Supreme Court Halts Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross' Scheduled Deposition About the Census. Here's Why.

what throws the numbers off is when illegals pack themselves in a house or apt. (20 or so.) you only hear about this when neighbors complain of unusual activity to the police which is when they discover some illegal habitation laws took place. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Are there "illegal habitation laws" some place?

(Not being critical. Just an unusual word choice?)

What I've seen in the area where I live is a citizen-relative living in the residence (owning the home) and "visiting" relatives congregating and "visiting" for extended periods of time. In one instance two houses down and across the street there was an INS captain living who had a clear view of the traffic and congregating ... several were living in the garage.

They aren't even discrete about it.
Are there "illegal habitation laws" some place?

(Not being critical. Just an unusual word choice?)

What I've seen in the area where I live is a citizen-relative living in the residence (owning the home) and "visiting" relatives congregating and "visiting" for extended periods of time. In one instance two houses down and across the street there was an INS captain living who had a clear view of the traffic and congregating ... several were living in the garage.

They aren't even discrete about it. Originally Posted by LexusLover

some towns/counties have ordinances on how many people can be living in a residence.
some towns/counties have ordinances on how many people can be living in a residence. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
OK ... your comment was about quantities and not origin.

Since those issues primarily arise in "minority neighborhoods" I would suspect any attempt at "enforcement" would be met with some serious and loud objections based on an accusation of "racism."

The recent flooding (last year) in the Houston metro area and in other such communities all the way to Puerto Rico have probably relaxed those "quantity regs" due to the housing shortages and economic hardships.

The congestion with which I am personally familiar predated Harvey.
Just like most places have laws about squatters rights.
Just like most places have laws about squatters rights. Originally Posted by garhkal

its not about squatting tho.
Just like most places have laws about squatters rights. Originally Posted by garhkal
... "squatters rights" is an archaic phrase describing laws that create "rights" in persons who reside on property for various periods of time in conflict with the record/historic owner of the property in "adverse possession" to the "legal owner." The "quality" of the possession is reduced the longer the person remain on the property adversely to the record owner.

The discussion about illegal aliens infesting neighborhoods with overcrowded housing is not in the same category of activities.