So, Retired Justice Stevens Wants To Re-Write Our Constitution.

I wonder what side you guys would come down on if someone took out a gun and started shooting all the people who were trying to put him in an electric chair. Originally Posted by Doove
His changes are not just about the 2d Amendment.
Honestly, the only one I can agree with is his 6th suggestion, that being, defining the death penalty as cruel and unusual punishment.
I used to be pro death penalty, but the cold hard facts about how we arbitrarily hand it out makes it plain that we are not mature enough as a society to recognize the unfairness of the Proccess.
His changes are not just about the 2d Amendment.
Honestly, the only one I can agree with is his 6th suggestion, that being, defining the death penalty as cruel and unusual punishment.
I used to be pro death penalty, but the cold hard facts about it being arbitrarily handed out makes it plain that we are not mature enough as a society to recognize the unfairness of the Proccess. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Plus, they are going to start to demand affirmative action against whitey on the death penalty via demanding proportional executions based on race, so we might as well get rid of it.
He can't change it anymore than Mark Levin can.
It would take a shooting war to change the NRA's favorite amendment.
The fucking liberals are close to their commie pal Putin on this one...bet the Ukrainians wish they had more protection....

"Only Russian citizens who are over eighteen years of age can own civilian firearms. Guns may be acquired for self-defense, hunting or sports activities only. Russian citizens can buy smooth-bore long-barreled firearms and pneumatic weapons with a muzzle energy of up to 25 joules. An individual cannot possess more than ten guns unless part of a registered gun collection, guns that shoot in bursts and having more than a ten-cartridge capacity are prohibited.
Carrying permits are issued for hunting firearms licensed for hunting purposes. People who acquire firearms for the first time are required to attend six and a half hours of classes on handling guns safely and must pass federal tests on safety rules, and their background is checked.[96][further explanation needed] Gun licenses are for five years and can be renewed.

In Ukraine a license is required to own firearms. If a citizen is:
  • 21 years of age (18 if the license is for hunting)
  • has no criminal record
  • has no history of domestic violence
  • has no mental illness or history of mental illness
  • has good reason (target shooting, hunting, collection)
...then that person may be issued a license.
Once a license is issued, all guns must be kept unloaded and in a safe. If a person owns more than three firearms, the safe must have an alarm on it. Citizens are permitted to own non-fully automatic rifles and shotguns as long as they are stored properly when not in use.
Handguns are illegal except for target shooting and those who hold concealed carry permits. Handguns are only allowed in .22, 9mm, .357mag and .38 calibre. Concealed carry licenses are available, but are not normally issued unless a threat to life is present and can be proven
"
source - Wikipedia

In Texas, you don't need no stinkin' license to own a motherfucking gun...let's see Putin try some shit here.
Obama is right - I'm clinging to my guns and my religion!!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I doubt that either the Russian or Ukrainian Constitution contains a "Bill of Rights" such as we have.
Make changes to the constitution? For who's benefit certainly not ours. These idiots like justice Stevens won't be satisfied until masses of citizens revolt and lives are lost over these stupid proposals and ideas.

Jim
What is wrong with ideas? Not all are good, but ideas cause discussion and thincking ... Not much wrong with that.
JL is off his meds tonight.
I doubt that either the Russian or Ukrainian Constitution contains a "Bill of Rights" such as we have. Originally Posted by Jackie S
"... you have, you have so many things we never had in Russia — like warning shots!" Yakov Smirnoff

RE: the OP --

Perhaps "a better title for this book would be, Six Reasons You Should Thank God Stevens Isn't Not on the Bench Anymore.

well if they try, we can all rest easy knowing CC will be there to out down the hammer. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
How many times have you "out down the hammer"? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
+1
Have to disagree with Jewish Lawyer on this one. A Supreme Court justice can rewrite the Constitution in two ways; they can create a precedent with an ambiguous decision on one particular case (Kelo v City of New London) or they can create a new understanding of the law which can be used to strike down many laws (Roe v Wade). They just don't have to SAY that they are rewriting the Constitution but they have done it anyway.
[SIZE="3"]"... you have, you have so many things we never had in Russia — like warning shots!" Yakov Smirnoff

RE: the OP --

Perhaps "a better title for this book would be, Six Reasons You Should Thank God Stevens Isn't Not on the Bench Anymore.[/

+1 Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Where did I say "out down the hammer?"

and why are you agreeing with your village idiot, Slobbrin on it?
What is wrong with ideas? Not all are good, but ideas cause discussion and thincking ... Not much wrong with that. Originally Posted by pyramider
Well like you said "not all are good". Like tweaking the 2nd Amendment proposing that only Law Enforcement and Military should have guns. What about retired Police Officers. Suppose a retired Police Officer is confronted by a suspect he arrested during his career and a weapon is involved.

Jim
Great example Jim.

What if a retired police officer is confronted by a young father in a movie theater?
Great example Jim.

What if a retired police officer is confronted by a young father in a movie theater? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
what about it. Shit does happen. Iam sorry you will never live in a perfect world. Perfection and total peace doesn't exist on earth. You're just going to have to wait till ya get to heaven for that.

Jim
what about it. Shit does happen. Iam sorry you will never live in a perfect world. Perfection and total peace doesn't exist on earth. You're just going to have to wait till ya get to heaven for that.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
He doesn't believe in heaven!!
He doesn't believe in heaven!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
True dat! But I do believe in the Book of Life, on which BTW, you owe a shitload of overdue fees.
Did anyone here read the book??