I'm Starting To Like Rand Paul

That is such a bullshit argument. So if the government wants to search you or your home just because you would be OK with that? Using the argument that you must have something to hide if you disagree with the Patriot act is silly. There may be legitimate reasons for and against this law and it has nothing to do with whether or not you have done anything wrong. Using your stupid argument then anyone that supports the Patriot act must be as clean as the wind driven snow. Originally Posted by Budman
No it's not bullshit and I see you still have an agenda against me- you are just like COG you are a closet racist who blames others for things you probably do behind close doors.
To answer your question - let the govt snoop and eavesdrop on my calls- I have nothing to hide you idiot. If the govt were to monitor me they would have no evidence expect that I am a law abiding God fearing tax paying Christian. Why does it bother you bud man? What the hell are you doing behind closed doors that you so afraid of the government knowing your intentions ? Remember it was the republicans who established this law now you guys are panicking because if we really knew who you were - you all would be on a ton of shit.
  • WTF
  • 06-01-2015, 10:27 AM
No it's not bullshit and I see you still have an agenda against me- you are just like COG you are a closet racist who blames others for things you probably do behind close doors.
To answer your question - let the govt snoop and eavesdrop on my calls- I have nothing to hide you idiot. If the govt were to monitor me they would have no evidence expect that I am a law abiding God fearing tax paying Christian. Why does it bother you bud man? What the hell are you doing behind closed doors that you so afraid of the government knowing your intentions ? Remember it was the republicans who established this law now you guys are panicking because if we really knew who you were - you all would be on a ton of shit. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Well would you be ok with the government knowing and using it against you that you post on a Hooker board?

You know that is shit is illegal right?
To answer your question - let the govt snoop and eavesdrop on my calls- I have nothing to hide you idiot. If the govt were to monitor me they would have no evidence expect that I am a law abiding God fearing tax paying Christian. Why does it bother you bud man? What the hell are you doing behind closed doors that you so afraid of the government knowing your intentions ? Remember it was the republicans who established this law now you guys are panicking because if we really knew who you were - you all would be on a ton of shit. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911

Dude, you have a fucking complex. Everyone that disagrees with you has an agenda against you. You are a fucking lying POS. If you can't see the difference in having something to hide and not wanting to give up freedom than you are dumber than I thought and that is saying something because I think you are really stupid.

Go to church and ask god for a brain. Fucking idiot.
Lol! WE, you are priceless. God watches you, too. I doubt if He's pleased with the way you behave while wearing His t-shirt. Lol!

But that aside, the right to privacy does not belong to only those with "nothing to hide". It belongs to all, unless government can produce a warrant based on probable cause. That is a foundational principle of the United States. You are promoting Soviet style security. No thank you. Not caring about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is like not caring about the right to free speech because you have nothing to say.

How would you like it if your pastor had access to your eccie account?
Lol! WE, you are priceless. God watches you, too. I doubt if He's pleased with the way you behave while wearing His t-shirt. Lol!

But that aside, the right to privacy does not belong to only those with "nothing to hide". It belongs to all, unless government can produce a warrant based on probable cause. That is a foundational principle of the United States. You are promoting Soviet style security. No thank you. Not caring about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is like not caring about the right to free speech because you have nothing to say.

How would you like it if your pastor had access to your eccie account? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG with all due respect you and others make the drastic mistake in believing that when the constitution was written that it would apply to the world we live in today. Back in Washington and Jefferson's days there were no terrorist or people hell bent on killing Americans just for the sake of jihadist principles. I would like to fly from city to city with a peace in mind and knowing some jihadist doesn't have bomb materials in his shoes or underwear trying to kill me and innocent passengers and if it takes the government to eavesdrops on your phone call and mine than by God that's what needs to be done.
If you are doing nothing wrong and not having phone sex with a mistress, underage girl or you are not on your phone to purchase illegal substances than I ask you all again what are you afraid of or what do you have to hide? It's really simple folks if you have nothing to hide than the patriot act doesn't affect you one iota, however if you are doing things you shouldn't be doing than I can see why the act scares the jeepers out of you.
Well would you be ok with the government knowing and using it against you that you post on a Hooker board?

You know that is shit is illegal right? Originally Posted by WTF
The patriot act doesn't do that sir it just protects us against the terrorist - trust me the act had prevented a lot of disasters.
  • shanm
  • 06-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I'll play the devils advocate.

Honestly, who the fuck cares if the government is spying on you? Why do you care if some nitwit in washington is aware of what you were texting? It's irrelevant. We've moved into an unprecedented age, where terrorist networks like Al-Qaeda and ISIS have their own fucking twitter accounts. Don't you think the government should be monitoring them and any one who might associate with them, so they might possibly save someones life? Rand Paul is just doing it for political points, he doesn't give a flying fuck.

With that being said, I would definitely like to see the results of this NSA program, and see just how many, if any, terrorist plots it has prevented.
Three terrorist attacks have already happened on US Soil that we know of:

The Hassan Fort Hood Attack
The Army Recruiting Center in Arkansas Attack
The Boston Marathon Attack

In all those attacks, all the signs of radicalization where known to the US govt. The Tsarneav brother got back into the country supposedly because of a typo.

The Underwear Bomber attempted attack happened on a US bound plane, we were warned by the boy's father.

And we need the Patriot Act so that the FBI can share information with the CIA? Ridiculous.

Didn't all these attacks happen during Obama's watch? Originally Posted by gnadfly
You forgot the one in the DFW area at the cartoon exhibit.

FBI knew about one of them, may be both.
Keep up the agenda but remember COG, GOd sees all and there's no where in your home where you can hide from God- you will be judge on your actions - if you think you can do whatever you want and say whatever you want you will have to answer to God he knows everything your about COG. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Oh just shut the fuck up, don't kill anyone today and your local walgreens pharmacy.
Rand Paul is just doing it for political points, he doesn't give a flying fuck. Originally Posted by shanm
Erroneous speculation.
  • shanm
  • 06-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Erroneous speculation. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Not really. He had all the time in the world to take a stand, but, surprise-surprise, it becomes an issue right when election time rolls around. As soon as speculation starts and candidates start declaring their candidacy...He could have taken a stand long before the expiration date.

He wants this to be a platform for his presidential bid, that's plain as day.
Oh just shut the fuck up, don't kill anyone today and your local walgreens pharmacy. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Sir that wasn't necessary - I don't know who you have this agenda against me - I should have the right to speak my mind without many of you personally attacking my character and integrity. Are you now admitting that George Bush made a drastic mistake with the patriot act? Do you not think that ISIS wants to attacks us by all means and that the moment we let down our guard is the moment we will be vulnerable ?
I'll play the devils advocate.

Honestly, who the fuck cares if the government is spying on you? Why do you care if some nitwit in washington is aware of what you were texting? It's irrelevant. We've moved into an unprecedented age, where terrorist networks like Al-Qaeda and ISIS have their own fucking twitter accounts. Don't you think the government should be monitoring them and any one who might associate with them, so they might possibly save someones life? Rand Paul is just doing it for political points, he doesn't give a flying fuck.

With that being said, I would definitely like to see the results of this NSA program, and see just how many, if any, terrorist plots it has prevented. Originally Posted by shanm
You are so correct this is nothing but political posturing by Paul and all you guys who are opposed to the patriot act would go bat shit crazy if your loved one was injured in a terrorist attack that could have been prevented by the government.
]COG with all due respect you and others make the drastic mistake in believing that when the constitution was written that it would apply to the world we live in today. Back in Washington and Jefferson's days there were no terrorist or people hell bent on killing Americans just for the sake of jihadist principles. I would like to fly from city to city with a peace in mind and knowing some jihadist doesn't have bomb materials in his shoes or underwear trying to kill me and innocent passengers and if it takes the government to eavesdrops on your phone call and mine than by God that's what needs to be done.
If you are doing nothing wrong and not having phone sex with a mistress, underage girl or you are not on your phone to purchase illegal substances than I ask you all again what are you afraid of or what do you have to hide? It's really simple folks if you have nothing to hide than the patriot act doesn't affect you one iota, however if you are doing things you shouldn't be doing than I can see why the act scares the jeepers out of you.[/SIZE] Originally Posted by wellendowed1911;1056787269[SIZE="1"
Tell that to General Arthur St. Clair, WE.
Erroneous speculation. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Not really. He had all the time in the world to take a stand, but, surprise-surprise, it becomes an issue right when election time rolls around.

He wants this to be a platform for his presidential bid, that's plain as day. Originally Posted by shanm
You keep being wrong.

http://web.archive.org/web/201011042...ivacy-liberty/

2010.... 5 years ago?

"The Founding Fathers warned of a Federal Government bent on usurping the power, rights, and privacy of its States and citizens. In the last nine years, the Federal Government has expanded the scope of its power at an alarming rate, while blatantly ignoring the Constitution.

"Whether it’s passing the 315 page Patriot Act without a single member of Congress ever reading the bill, proposing a National ID Card, establishing FISA courts and utilizing warrantless searches, or betraying the medical privacy of ordinary citizens, the Federal Government has overstepped its limited powers as stipulated in the Constitution.

"Rand Paul seeks to reassert the rights and privileges of the 50 states and over 300 million Americans. The Federal Government must return to its constitutionally enumerated powers and restore our inalienable rights. Rand proposes that America can successfully protect itself against potential terrorists without sacrificing civil liberties. Rand rejects the premise that the Federal Government must be given a blank check in the name of national security.

"America can prosper, preserve personal liberty, and repel national security threats without intruding into the personal lives of its citizens."

Like I said:

"Erroneous speculation."

More "good ole police work"???