Hobby phone suggestions...

Check whether Cricket covers the areas you want to use the phone in. It's not as widespread as the big guys. May work for you, may not.

Consider getting a hobby phone with a SIM card. It has several security advantages for a hobby phone. AT&T and T-mobile and a few others use SIM cards. Cricket doesn't use a SIM card, so you lose some flexibility.
thanks all fhe for the input....... decisions, decisions lol
Check whether Cricket covers the areas you want to use the phone in. It's not as widespread as the big guys. May work for you, may not.

Consider getting a hobby phone with a SIM card. It has several security advantages for a hobby phone. AT&T and T-mobile and a few others use SIM cards. Cricket doesn't use a SIM card, so you lose some flexibility. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
That is true if you are a traveling person, then cricket is probably not for you. Its only best if your someone that stays local.
i still love tracfone. as low as 8.99 for the phone and as low as 10 online re-charge for minutes. They were the first (I think) prepaid phone plan. Walmart, Big lots, etc. they are cheap, easy, etc. Text msgs count as 0.3 minute
I agree with CrystalKitty on Tracfone. They have the longest time periods associated with the fewest minutes, which is good for a guy's hobby phone. Also, if you get one of the phones with the lifetime double minutes option, the calls get very cheap. Does texting and everything else you expect.

Rover14
Had a tracphone and will get another. no tracing. anonymous online activation and minute additions. Can get the cards at lots of places.

Onceler
...phone a friend...