Cases Against Baltimore Policemen dropped by Mosby.

Did he put his eye out too?
I am guessing he did not listen when his momma told him to stop that or you will break your neck. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I can imagine he misunderstood "those instructions"!!!!
Not unless she provided support and/or her "professional" opinion about the viability of the claims for which the settlement was made. That may not be a "duty" and/or "responsibility" of a prosecutor in Maryland (to give legal opinions regarding civil litigation). If it is not then her actions may be outside the scope of her qualified immunity as a prosecutor, which means she could be held personally liable. The question is: Does she have money to pay a judgment. Originally Posted by LexusLover
What happens to attorneys who dont pay judgments?
What happens to attorneys who dont pay judgments? Originally Posted by gnadfly
In Maryland, I don't know.

In Texas I do not believe it can impact their license to practice law.

(I "assume" you are asking about a judgment obtained against the prosecutor for the actions and inactions in bringing the "prosecution" against these officers.)

As a practical matter, I would say that a judgment against the prosecutor (if one can be obtained) for conduct as a prosecutor/attorney would make hiring the prosecutor by a governmental agency or a private firm "problematic" but given the bias aligned with her decision making there may well be firms out there who would hire her.
  • DSK
  • 07-28-2016, 05:48 PM
Is nobody else curious about how someone neck breaks and dies but its nobody's fault? Did he break his own neck? Was it broken before the arrest but he could still function normally? Inquiring minds want to know. Originally Posted by clitlicker7
Let's say you are a 55 year old, 6'4" 250 pound Italian former drill Sergeant with a disabling head injury, and you are walking down to your favorite bar to get drunk. If you trip and fall onto an old lady and squash her and she can't breathe, and you can't get up so she suffocates, is anyone really at fault?
Let's say you are a 55 year old, 6'4" 250 pound Italian former drill Sergeant with a disabling head injury, and you are walking down to your favorite bar to get drunk. If you trip and fall onto an old lady and squash her and she can't breathe, and you can't get up so she suffocates, is anyone really at fault? Originally Posted by DSK
That is profound!

If a 55 year old, 6'4" 250 pound Italian former Drill Sergeant with a disabling head injury falls down in the forest And couldn't get up......would wild squirrels eat him or would he just turn into compost?
What happened in your case Eva?
  • DSK
  • 07-28-2016, 09:20 PM
That is profound!

If a 55 year old, 6'4" 250 pound Italian former Drill Sergeant with a disabling head injury falls down in the forest And couldn't get up......would wild squirrels eat him or would he just turn into compost? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
The alcohol would preserve him, so I'd go with the squirrels.
Is nobody else curious about how someone neck breaks and dies but its nobody's fault? Did he break his own neck? Was it broken before the arrest but he could still function normally? Inquiring minds want to know. Originally Posted by clitlicker7

Do some home work and get back with me... i can't wait

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9dd_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...8c6_story.html

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/25...iel-greenfield

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...18e_story.html

That is profound!

If a 55 year old, 6'4" 250 pound Italian former Drill Sergeant with a disabling head injury falls down in the forest And couldn't get up......would wild squirrels eat him or would he just turn into compost? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Squirrels don't eat Italian. BP whores do though.....according to the Italian.

"Point of Order" .... he said "255" if I recall correctly.

He's already got a short dick (by his admission) I wouldn't want to short his fat!
Not unless she provided support and/or her "professional" opinion about the viability of the claims for which the settlement was made. That may not be a "duty" and/or "responsibility" of a prosecutor in Maryland (to give legal opinions regarding civil litigation). If it is not then her actions may be outside the scope of her qualified immunity as a prosecutor, which means she could be held personally liable. The question is: Does she have money to pay a judgment. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Since the settlement was approved in Sept. 2015 and the first trial was in Dec. 2015, how could a person with no personal involvement be liable for a settlement made by the city.and approved by the city's spending panel?
As was seen in the OJ case a criminal trial and a civil trial covering the same action can have different verdicts. The level of proof is lower in a civil trial and the civil trial doesn't need a unanimous decision from the jurors. No civil case had been filed.
The only reason a city attorney would be involved in a civil case is if the city was the defendant or had filed the suit. The prosecutor does criminal cases. There is no way she would be asked for a civil trial opinion before she had tried her own case if she was asked at all. She might be liable for something that happened in a trial she was part of but there have to be some kind of misconduct. The chances she would ever have to pay anything are extremely remote.
Since the settlement was approved in Sept. 2015 and the first trial was in Dec. 2015, how could a person with no personal involvement be liable for a settlement made by the city.and approved by the city's spending panel? Originally Posted by Munchmasterman

Don't you have some homework to do for summer school?

I won't even address your legal opinion regarding relative litigation and the role of prosecutors in offering their opinions on the payment of restitution and/or reimbursement for losses paid by a governmental body.
That is profound!

Squirrels aren't known for eating shit, so I'd say he'd "compost " into a toxic spot on the forest floor where nothing else would ever grow.
Squirrels aren't known for eating shit, so I'd say he'd "compost " into a toxic spot on the forest floor where nothing else would ever grow. Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
His Holiness was word-associating with "nuts" and squirrels. He is a nut .. case!
The van driver who was charged with murder received a "not guilty" verdict. He, like Freddie Gray, was black. Strange since it was last reported that all charges related to the case were dropped and most of the political charlatans were no longer in office.

It is also being reported that most of the cops involved are still on the force.

Thanks, Obama.