Communication errors

Log out, clear cookies, then log back in cleanly and see if that helps. Toggling the on/off switch is always one of those old tricks programmers try when all else fails. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
LazurusLong thanks man I gave it a try but no luck, I also I did a reboot, I ran ccleaner to get rid of all cookies and temp files no dice. The one of the ECCIE gods seems to hate me. I just received this message again:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. Shea Veile has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Shea Veile from the recipient list and send the message again.
Are you sure those are automatic responses? maybe they just have very good tastes and are being polite to you??? (JUST Kidding)
Are you sure those are automatic responses? maybe they just have very good tastes and are being polite to you??? (JUST Kidding) Originally Posted by Bubba3452
You could be right!

Tech support emailed me this:

"She has opted to not receive pms here as anyone can do. You can try to email her"
Here is what seems to be the final answer:

"Her account is setup to only take PM's from mods and her personal contacts. "
You could be right!

Tech support emailed me this:

"She has opted to not receive pms here as anyone can do. You can try to email her" Originally Posted by AT6Texan
Here is what seems to be the final answer:

"Her account is setup to only take PM's from mods and her personal contacts. " Originally Posted by AT6Texan

Both of those statements are totally not true. Either tech support hasn't actually checked, the system has an actual glitch that hasn't been found or they're feeding you a line of BS cuz they don't want to follow up.

I do not have my settings set to reject or block private messages. In fact, I sent a PM to AT6Texan last night (shortly after 2am) and didn't receive any system messages on my end.

AT6Texan, just do what I usually advise everyone ... contact me thru P411 (P2113) or my website (www.SheaVeile.com). It'll save you the hassle of dealing with unreliable communications via the board.

Both of those statements are totally not true. Either tech support hasn't actually checked, the system has an actual glitch that hasn't been found or they're feeding you a line of BS cuz they don't want to follow up.

I do not have my settings set to reject or block private messages. In fact, I sent a PM to AT6Texan last night (shortly after 2am) and didn't receive any system messages on my end.

AT6Texan, just do what I usually advise everyone ... contact me thru P411 (P2113) or my website (www.SheaVeile.com). It'll save you the hassle of dealing with unreliable communications via the board.

. Originally Posted by Shea Veile
I did try to respond to your last PM, Oh how I wish I could. The tech showed me the box he said you have checked:

Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and ModeratorsYes No

You may look and see that it is set to no instead.
I am not P411, I will gladly look at your website!

AT6Texan
The settings are correct and have been checked & double-checked. There should be no reason why the messages aren't received.

Yea, I'm quite aggravated at this point and it's exactly why I do not prefer the PM system.

Interesting to know that the people I have on my shit list, know I have blocked them from communication here.
FYI. Solution. You can set your PMs to contacts and mods only. If you do, no one not on your contact list or mod can PM you.
The settings are correct and have been checked & double-checked. There should be no reason why the messages aren't received.

Yea, I'm quite aggravated at this point and it's exactly why I do not prefer the PM system.

Originally Posted by Shea Veile
Shea you are right about being frustrated, but seeing your photos takes all the frustration out for me.

The heads up here is that this may be happening to other folks as well and even hurting peoples business for whatever the cause is.

On a Bright note I think my last try to PM Shea went through!
Interesting to know that the people I have on my shit list, know I have blocked them from communication here. Originally Posted by berkleigh
I sincerely hope I am not on your shit list.

It would seem I have enough problems.
AT6Texan,

I know Shea. Let me be blunt about a hint she dropped earlier.

If you have not seen her before and been screened by her, then she absolutely wants you to use the screening form on her web site. When people keep trying other methods, it tells her that they haven't or won't read her web site that she paid so much for.

Hint bomb dropped!
I was just trying to reply to a PM Shea sent me but thanks for the help though it was all cleared up earlier. I think you missed the situation.

I guess you bombed me

AT6Texan,

I know Shea. Let me be blunt about a hint she dropped earlier.

If you have not seen her before and been screened by her, then she absolutely wants you to use the screening form on her web site. When people keep trying other methods, it tells her that they haven't or won't read her web site that she paid so much for.

Hint bomb dropped! Originally Posted by J.G. Wentworth
BTW the PMing is going very well now thanks for the help from Shea, Bubba3452, and tech support.

I am now a happy camper!!!!!
AT6Texan or is it SNJ or Harvard?
FWIW I was getting the same message as you, just checked and everything is normal. I could now PM Shea if it were necessary.

c.a.