GOP Doesn't Have Enough Votes to Block Witnesses

I think Hunter would refuse to testify, but it is not a deep state issue.. Nepotism has been around forever, Trump has employed it himself.

the best thing for the Democrats is that Witnesses get voted down. they can use that as a campaign tool.. anything else works against them. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

so the Democrat's strategy is to yell "Witnesses! Witnesses!" and hope there are none so they can yell "No Witnesses!". interesting. except they can't control it in the Senate as the great patriot from Kentucky, Mandarin Mitch will do what is necessary to expose the Democrat's ploy.

what's your take on Schiff's claim that if PussyHunter Biden is called, no one should be called, not even their latest "Bombshell" witness, Bolton?

just another part of the ploy?
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Remember Republicans, the Democrats already had 17 witnesses, we were given NONE! Witnesses are up to the House, not up to the Senate. Don’t let the Dems play you!

BAHAHAHA
  • oeb11
  • 01-29-2020, 09:25 AM
Another Circle Jerk around oeb11... Originally Posted by WTF

Taking it personal - and stalking ftw.

Good - keep it up.

The "BAND" is waiting for you and others.
When is the vote to call witnesses? Do they vote on which witnesses to call?

I don't believe these three Republican women Senators who want to call witnesses. One said "Let's hear what John Bolton has to offer." Has to offer? Why continue the shitshow? Let's put an ad out like the Democrats did with Kavanaugh and hear from all accusers?

It's no coincidence they are all women.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Remember Republicans, the Democrats already had 17 witnesses, we were given NONE! Witnesses are up to the House, not up to the Senate. Don’t let the Dems play you!

BAHAHAHA Originally Posted by bambino
That's true the House had their chance with their witnesses and it failed. Now it's the Senate's turn.
maybe. just maybe cooler and saner and less fearful heads will prevail after the senators have asked their questions

while I recognize there are political considerations, which shouldn't affect something of this magnitude, but sadly they do...

but in any case i still maintain that no witnesses are necessary under any scenario as the charges aren't impeachable charges

bolton could come in and proclaim anything and yet these charges shouldn't prevail

the senate can only deal with the charges as is

the nitwit, nervous nelly mitt needs to quit being a sucker/hater

what would be required is a re-impeachment with new charges and new investigations, if Bolton proclaims an impeachable offense
And another shit storm. Thanks Mittens.
  • oeb11
  • 01-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Fascist DPST's are learning Impeachment is no the slam dunk they thought.

Nor is it likely to affect Trump adversely in Nov 2020.

Frankly - the longer the Senate is tied up with this matter - the less the Fascist DPST's are on the campaign trail - which is a good thing.

McConnell shoul consider that - and maybe call the Bidens and Schiff - and occupy the Senate - which paralyzes the House - for months with supreme court appeals.

Keep 'em in session until the election!!!
  • oeb11
  • 01-29-2020, 09:52 AM

what's your take on Schiff's claim that if PussyHunter Biden is called, no one should be called, not even their latest "Bombshell" witness, Bolton?

just another part of the ploy? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
it didn't start out as a ploy.. the Democrats believed witnesses would promote removal, or at least expose "mis-doings". but that strategy is unworkable, when Mitch can bring witnesses like the Bidens. it's too late to change course, so the Dems can only hope no witnesses are called, and make that witness refusal a plus in November.

calling Hunter would be a deathblow, as Schiff understands. whatever is gained by Bolton would be lost 4-fold if Hunter had to talk.
it didn't start out as a ploy.. the Democrats believed witnesses would promote removal, or at least expose "mis-doings". but that strategy is unworkable, when Mitch can bring witnesses like the Bidens. it's too late to change course, so the Dems can only hope no witnesses are called, and make that witness refusal a plus in November.

calling Hunter would be a deathblow, as Schiff understands. whatever is gained by Bolton would be lost 4-fold if Hunter had to talk. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Everything Schiff does is a ploy. And a lie.
YUP
  • oeb11
  • 01-30-2020, 08:56 AM
I think the Republicans should hold a vote on witnesses - and abstain - one and all - let the DPST's vote themselves into the Bidens under oath.

Failing that - the Senate committees should underake formal investigations of Bidens conduct involving ukraine.
I think the Republicans should hold a vote on witnesses - and abstain - one and all - let the DPST's vote themselves into the Bidens under oath.

Failing that - the Senate committees should underake formal investigations of Bidens conduct involving ukraine. Originally Posted by oeb11
It appears that they have the voted to block witnesses. Lindsey Graham said he’s going to investigate the Biden’s. That's having your cake and eating it too.

WINNING
The real issue here is that Biden is the candidate that the less insane dingle berries are proffering for the presidency. The circumstantial evidence is clear that Papa Biden intervened for Sonny Biden in the Ukraine, doing exactly as they have accused Trump of doing(but Trump didn't actually do it).

If Sonny takes the stand, Papa's election campaign is over. This terrifies the Dingle Berries.

Frankly, Bondi's presentation was devastating. No one who watched that couldn't help but throw up a bit, even democrats.

I know papa is stupid, but to allow his son to carry on in this manner is incomprehensible to me. The thought that the Democrats would carry the impeachment charade forward in the face of that level of stupidity in their chosen messiah makes me fear for my country and constitution.