Do you plan to display a political sign for the presidential election?

"Ask him . . . ."

Little, little he hee . . .
It's a challenge to maintain the U.S. flag when it's appropriate.

In Texas

Although the "yard sign" would then be my "property" I would probably refrain from the use of "deadly force," although my U.S. flags are a different matter all together. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Some black guy in Dallas shot and killed three white guys stealing his car from his property one time way back - he was aquitted.

Based upon what you posted, I imagine.
interesting. 7 NO votes. part of the silent majority? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Ehh.. in my case, even if I were a die hard Trump fan-- I still find the folks who have 7 yard signs, 3 Trump flags, and even more Trump flags attached to their vehicle.. beyond ridiculous.

I don't do bumper stickers-- because I eventually want to get as much for my vehicles on resale as possible. I don't do yard signs outside of smaller races-- because I see no benefit from battling with neighbors on either side of the political fence.

The childish urge to "own the Trumpers" or "own the Libs" is just stupid in my eyes. It serves no purpose.
Ehh.. in my case, even if I were a die hard Trump fan-- I still find the folks who have 7 yard signs, 3 Trump flags, and even more Trump flags attached to their vehicle.. beyond ridiculous.

I don't do bumper stickers-- because I eventually want to get as much for my vehicles on resale as possible. I don't do yard signs outside of smaller races-- because I see no benefit from battling with neighbors on either side of the political fence.

The childish urge to "own the Trumpers" or "own the Libs" is just stupid in my eyes. It serves no purpose. Originally Posted by Grace Preston

who said anything about battling with neighbors or owning anyone? what's childish about supporting a candidate?
interesting. 7 NO votes. part of the silent majority? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

no

We have the US Flag displayed as do many folks on my street. We all know what it means. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Funny how that works. I had to dig a 24” deep x ~100’ long trench to put in spotlights so everything confirmed with electrical code, as well as flag flying rules. Now it can stay up 24/7 in any weather.

Edit: The only place I’ve seen Biden signs is in Mt Lebanon, which is FULL of them. Everywhere else sweet corn signs outnumber them, and Trump signs are on almost every house.
who said anything about battling with neighbors or owning anyone? what's childish about supporting a candidate? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

One can support a candidate without making it look as though the candidate vomited all over their yard, fence, roof, and car. I've seen some utterly ridiculous displays.
One can support a candidate without making it look as though the candidate vomited all over their yard, fence, roof, and car. I've seen some utterly ridiculous displays. Originally Posted by Grace Preston

who said i was going to build a shrine in my yard?

i do have one neighbor with that classic "house divided" issue. one sign for Biden, one for Trump. i noticed they moved one closer to the street the other day. the way they had them before, if you drove west you saw the Trump sign and it blocked the Biden sign, same the other way if you drove east, the Biden sign blocked the Trump sign. so they moved one closer to the sidewalk.

i don't know these people, they live two streets over so they aren't close neighbors, but i'd bet the Husband supports Trump and the Wife Biden.
Nobody said you were going to put a shrine in your yard. I was merely stating that one of the reasons why I don't put signs in my yard... is because I just hate seeing the shrines. And more than once-- I've seen a person putting a sign in their yard-- lead to a neighbor erecting a shrine. It gets old.
  • oeb11
  • 09-09-2020, 03:01 PM
G - Well done - good Sir!!
Show the flag - great idea.
We have the US Flag displayed as do many folks on my street. We all know what it means. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Around here it means keep your grimes off.
  • oeb11
  • 09-09-2020, 03:06 PM
I will hang a large white flag with an AR-15 in black on it. On One side of my home entrance.

and an American flag on the other side of my home entrance.

and a CCTV camera above.

DPST OBLM and anti-Fa - get the idea????
...to a neighbor erecting a shrine. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
I can't stand HOA's, but they do serve a purpose occasionally. Mine gets anal about the height of the grass occasionally, which is why I have a lengthy article published from Texas A&M discussing the importance of not cutting the grass too short in the heat of the Summers.

The short version: Fuck Off!
Gotta love those HOAs. You pay them to give you shit.
G - Well done - good Sir!!
Show the flag - great idea. Originally Posted by oeb11