Medical Care for the Uninsured / Specifically SUrgical Needs

• Carl
  • 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM

Maybe if the GOP wasnt the party of no we could have gotten a HCR bill passed with a real public option. And then less people would have had to "leech off the public" Originally Posted by actionjackson647
But you see, in their view, "public option" IS "leeching off the public." Unless it's Medicare. In that case, instead of a public option for the elderly, it's some hallowed basic human American right that the Democrats are using to put old people to death while manipulating it to bankrupt the country, which is why the elderly should vote for them. After all the "drive-by" media keeps saying the GOP is going gray at an alarming rate. They keep getting crankier, too.
Ask me who my health insurance agent is. She shops all of the companies finds the one with the best plan that suits your needs. I've been with her for about 2 years now.
in many cases people have no choice but to leach off the public. Lets face it a lot of providers are barely scraping by. If the have any serious medical condition they are fucked without insurance.
Hell i just had some blood tests that my insurance didnt cover. 5 minutes of blood draw,900 bill.
if she needs any type of surgery even minor that could easily be 10k. large numbers of the population cant afford it. period

Maybe if the GOP wasnt the party of no we could have gotten a HCR bill passed with a real public option. And then less people would have had to "leech off the public" Originally Posted by actionjackson647
But you see, in their view, "public option" IS "leeching off the public." Unless it's Medicare. In that case, instead of a public option for the elderly, it's some hallowed basic human American right that the Democrats are using to put old people to death while manipulating it to bankrupt the country, which is why the elderly should vote for them. After all the "drive-by" media keeps saying the GOP is going gray at an alarming rate. They keep getting crankier, too. Originally Posted by Carl
It's amazing what the difference is in the level of care people expect / accept when they pay for it themselves. 900 for bloodwork that insurance didnt cover? If insurance doesn't cover a diagnostic test... even they think it's bullshit and you most likely don't need it.

This girl has cysts that are currently painful and the concern with ovarian cysts is the possibility of malignancy. Got it. She should call around to several GYN's, talk to the nurse about it and about her lack of insurance to see what can be done. You would be amazed how much cheaper and more conservative the treatment can be. Should she have any cysts that look abnormal and or are malignant, I'm all about her getting on Medicaid for what it was intended... a last resort.

Shit, NextCare will see someone for $80 bucks right now.

As for the "public option", that's a can of worms. Start with tort reform, malpractice reform, the fact that the US subsidizes the worlds costs on medicine, and the idea the employers are somehow expected to pay for health insurance (a practice that only started due to wage freezes during WWII). Then you can walk back the costs substantially and have a logical discussion. There's not a single magic bullet because it is a systemic failure.

Insurance and fear of lawsuits have had the same effect on health care costs as federal loans have on college tuition... up, up, and away.
Medicaid Option took a turn today... Does anyone know if Medicaid precludes people with a prior Drug Conviction? i.e.POM?.....

If anyone can explain MAPS to me please PM me....
It's amazing what the difference is in the level of care people expect / accept when they pay for it themselves. 900 for bloodwork that insurance didnt cover? If insurance doesn't cover a diagnostic test... even they think it's bullshit and you most likely don't need it.

This girl has cysts that are currently painful and the concern with ovarian cysts is the possibility of malignancy. Got it. She should call around to several GYN's, talk to the nurse about it and about her lack of insurance to see what can be done. You would be amazed how much cheaper and more conservative the treatment can be. Should she have any cysts that look abnormal and or are malignant, I'm all about her getting on Medicaid for what it was intended... a last resort.

Shit, NextCare will see someone for $80 bucks right now.

As for the "public option", that's a can of worms. Start with tort reform, malpractice reform, the fact that the US subsidizes the worlds costs on medicine, and the idea the employers are somehow expected to pay for health insurance (a practice that only started due to wage freezes during WWII). Then you can walk back the costs substantially and have a logical discussion. There's not a single magic bullet because it is a systemic failure.

Insurance and fear of lawsuits have had the same effect on health care costs as federal loans have on college tuition... up, up, and away. Originally Posted by AustinBusinessTraveler
the blood tests were basic ones for chlosterol,glucose,etc. the normal ones you get with a physical.
my insurance doesnt cover lab tests. And i cant change policys since im "uninsurable" and have to use the texas hi risk pool
A chick with a prior drug CONVICTION, no health insurance, and is hanging out with Whimpers? I guess you get what you pay for...............<cough, cough>
A chick with a prior drug CONVICTION, no health insurance, and is hanging out with Whimpers? I guess you get what you pay for...............<cough, cough> Originally Posted by TaylorMaiden29
YA know something TM.......

If that is as UGLY as you THINK you can get you might try some up to date pictures that will show you in a more realistic light so we have accurate image to go with attitude.....

Providers come on here whining and begging for money when they are hurt, injured, have medical conditions etc...etc...etc... and the board tolerates it...... Some help.... Most just look the other way because many of the ladies around here make more than the guys that see them although their money management kills are a bit more lacking....

This community is made up of a number of young and not so young ladies that don't manage their money well, are uninsured, can't handle bills from month to month, etc,,,etc,,,etc...... We see their cries month after month after month......

There is no one here in this thread asking for anything more than some information........

You want to use this thread to start taking cheap shots at me for looking for some information that might help a single mom with a medical condition.... or display ugliness towards a young lady that works in a club and happens to be in a bad way just because of some mistake she made as a minor and the fact that she knows me?

Ya know something.....

You shined a pretty revealing light on yourself darlin.....

You just put forth another in a string of reasons why you and your little "posse" ain't "the shit" around here any more.....

With all those bondage toys laying around I think you need someone to shove one of those ball gags in your mouth and tie your hands behind your back....... That might actually put you in a rather sexy light for some! Consider that a Picture Request for your site....
Taylor and Whispers let's keep this thread on topic. It has actually been quite informative. I thank my lucky stars I have health insurance for myself and my seperated spouse
YA know something TM....... If that is as UGLY as you THINK you can get you might try some up to date pictures that will show you in a more realistic light so we have accurate image to go with attitude..... Providers come on here whining and begging for money when they are hurt, injured, have medical conditions etc...etc...etc... and the board tolerates it...... Some help.... Most just look the other way because many of the ladies around here make more than the guys that see them although their money management kills are a bit more lacking.... This community is made up of a number of young and not so young ladies that don't manage their money well, are uninsured, can't handle bills from month to month, etc,,,etc,,,etc...... We see their cries month after month after month...... There is no one here in this thread asking for anything more than some information........ You want to use this thread to start taking cheap shots at me for looking for some information that might help a single mom with a medical condition.... or display ugliness towards a young lady that works in a club and happens to be in a bad way just because of some mistake she made as a minor and the fact that she knows me? Ya know something..... You shined a pretty revealing light on yourself darlin..... You just put forth another in a string of reasons why you and your little "posse" ain't "the shit" around here any more..... With all those bondage toys laying around I think you need someone to shove one of those ball gags in your mouth and ties your hands behind your back....... That might actually put you in a rather sexy light for some! Consider that a Picture Request for your site.... Originally Posted by Whispers
Whimpers, you have made it so clear that you don't give a shit about women. You think they are beneath you. Now all of the sudden you act like you care about some woman and her medical condition? Maybe if she hung out with men who valued what she is really worth, she could afford some health insurance or just be able to handle the expense in cash.

I think you made up this woman. I think you are trying to make yourself look like you give a shit when we all know you don't. And now you are mad at me, Whimpers, and sending me pm's saying how mean I am being. Whatever, dude. She's not even real.
Britney has been drinking and just met with maddie the coed and finds her very cute and all this all very ammusing. Just wanted to throw that out there! Sixx, I gotta take that gawd damned tour. Maddie says she will accompany us. Whispers and taylor.... just stop it you 2! Y'all are killing my sides! I'm a happy drinker so I can't stop giggling. I have the funniest mental images right now. Okay back on topic...I need some health insurance because my titts are big and they hurt my back. I went to the chiropracter today and they wanted to charge me almost 300 bucks for a consultation. Can you believe that?
Anytime Britney, my tour is open to all! Drinks would be on me too

sixx
Whispers, you have made it so clear that you don't give a shit about women. You think they are beneath you.

I don't give a shit about women like you.... I don't give a rats ass about most opinionated Hooktards on SHMBs..... I've made that clear.....

Women in general?.... I love them..... Spend a ton of money on them and treat the ones I like pretty damn well.....

Now all of the sudden you act like you care about some woman and her medical condition? Maybe if she hung out with men who valued what she is really worth, she could afford some health insurance or just be able to handle the expense in cash.

And what should we could say that about just about every lady that comes on these boards looking for a handout when times are tough for them too?.... Should we throw back in their faces the money they've made laying on their backs month after month after month? Let see you go and make that point for some of your sisters! OBVIOUSLY you know better than they do!

I think you made up this woman. I think you are trying to make yourself look like you give a shit when we all know you don't.

Who is the "all" you seem to speak for?.... So many women distance themselves from you every chance they get...... Just who is left of that little cat corral you Shepard?..... Really.... I want to know.....

And now you are mad at me, Whimpers, and sending me pm's saying how mean I am being. Whatever, dude. She's not even real. Originally Posted by TaylorMaiden29
I'm not mad darlin...... I'm just so tired of being called a liar by some two bit W#$% that constantly twists my dislike for "ladies" like them and their little group into some overall dislike for women in general......

You are such a waste...... I understand more and more why you are so distasteful to men and women alike.....

A while back I called a lady a Liar and offered to be banished from the board if she could prove her claims.... Unfortunately nothing ever came of it......

I'll make you a similar offer.....

If Any MOD or ADMIN would like to verify the information I presented I will gladly have my Account Guested should it be inaccurate..... ifTaylor Maiden will agree to take her ass to some other site when I'm proven truthful and have her account here guested when the information is shown to be accurate...

Here is your chance to be rid of me darlin..... You think I'm making this up.......

I'm all in..... You calling?

Its a date! Now who has a limo big enough for whispers, tm, sixx, maddie, her roomie, and some strippers so we can take the tour! This is my idea of fun! We need a chaperone (sp)? I dunno? I don't my spell checker on damnit! Where is 78704 when u need him for something?
I gotta break out the smokes! Its gonna be a long night!
Its a date! Now who has a limo big enough for whispers, tm, sixx, maddie, her roomie, and some strippers so we can take the tour! This is my idea of fun! We need a chaperone (sp)? I dunno? I don't my spell checker on damnit! Where is 78704 when u need him for something? Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
Britney, Maddie and Haley in a Limo with Strippers?

If we can leave TM at the curb I'll split the cost of the Limo with SIXX and we can get KKA from San Antonio to chaperon.... I knew her when she WAS a stripper so she has plenty of experience with both worlds.......