Does it alter your perception of a provider...

Or you could see her as one heck of a business woman.
Originally Posted by ambernhouston
Thanks for a woman's POV on the subject, though you provide and do not procure. I always welcome intelligent, thought out responses that have a point. Business is only part of the scenario. There's a difference between adding to your menu just to get more $$ and actually knowing what the hell you're doing. Tim had it right all along.
Naw, I wouldn't give a shit...IF she follows my orders. Otherwise I'm outta there.

It's the Fag Hags and the ones who keep trannies in their closets I don't want any truck with. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Switching is definitely an art. In order to be a good leader, you must learn to follow. Trying to top from the bottom is so annoying. The possession/ exchange of power is established at the beginning of a session so we are on one accord. And I don't have any sissy bitches in my closet.
Sometimes girls can't switch very well had great looking girl once like that. She was on my mind for a long time (aspd days) finally saw her she next to kicked my ass had no idea she was a mistress type girl. Now if I was ready for it I might of been into it but most of the time I like to have control. She was hot though we did our best but not a great time for anyone. Also today I would like to try the mistress thing but I still want to get laid. For me I never know how to tell if the girl is just looking to whip some ass and not give up the ass.

At this time I'm not worried when I see mistress in the ad if I see normal reviews. Some dudes may be put off by it and think girl will be "manly" as she puts off strong image. Most guys like a girly girl image all the way less they may feel a bit intimidated. Originally Posted by trey
There is a distinction between a female who engages in the activities because the man enjoys it, and the female who engages in the activities because she enjoys watching men be miserable.

Having written that, personally I prefer the philosophy a very smart guy shared with me once ...

Seek pleasure, avoid pain. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Uh, no I'm a sensual domme. I try to avoid kicking ass, unless you are stubborn. Some subs will be like that TO get punished. There are other ways to assert power and domination other than in a painful or completely physical way. I would not by any means consider myself a sadist, though in that kind of session, what I say WILL GO.

Usually I will ask the person to either email, PM me, or link to a website describing what their fantasy/ interest is when it comes to a non vanilla session. I take those ideas and craft a session around it, perhaps adding one of my personal interests.. most time I wait for a return visit for that. BDSM is very diverse. Some want to be whipped and made to submit, some come willingly submissive and seek reward for serving. Communication, consensus on activities shared, and safety are the cornerstones of this kind of play.
Let's just say I wouldn't turn my back on you. :-).
Now would I get down and worship, oh yes. Originally Posted by oldsalt
I know you would.. body worship would have to be one of my favorite activities. I know it's yours too
I try to avoid kicking ass, unless you are stubborn. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
Me, too.

Seek pleasure. Avoid pain.
So in your opinion you think it is okay for a provider to have multiple personalities??? With the exception of Raven, Alex, and M***y that is... Originally Posted by ambernhouston
I didn't mean multiple personalities more like acting out a scene. If a provider did have multiple personalities how would the hobbyist know unless she went Dr. Jekyl Mr. Hide in his presence.
Business is only part of the scenario. There's a difference between adding to your menu just to get more $$ and actually knowing what the hell you're doing. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
I couldn't agree more. It seems a number of ladies only offer fetish play because there is normally an upcharge on it.
Exactly. I have experienced it as a lifestyle and choose not to now only because subs can tend to be a bit .....clingy. The wannabe dommes as we call them is a variable to be excluded.
I've spent time with a provider that also is a trained domme. Didn't know it until she confessed to me after many a tryst with her.

Personally, I thought it hot as hell as we clicked in a completely different setting meaning me in control and strongly so. Hot as hell to have someone who knows what it is like to be in control and submit to you.

Daph - those who know you should appreciate your multifaceted approach to your sexuality. Definitely.

Amber - Yeah, trained Dommes do quite well from what I understand. BUT, you gotta know what you are doing to keep your clients happy.
For me it makes VERY POSITIVE DIFFERENCE. i like many forms of Dominance & submission, although with professional engagements i cannot have any marks and prefers a little more on the sensual side. Therefore, an attractive, articulate Dominant Woman such as yourself will captivate me in a heartbeat. my main concern would be my tongue getting tired (which does not happen too often).
So back to my original question: Does knowing a provider's other sexual interests that may be considered outside of the realm of vanilla have a bearing on how you perceive they will be BCD? Originally Posted by luxury daphne
No...not at all. This would have been a good polling question!

An no comments about a pole either!!
Darth- I know how you feel about this subject

Daphne- It doesn't bother me in the least. As long as they are good at switching then I'm good. Turning into a Dom in the middle of a session would throw me a little.....off.....lol
well someone made the comment that my alterego scared them a little... so I decided to ask if that was an idea generally shared by hobbyists, at least the vanilla variety

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=128030
FWIW
To the original question. No, it doesn't bother me.

I think that everyone has multiple persona's that they selectively project as they feel is appropriate for the situation. Just bring the right one to the session.
It doesnt matter to me if they provide fetish service as long as we click and have a good session. I rarely actually notice if they do fetishes since I havent gotten into BDSM at all and usually just skip over that in an ad.

I think the good providers get to know what you like and build a session around it. I would never expect a provider to start doing BDSM in a session unless it was asked for just like a client should state that they want BDSM or a fetish before trying it in a session. Good communication can make a session so much better and I am always grateful if a provider tells me her likes and dislikes or asks me about mine, it shows they are trying to make the session the best it can be.