What is the deal with tattoos?

I'm with the OP. I've never seen a tattoo enhance the beauty of a provider. At best, they are innocuous. But I've seen far, far more that just make you wonder "What was she thinking!!??" But I've been through enough of these discussions to know that some folks view the issue differently. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I totally agree. Also, think it's your body and do w it as you please. Just as I have the choice to see whom ever I please.
Its just another fad that will run its course like everything else. Tattoos have been around forever and their popularity changes back and forth.

Lets discuss a much more ridiculous fashion statement. The flat bill. If you wear a flat bill you deserve to have your balls kicked in public.
Hey Jerry, what's the deal with airline food while you're at it?

... this is the local cool thing Originally Posted by Ashi
Haha
I don't have any tattoos but I happen to love them. I bet if I were 20-30 years younger, I'd have a bunch of tattoos and be pierced in different areas.

Now? I've thought of getting a tattoo and just might do it this year. Nearly got a small one last Spring.

Regardless, though, I happen to also agree with some of the posters that ask "Why?" Not that I'm against them but with young people, well your tastes will change.

A tattoo is a huge commitment.

I'm sure that everyone knows what I mean. I have that reaction with plenty of tattoos seen on guys, too.

Frankly, I think that getting tattoos is a sort of addiction for some. The endorphins/pain is compelling. Just my thoughts on it.

When a good friend gets one, they end up getting a second one so often. Then, there they go.

Elisabeth

P.S. I'm feeling verbose this morning! Some of the BEST ink that I've seen has been on older adults that are getting a tattoo as some sort of statement or personal meaning. So interesting this whole body ink thing.

Has any one, who has a LOT of ink, read the Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury? I've always wanted to ask that question.

Maybe I am too old to get it ... Originally Posted by Ashi
You answered your own question.
I have 9...mostly small ones....my customer base is just fine.
I don't have any tattoos and will probably never get any tattoos for these three reasons:

1. I don't like pain.
2. I don't like needles.
3. I have enough scars/skin problems that I'm trying to fade; don't need anymore!

Nonetheless, there are some ladies with some very beautiful tattoos. If they want to decorate their temple, then so be it!
Ashi said in a later post he was out of the country and it struck him that tats are more popular then he remembers. So, he is asking why/what happened? Asking questions is fine.

I am not sure but it seems the cultural barrier / social risk of the tat has gone down. Meaning people don't feel that tat people are as bad/rough as previously thought etc. At the same time, people (men and women) are placing tats on their body as a testament to some person or event in their lives.

I do not like them due the Hep C risk associates with crappy salons that do not manage viral spread. I slightly knew a girl 15 years ago that died of hep c from a bad tat within 30 days of getting it. What a shame.

I prefer none, but take that on a case by case basis. I think small and tasteful rather than all over body. A pretty woman is a pretty woman.
I'm not a big fan of tats. I think too many ladies just have way to many and they don't really mesh. On the other hand some times I'm into them on the right lady.
I am trying to understand, why a lady with a beautiful body would need to leave a permanent mark on her body? Originally Posted by Ashi
I prefer no body art (tattoos or piercings). Originally Posted by Hercules
I'm with the OP. I've never seen a tattoo enhance the beauty of a provider. At best, they are innocuous. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I totally agree. Also, think it's your body and do w it as you please. Originally Posted by koseylee

I prefer none, but take that on a case by case basis. I think small and tasteful rather than all over body. Originally Posted by johnjay
I'm not a big fan of tats. I think too many ladies just have way to many and they don't really mesh. Originally Posted by blowmypop23

Yup to all of these... get off our lawns..
I LOVE tattoos, I think they look great on a woman. Just as long as they're not those trashy, cheap, faded ones, I enjoy them. While I can appreciate a blank canvas, I like the art more (piercings, too)
Yup to all of these... get off our lawns.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
+1
I think tattoos are here to stay for awhile and I hope the facial piercings keep fading out
I'm with the OP. I've never seen a tattoo enhance the beauty of a provider. At best, they are innocuous. But I've seen far, far more that just make you wonder "What was she thinking!!??" But I've been through enough of these discussions to know that some folks view the issue differently. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Once again I agree with TexTush, right on the nose (or snout).

This topic is very polarizing, kinda like the bare vs hair grooming topic. There are strong opinions on both sides. One thing seems consistent—whenever someone sides to the slightly 'old school' way (like few or no tattoos…or having nice grooming or landing strip), the opposing side is WAY more vocal in their criticism. Things like "you're old…blah blah blah" or "if you don't like it, move on" or "that's the way it is now, homes." Not sure why…maybe us older guys are a little wiser and just keep our mouths shut more often.

Unlike the grooming habits threads, I haven't seen all the tattoo topic threads. Maybe I've just ignored them. And yeah, this may be beating a dead horse (as someone said), but I would like to know what the appeal is. Because it is certainly very common now.

For me, I don't care for them but they're not an ender for me. The last 2 indie providers I saw were beautiful ladies and had multiple tats. I can handle some more than others—OK with arms, sides, high hips, tramp stamp area, and low leg (ankle area). NO to face, front of neck, on breasts or close vicinity, and prefer nowhere near butt or thighs (my favorite naughty place to travel.)

Now that I just went north of 50 years old, I appreciate and love a beautiful woman's body more than ever. Smooth skin—can be dark, light or something in between—with luscious curves. I can get past tats, but I'd rather appreciate artwork somewhere else (and there are plenty of great tattoo artists out there). I'm in the art and design business, and will occasionally do hand-drawn calligraphy for corporate clients…but I'd rather not see the best piece of script lettering ever done on a pretty girl's stomach. LOL.

Morgan says tattoos come with the "territory"? How's that?

Brandee said many guys here love the tatted lady. Clearly (it's becoming a younger man's game). Is that a motivation to get them? Surely not.

Elisabeth said there may be an attraction to a little pain. If so, I'll give you a good spanking to your bare bottom. Mmm.

And lastly, Ass Hunter's 'flat bill cap' comment is damn hilarious. The thread should have closed after than one.
I love tattoos on a man are a woman i got 17 and want more i see nothing wrong with it if u dnt like them than keep it moving