Austin man, 19, jailed over Facebook post

Although your patronizing tone is annoying,

The reason why I presented this, though, is to discuss when do we STOP? Where is the threshold? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Any tone I may have had was directed at the source of the creation and the source's lack of initiative to instill some common sense prior to this point in this child's mental development ...

... and when "we stop" is when those responsible for procreating and then disregarding their responsibility for raising and nurturing the consequences of their productive activities ..... make a course correction toward teaching their children what ought and ought not to be done in order to lessen their "footprint" and burden on society.

George Carlin (RIP) has a marble eating theory, which went something like ... we should not stop small children from eating (or trying) marbles, because we really don't want more people born who are dumb enough to try to eat marbles. Darwinism.

I suppose I was a little ... curious? ... as to why you did not recall the anecdote about the limits of one's freedom of speech in a crowded theater ... and the potential consequences of not exercising any self-control to the detriment of many in the theater, including the shouting party....."Fire"!

Elizabeth, have a nice day .. and particularly Independence Day.
  • WTF
  • 07-03-2013, 05:05 PM
I nevrr agree with LL but I do on this csse. They guy msde a threat, you can't do that. Should he be punished once it was determined it was an empty yhreat? Now that might be the discussion worth having.
...The 19-year-old says he thought he was being edgy when he jokingly posted on Facebook that he was "going to shoot up a kindergarten."... Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
If he only said just that, I would have thought it was a joke, but he apparently said more:

... Carter wrote on Facebook, “I think I’ma shoot up a kindergarten. And watch the blood of the innocent rain down. And eat the beating heart of one of them.

and thus, I can see why they took it seriously.
stupid little boy...
stupid little boy... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

someone problem said that about Jack the Ripper when he was a kid.
I nevrr agree with LL but I do on this csse. They guy msde a threat, you can't do that. Should he be punished once it was determined it was an empty yhreat? Now that might be the discussion worth having. Originally Posted by WTF
There are personal and social consequences of "empty threats" ... airports get emptied, schools and buildings get emptied, emotional distress for all of those affected, the list is almost endless ... the little turd might as well learn that now and the "want-a-bes" too.

"We" have already had that debate (discussion) with regard to airline security. No difference.