Mechanic Wanted

Some of those repairs she needs can't be done by a 'shade tree mechanic'.

They will require a mechanic equipped with the right tools and equipments and computerized diagnosis machines in a fully equipped auto repair garage and the mechanic must have the training and experience to do such repairs..

It's not something that can be done in a parking lot or on a drive way in a few hours using a couple of drive up ramps.
What CG2014 said. If it starts, runs and drives maybe you sell it and use the cash as deposit on another vehicle. Or do the minimum to make it so.

They will require a mechanic equipped with the right tools and equipments and computerized diagnosis machines in a fully equipped auto repair garage and the mechanic must have the training and experience to do such repairs..

It's not something that can be done in a parking lot or on a drive way in a few hours using a couple of drive up ramps. Originally Posted by CG2014
Balls on right there!

Even with all that stuff, this thing still sounds like a hand grenade.
You guy's sound like all the talking heads on CNN trying to diagnose Trumps mental health. The OP asked for help with repairs, not a blind nello diagnosis with armchair valuations to boot. It seems to me someone has already told her what she needs, so maybe she already has the parts and just wants to get them installed.
I would be up for adjusting the multicosity of your frammas and reverse your forward bearings in exchange. Originally Posted by Souper

PM me babe
I already took it to a mechanic and I know what repairs I need done.
As stated above.

I just thought I would post on here - to do a trade of services if you were a mechanic - that's all. I know what it will cost..

It's not something that can be done in a parking lot or on a drive way in a few hours using a couple of drive up ramps. Originally Posted by CG2014
Since when do you need a computer to change shocks, oil pan gasket and differential fluid? Those parts are not electronic therefore don’t require that sort of diagnosistic
Since when do you need a computer to change shocks, oil pan gasket and differential fluid? Those parts are not electronic therefore don’t require that sort of diagnosistic Originally Posted by Here4theFUNofIT
Read her Original Post.

She mentioned Air Bag sensor.

That can't be done without the proper electronic computer equipment to scan the vehicle first for error codes and then scan it again after the Air Bag sensor is replaced.

Also her Tahoe being older, yes you are correct in saying a computer is not needed to change shocks but many of the new cars have electronic sensors and computer controls on the shocks.
Shocks-2 bolts (Don't even need to lift the truck. Differential (3rd member)-Since you have transaxal, it will be removeable... perfect time to do the seals (Do both sides), Oil Pan gasket is simple. Except for the 3rd member and transaxal work, you could probably do most of it yourself. The hard part is the cost of the parts. There's some place; cant remember the name on 35e sort of around mockingbird on the west side of the road that have great prices on parts (some refurbished).

I need these repairs: auto ride shocks - rear differential/change fluid & or replace any gears - oil pan gasket - change transaxle seal -

I am in Dallas also.. Originally Posted by Sweet Upscale Treat
If u want to teach me how - i am up for that too. Never hurts to learn something new!!
Anyone besides me see "Mechanic Wanted" and have an image of Charles Bronson come to mind?
If u want to teach me how - i am up for that too. Never hurts to learn something new!! Originally Posted by Sweet Upscale Treat
If no one legit answers. Message doc2078. He builds cars and can do it all.
Cars are so complicated now and yes, the new technology in them with the GPS and the gadgets are cool and useful (well, most of them), but it makes them impossible to repair yourself.

Even just changing the oil yourself (or replacing the battery) on some cars is impossible.

I remember I used to work on cars before I even got a license at 16 just watching my friends and my brother and I always did everything myself until about the late 80's.

Have replaced AC compressors, alternators, starters, shocks, full brake jobs, changed oils and belts and plugs.

Now you just can't do any of that yourself with all the computer technology in the cars.
Is it possible to see what repairs your mechanic wrote down that you need? Scan and post them? Redact any personal info on the work order.

For instance you write:" rear differential/change fluid & or replace any gears". There is a huge difference between a dif oil change and replacing differential gears. Dif oil gets changed at 100K miles. Gears should just about last forever as long as proper oil lever is maintained.

Dif oil change could be $100. Replace dif gears $2500. We need more info to make an informed decision. I have set up a ring/pinion and replaced spider gears and axle bearings but only on 50 year old cars with lots of wear and tear. An 05 should not need very much.

Some oil pans can be dropped no problem and it is easy to replace the gasket. Other pans cannot be dropped due to transaxle in the way.

"auto ride shocks"...are these air shocks? If so is the shock air pump good? Is it established the shocks are worn out?

Are you asking for the mechanic to supply parts and his time? And in return you will supply your time? If so I see that version of the deal lopsided. You both provide your time, but car's owner supplies parts.
Im willing to trade my services for a master mechanic with a shop in dfw area:
Depending on total cost
4 hr - 6hr - 10 hr