Military Fakes Conning a Provider

I have a very simple way of figuring it out, I talk to them. I don't always offer a discount and I've never been asked for one. I may however, tell them a lower price than I charge other people. I don't think I've ever said 'I'll take this much off because you're military'. If I've ever been wrong, then I was wrong. I do work on a lot of military and prior military people. I'm happy to have a way for me to give back some of the peace and comfort that they've given me.
I can't bring myself to ask for a military discount. I didn't serve to save $25 on a BJ. As for fakes, it is so bad they had to pass a law. There were so many people claiming they earned the Medal of Honor, and other decorations, they tried to make it illegal.
It went to the Supreme Court. The Stolen Valor Act was declared a violation of the First Amendment.
Ask him his serial number.
Drafted it will start with US
If he enlisted it will start with RA (Army)
Air Force will start with AF
Not sure about the other branches
Any one in the service will remember their serial number. Unless you are retired from the military you won't have an ID card.
I can't bring myself to ask for a military discount. I didn't serve to save $25 on a BJ. As for fakes, it is so bad they had to pass a law. There were so many people claiming they earned the Medal of Honor, and other decorations, they tried to make it illegal.
It went to the Supreme Court. The Stolen Valor Act was declared a violation of the First Amendment. Originally Posted by slowmover
I don't post often, but I couldn't agree more with this.

I have scars my clothes cover and if a provider asks, I'll answer. But I would refuse a discount if offered. I research the women I seek, know what they charge, and feel they should be paid their full donation. My job pays me my full wage, and I feel I should do same for anyone providing a service for me.
  • ~Ze~
  • 08-03-2012, 04:33 AM
It went to the Supreme Court. The Stolen Valor Act was declared a violation of the First Amendment. Originally Posted by slowmover

Very interesting - I have heard that it is a FINE ass line between what they will enforce regarding that and what they leave as freedom of speech.

----------------------------------

Here is a recent X@#$%^&*(Former Guard) that not only was claiming to be a seriously wounded vet... but was using it to garner votes on a fucking tv show.

Timothy Poe - Americas Got Talent LIAR
  • Caleb
  • 08-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Ask him his serial number.
Drafted it will start with US
If he enlisted it will start with RA (Army)
Air Force will start with AF
Not sure about the other branches
Any one in the service will remember their serial number. Unless you are retired from the military you won't have an ID card. Originally Posted by tucson
This is old school - thanks for your service.

I was active duty USN late 80s/early 90s and somewhere between your service and mine the government decided that they only needed to issue one unique number per person. Serial numbers went away and were replaced by SSN.

I have a DD-214 to validate my service, but thats not a document I generally carry with me.
DD-214....framed mine after serving one year, eleven months and twenty three days.....draft number 75!

Regarding discount, I'd take it if offered, but never requested....
With the DD-214 all you have to do is black out most of the stuff on it as long as your name is right, on the paper and your regular ID. I've taken them many times.

I'd take military hospital discharge papers too.

And fellow Coasties always get a little something something.
That ID has my entire SRB and medical... You think i want yall to know how many times I have had my bore punched?? hell no!!! lol
They haven't reamed a dick in 65 years.I do remember the red sulfa drugs that made your piss as red as blood. Now they have all kinds of meds to get the drip and itch stopped.
Ask them for their AFSC or MOS codes, where they attended basic and tech school. If a con is going to all the trouble to know this then they are very desperate.
+1 to Indefinable Ms. M

I am prior military. I think one thing you may have noticed from us that really are, I would say most of us won't ever even TRY to play it for a discount, so if you are getting someone who is starting off a convo like that, that should be your first red flag.

I wouldn't give up my military ID to anyone that wasn't law enforcement. (it's my first grab when I get pulled over for speeding though lol)

I won't take my DD-214 out of my home unless I require it for something very important. Those are hard to replace from what I understand.

MOS codes are not well known to someone who has not really been in the military, that is a great place to start. tech schools are also job specific, so if you have their MOS code (that's Army) or whatever it is, and where they went to tech school, just ask one of us that was in that branch and we can probably tell you if they are bullshitting or not.

One tip: Occasionally those change. I got into a bar fight one day over ranger school. I told him I went to ranger school at ft jackson, and he hit me thinking I was bullshitting because he didn't know they opened up another school there too.

He only believed me after I whipped his ass, because he didn't want to belive a AG 75F could whip his ass without ranger training. lol.

(Translated: AG means office work, very little physical training, and 75F is basically a computer networking guy), in other words he didn't want to think he could get beat down by a computer nerd.