Steelers vs. Seahawks, home opener!

My guess is your tickets were devalued today. Originally Posted by bambino
Very much so. Oh well...............maybe....ju st maybe Mason Rudolp is the real deal.
Very much so. Oh well...............maybe....ju st maybe Mason Rudolp is the real deal. Originally Posted by Charley3
I saw him play against WVU in Morgantown. I thought he was a better pro prospect than Mayfield. I wouldn’t be suprised if he did well this year. He needs the receivers to step up their game though. At least catch the ball. Cut Montcreif and Switzer. Bring in Tyrel Pryor and Eli Rodgers .
I could hear everyone who lives on the Allegheny shores watching the game.
Some cheers but mostly load groans and boos.

PS
The fishing was lousy Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Fat 18 inch rainbow under confluence bridge. Released
Fat 18 inch rainbow under confluence bridge. Released Originally Posted by flows-with-water
Nice!!!!
Anyone want to buy my season tickets? I actually ended up paying almost $1000 for additional tix for customers. What a waste! I'm your typical fan.....it bothers me when we lose but I have no idea why it does. Originally Posted by Charley3
I'm thinking I might get to the top of the waiting list before I die now. Maybe.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are acquiring defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick from the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

wow... correct me if im wrong, but I never remember the steelers trading a first round pick for anyone in the modern era.........
wow... correct me if im wrong, but I never remember the steelers trading a first round pick for anyone in the modern era......... Originally Posted by chizzy
My memory and some cursory research (and I do mean cursory, so the internet hero who "proves me wrong" can crawl back into mom's basement) would agree. They've only ever moved up/down on draft day itself and I cannot find an instance where they traded a first rounder "in season" for a player.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are acquiring defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick from the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

wow... correct me if im wrong, but I never remember the steelers trading a first round pick for anyone in the modern era......... Originally Posted by chizzy
They haven’t. But they traded a HOF talent for a 3rd rounder while rejecting a 1rst rounder from NE for AB. He ended up there anyway. Pretty shrewd eh? The way things are going the Steelers are headed for a top ten pick in 2020. Fitzpatrick was rated the fifth best corner last year amongst ROOKIE corners!!! They could have signed Earl Thomas last year. They really need a stud safety. Baltimore signed him. You have to wonder about the Steelers “brain” trust. Looks like a panic move to me. A different coaching staff would make a difference and wouldn’t cost them a first round draft pick.
Fat 18 inch rainbow under confluence bridge. Released Originally Posted by flows-with-water
Nice catch, I was trying for walleye.
Wow, a lot of negativity here. Give Rudolph a chance at least. Say they kept the draft pick, do you think they would be getting a better player than Fitzpatrick?
Wow, a lot of negativity here. Give Rudolph a chance at least. Say they kept the draft pick, do you think they would be getting a better player than Fitzpatrick? Originally Posted by Iceman
I think everyone’s pulling for Rudolph. IMHO, he looks like he has the stuff to be an NFL QB. Lots of pressure on him. It was reported this morning that Davis has a torn labrum and placed on IR. Hayden’s banged up and Edmunds gets smoked like a salmon. They needed help. Hopefully, they play Fitzpatrick at safety. He was used as a slot corner and linebacker in Miami. Part of the reason he wanted out. We’ll see.
Wow, a lot of negativity here. Give Rudolph a chance at least. Say they kept the draft pick, do you think they would be getting a better player than Fitzpatrick? Originally Posted by Iceman
The interesting twist here is he is basically going to get a very similar intro to what Ben did, save the rookie season. He's the guy for 14 games. The nightmare scenario for the team? That he looks like Ben did 15 years ago. Ben isn't likely going to take well to being Polamalu-d next year should it come to that, which if Rudolph plays well it certainly could.
Your team just gave up a first round pick for Fitzpatrick. Get ready for a long season folks. Some of the best sex I ever had was during a jets vs Raiders game with a Raiders fan. Especially when the Raiders were winning big that night before dinner.
The Fitzpatrick trade is a huge risk. We now have 8 first round pics starting on defense. However, we still have Tomlin and Butler coaching them. If this doesn’t work, and with those two I have my doubts......then they need to go.
The Fitzpatrick trade is a huge risk. We now have 8 first round pics starting on defense. However, we still have Tomlin and Butler coaching them. If this doesn’t work, and with those two I have my doubts......then they need to go. Originally Posted by Charley3
At first blush, I thought it was a desperate move. Which in part is true. You only trade you’re #1 pick for a game changer like Khalil Mack or Aaron Donaldson. Or, if you know you’re picking late in the 1st round. The middle of their defense has been a weakness since Shazier went down. They haven’t had a tandem of good safeties since Clark and Polamalu. I thought they would make a play for Earl Thomas, but he signed with the Ravens and back to form so far. Sean Davis is probably done as a Steeler. They needed a safety and quick. So it was a desperate move. But it makes sense. They certainly would have drafted another one next year. Fitzpatrick has the talent to be good. Time will tell.