IRS agents training with AR-15s?

Here is the perfect training weapon for the IRS

They don't use much ammunition either
Some IRS agents carry firearms. Not surprisingly, going to someone's house to seize their belongings to satisfy back taxes can pose some hazards. This surprises you?
Some IRS agents carry firearms. Not surprisingly, going to someone's house to seize their belongings to satisfy back taxes can pose some hazards. This surprises you? Originally Posted by timpage
The I.R.S. has armed officers that execute seizure orders? I thought that was one of the functions of the U.S. Marshals Service. (But thankfully, I've never had to learn about this issue from personal experience!)
You spent money on training for "in case you need it" skills too. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
OK. But when are they EVER going to need those skills?

IRS agents shouldn't be making arrests or be out in the field. That is for the FBI or US marshals or somebody else.

IRS agents should be sitting at desks, doing 99% of their work by mail. If they conduct an audit with a taxpayer in person, the taxpayer should go through X-rays machines at the IRS office the same way he or she would at a courthouse.

Inside the office, all the IRS needs is uniformed security guards with - at most - hand guns.

I don't see the need for an assault rifle EVER.
Some IRS agents carry firearms. Not surprisingly, going to someone's house to seize their belongings to satisfy back taxes can pose some hazards. This surprises you? Originally Posted by timpage
Yeah, I'm with CaptainMidnight on this one.

US Marshals are the ones who are supposed to come knocking on doors. Not IRS agents.