What does the average American think of the hobbi, hobbyest, and providers???

This is a strange place to ask for the "average American's" opinion about commercial sex.

Do you thing that the average Americans are here?

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
Probably not, and neither are the wives/husbands, children, parents and close friends of the persons that are on here. Not sure I would want to know what they think - especially if they knew their loved ones were involved in the hobby. I'm sure their opinion might change if that were the case.
In America it is looked down on by the majority but in a lot of places in the world it is the norm. The profession is so much a part of American history that I cant understand why its not the norm here. Many of the first women that came to America where pros and they were needed and held in high regard until the wives got here. The same thing happened in the expanse of the west. Without girls going west all those men working on the railroads and cattle drives probably wouldn’t have gone. Florence Nightingale the founder of modern nursing was a prostitute and many others women that built this country were also.
So I think deep down most Americans think its ok but can never admit it. Also I think many women think they are better than others so if the condone it. Some how it would make them less also. Also some guys think they would be considered weak or not a man if they had to pay for it. So it all really boils down to pride
What's the "average American"? And who cares what they think? It's not like we're selling advertising here.
What's the "average American"? And who cares what they think? It's not like we're selling advertising here. Originally Posted by str8.2.bbbj
It's not about whether I care what they think in regards to changing my behavior, it is curiosity of understanding the world and people around me.

I am at peace with what I do, two consenting adults having a little fun, and harbor no issues with it. People's opinion won't change my beliefs at this point in my life but it does affect the environment in which I live (i.e. laws and society).
This is a strange place to ask for the "average American's" opinion about commercial sex. Originally Posted by Torito
I prefer sex that is commercial-free.
So it all really boils down to pride Originally Posted by mikecross
'I don’t pay hookers for sex…I pay them to leave.” – Charlie Sheen

"I never paid for a woman in my life." -- Robert De Niro.

Maybe it all comes down to which of these two guys has the more coolness or credibility.
Funny enough. We already know what the average American thinks. Have we already forgotten when ECCIE had its fifteen minutes of fame last year?
I was a hypocrite, since we are all being honest. When I joined this world, I assumed most ladies were damaged or pimped.

The very first lady I met, changed my mind completely. She was smart, driven, had goals. When her goals were met (paid off student loans, debt free, down payment on a home) she retired.

I think people miss the fact that it takes a smart, savy lady to be successful in this world. It also takes a driven motivated lady to make her time in this world benefit her long term or for life.

To be honest so much of the country has negative thoughts, feelings, towards our little world. Why add our own negativity to the mix.
They think we're all going to hell.