How do doctors get paid?

You dipshits are rehashing medical economic issues that haven't changed in decades. Why the fuck do you think there have been repeated efforts at health system reform since Nixon's administration?

This is news?

This is Obamacare?

Fucking idiots!

Oh, and Whiny, you reap what you sow!
Thanks for the encouragement, Assup! I'm sowing the seeds of peace, freedom and prosperity! Join us, won't you?
Thanks for the encouragement, Assup! I'm sowing the seeds of peace, freedom and prosperity! Join us, won't you? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
One thing your article didn't point out is how easy it could be for Doctors to rip off the insurance companies and the patient as well. As a pharmacist do you know how many prescriptions I fill where the patient has told me they don't have those "symptoms" and have no clue why the MD prescribed that med?
Do you realize how easy it is for an MD to prescribe Nexium for 30 days which cost about $230 dollars when they could have easily prescribed Zantac for 30 days which cost about $10? Do you know how many MD's prescribe Doryx which is 400 dollar medication that has the same active ingredient as Doxycycline which cost about 20 bucs for the same quantity- actually Doxycycline is on Wal-Mart's $4 list.

Also, check your MD receipt invoice next time you go to the MD and see the upcharges MD's add on to the bill. A lot of MD's getting "perks" from Drug reps for writing prescriptions for certain meds which may or may not be in the best interest of the patient. I am not saying every MD is like this- but I see a lot more of this than you do COG- so your article is BS.

Also, speaking of how MD's get paid- Pre-ObamaCare- how the hell do you think Hospitals getting paid when they have to care for people with no insurance? Who the hell you thinks pays that bill?

Finally, just as it is in pharmacy it's been the same for MD's- reimbursements have been shitty- and this trend has been the status quo way before Obama got in office- in fact last time Pharmacies and MD;s got "decent" reimbursements from insurance companies were the Clinton years- so this notion that MD''s are not getting paid is a result of Obamacare is a big fucking joke.
It's not just Obamacare. This has been going on since medicine was taken over by the insurance companies. Obamacare will simply make it worse.

And I have no doubt that medical practice has been heavily and improperly influence by the pharmaceutical industry.

However, I don't think that detracts from the initial point I made. The doctor I referenced in the other thread has abandoned both Obamacare and insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid. I don't know if his integrity extends to avoiding the graft and corruption of the pharmaceutical industry. I hope it does.

In any event, I choose my health care providers carefully. My doctors don't play those games, but I have met some who do.

I was focusing on a narrow point, but I do accept your premise that it is more complicated than my OP let on.

So you make a good point, WE.

(Surprised you with that response, didn't I?)