about NOT ordering the same thing each time, and even getting annoyed with myself when I realize that I did. For that matter, I also prefer to try different places - yes honey, we have to drive from Plano to Dallas for a great restaurant because I have never been there.

I guess the same can be said about different ladies, but I always go back to my favorites, and never complain about getting the "same old thing"......
For my regular restaurants, I usually rotate among three or four favorite dishes. Two exceptions though...I always ask if there's a special that day. If it's unique and appealing I'll try that. After all, the regular menu doesn't change all that often. Second exception is Sushi...I rarely order the same thing. It's fun to explore with Sushi.

That damn Keller's reference got e to thinking about my favorite "dirty burger" at In and Out Burger. (Great name, don't you think?) A double double, animal style with a vanilla shake! Better get my rear on a flight to the West Coast!

TP
thinking about my favorite "dirty burger" at In and Out Burger. TP Originally Posted by Tony Patella

OMG....I love In & Out Burger. I wish they would build one here. Also White Castle.
OMG....I love In & Out Burger. I wish they would build one here. Also White Castle. Originally Posted by Jade Nicole
I asked In & Out burger about franchises and was told it's a family business. I've only seen them in CA and LV, NV. AZ may have some now, but at one time they wouldn't let anyone have a store unless they were part of the family.

Man that's a good burger
My expierience at In & Out burger was not good at all ,very limited menu and the fries were not salted....IT does not beat Whataburger or Kincaids thats for sure....I am guilty of always ordering the same things at restaurants but I really do not care alot for the chain restaurants Chili's,On The Border etc....instead I am always on the hunt for something new and different or I just cook at home I love to try new recipes...
If it's a new place, I'll try a few different dishes, but once I find my favorites, I usually stick with them.

I eat pretty much the same things since I count calories, I also like the same menu with my favorite ladies. Originally Posted by SP Hunter
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose brain immediately compared restaurant behavior to hobby behavior.
Most people are creatures of habit. What I hate is when I get stuck on a craving for a week or two, then I get burned out on it and don't eat it again for a while (year +).