Where Social Fears have perverted the procedures for collecting blood.

I wonder how hard it is to learn to safely bleed yourself. Junkies figure out how to hit a vein all the time.
  • Toyz
  • 05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I wonder how hard it is to learn to safely bleed yourself. Junkies figure out how to hit a vein all the time. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I got a knife, you got a vein?
  • S O B
  • 05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
If I choose this option, are you the person I need to mouth of to??

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
I'm one of em. Bring your lunch money and...the football squares money you pocketed. I need a new sprocket on my motorcycle.
  • S O B
  • 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
drop by P10 tomorrow afternoon around 2PM and introduce yourself..... I have no problem telling you in person anything I've posted here........ Originally Posted by Whispers
Or y'all can drop by Sams on Sunday morning for church. I'll start with your hurtful comments about my psuedo daughter in law and her poor dead white baby.
I'm one of em. Bring your lunch money and...the football squares money you pocketed. I need a new sprocket on my motorcycle. Originally Posted by S O B

hehehe

Since, I know you will be a bitch and not show up at P10, show up at Bikini's tomorrow 8pm.

P.S.... leave your gun at home

sixx
Here we go. Please reread what I wrote. I saw this coming which is why I wrote it the way I did. Honestly, read each word babe.
Here we go. Please reread what I wrote. I saw this coming which is why I wrote it the way I did. Honestly, read each word babe. Originally Posted by ExoticEzra

No worries, I was just messing with ya.

To get back on topic,

I wouldn't donate blood but I feel the same dilema when it's STD/HIV check time. They ask if you have paid for sex... "uh... no" lol

sixx
Don't they test donated blood for creepie crawlies?

How could they not?

Using the honor system for life and death matters doesn't make much sense to me.

I know if I need a procedure that would require blood, I would ask someone I knew to "pre-donate" for the procedure.
  • Toyz
  • 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I have to agree. I Do think it's a bit far fetched, that question, but I guess they're just going by statistics. I mean I'm assuming. I'm sure their question was pertaining more to the lower part of our world, which seems to be pretty relevant. The girls on streets etc are prob a little more careless w sex or drugs. Well, men who see them, prob are too. But nevertheless, we ARE all connected. And can really be connected once you decide to not wrap it up.

I say get tested for every single thing if you really want to give blood. Otherwise let them take it from you and toss it.

Ps: this is in no way trying to accuse any particular person for being positive right now based on specific circumstance. Just a general claim. Originally Posted by ExoticEzra
I honestly think the odds are miniscule of contracting something life threatening & don't stay up at night worrrying about it...but the chances are admittedly higher in our sport than most. I would not donate simply because of that potential risk, no matter the low percentile.

Couple of weeks ago was in a SC and a buddy had this girl on his lap. There wasn't enough lipstick to cover the blisters on her lip & we both wondered "Hmmmm, is that the only breakout?" I think her stage name was Simplex, but I could be wrong...Just brings you back to reality...

"Then she asked me to buy her a bottle of champagne...and passed the fuck out"...

How could they not?

Using the honor system for life and death matters doesn't make much sense to me.

I know if I need a procedure that would require blood, I would ask someone I knew to "pre-donate" for the procedure. Originally Posted by SpeakIntoTheMic
Presumably, they're worried about bad blood that passes the test anyway. There is probably a certain amount of blood that tests OK despite actually being infected. Some of the tests won't test positive until days, weeks, or even months after you've been infected, but your blood would be infectious. They're probably also worried about the possibility of some venereal disease that they don't have a test for yet.

The policies may also be a bit of a hangover from the day when they didn't have or didn't use tests for some of the diseases.

There's probably a good bit of prejudice, as well. Lots of folks think we're all disease ridden lowlifes.
No worries, I was just messing with ya.

To get back on topic,

I wouldn't donate blood but I feel the same dilema when it's STD/HIV check time. They ask if you have paid for sex... "uh... no" lol

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach

I get checked very often because of my IUD recommendations dates, but my physician never asks me such questions. Should she be?

How could they not?

I know if I need a procedure that would require blood, I would ask someone I knew to "pre-donate" for the procedure. Originally Posted by SpeakIntoTheMic
Yea no shit!! I agree!! They HAVE GOT to be clearing everything past a fucking questionnaire right?? I'm obviously uneducated in this so any medical " practice-ers" please speak up. Thanks for your time.
I honestly think the odds are miniscule of contracting something life threatening & don't stay up at night worrrying about it...but the chances are admittedly higher in our sport than most. I would not donate simply because of that potential risk, no matter the low percentile.

Couple of weeks ago was in a SC and a buddy had this girl on his lap. There wasn't enough lipstick to cover the blisters on her lip & we both wondered "Hmmmm, is that the only breakout?" I think her stage name was Simplex, but I could be wrong...Just brings you back to reality...

"Then she asked me to buy her a bottle of champagne...and passed the fuck out"... Originally Posted by Toyz

LM cute ass O!!! Thats my point exactly!!! We can be as protective and as straight as an arrow when it comes to our world.... But really??? How can the blood works system truly be that lazy? There's just no way, considering the careless "donaters" out there. Lol
I've been in motorcycle accident with 6 surgeries and they won't take my blood.
I, also, must give blood due to high Red Cell count and your blood is tested, so there is no possibilty of dirty blood getting in the supply.