Mr. Musk random sweepstakes $ 1 million

It is not a sweepstakes as the one poster describes. The requirements to enter are quite different.
Musks offer, like it is r not, is 100% legal. What’s not, and a blatant violation of the civil rights act, is bribing black men with 20k and recreational botany. Kamala sure has a low opinion of black dudes, figures they’re all Snoop and stupid enough to not realize the “loan program” has no chance of holding up in court. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
... Too right it is!... Because one does NOT need to vote
to win the prize... Just sign the petition that YOU
believe in the Constitution.

#### Salty
... Too right it is!... Because one does NOT need to vote
to win the prize... Just sign the petition that YOU
believe in the Constitution.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Tres patriotique!

Need not be present to win!

I'm reminded by Musk of the movie "The Magic Christian."

Also Jack Nicholson's Joker. Money Money Money. Hubba Hubba Hubba.

This is just beyond stupid and altogether inappropriate during a national election.
Tres patriotique!

This is just beyond stupid and altogether inappropriate during a national election. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

is Musk's petition drive illegal? i think we've proved it's not.
Tres patriotique!

This is just beyond stupid and altogether inappropriate during a national election. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... What's inappropriate about it? ... And since a person
don't gotta vote to win the money - I'm not seeing how
or why the national election is the issue here.

### Salty
... What's inappropriate about it? ... And since a person
don't gotta vote to win the money - I'm not seeing how
or why the national election is the issue here.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Let's not be silly here, Salty.

Why is he doing this? Maybe the beginning of a "true believers registry?" If you don't participate, does that mean MAGAs will accuse you of NOT believing in the Constitution?

Fact is, it can't be a "sweepstakes" unless anyone can win. But it's not that. And again, why do YOU think Elon Muck is doing this?

Why is he doing this? Maybe the beginning of a "true believers registry?" If you don't participate, does that mean MAGAs will accuse you of NOT believing in the Constitution?

Fact is, it can't be a "sweepstakes" unless anyone can win. But it's not that. And again, why do YOU think Elon Muck is doing this? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... Why do I believe Mr. Musk is doing this? ... Three reasons.

... For Truth, Justice and the American Way! ...

#### Salty

Fact is, it can't be a "sweepstakes" unless anyone can win. But it's not that. And again, why do YOU think Elon Muck is doing this? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

same reason Zuckerberg did this

How Private Money From Facebook's CEO Saved The 2020 Election

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/94324...-2020-election
... Why do I believe Mr. Musk is doing this? ... Three reasons.

... For Truth, Justice and the American Way! ...

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Don't forget the 4th and 5th main reasons Musk all of a sudden champions Trump; the amount of money he will receive if Trump is elected when he does not have to worry about the government interfering with his businesses and the increase in money he will receive for government contracts. What he is spending/investing now if Trump is elected will result in quite the impressive ROI ratio.

Anyway, the questions about whether it is legal or not are valid, but I am sure there is some loophole in the law that says it is. It's not like a guy worth a quarter of a trillion bucks can't afford smart and capable lawyers who know exactly how to take advantage of that loophole. Haha
Don't forget the 4th and 5th main reasons Musk all of a sudden champions Trump; the amount of money he will receive if Trump is elected when he does not have to worry about the government interfering with his businesses and the increase in money he will receive for government contracts. What he is spending/investing now if Trump is elected will result in quite the impressive ROI ratio.

Anyway, the questions about whether it is legal or not are valid, but I am sure there is some loophole in the law that says it is. It's not like a guy worth a quarter of a trillion bucks can't afford smart and capable lawyers who know exactly how to take advantage of that loophole. Haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
He’s looking to place himself at the top of a commission that will regulate the regulatory agencies. A perfect opportunity to threaten or dismantle the agencies whose responsibilities include regulating and enforcing regulations on his businesses. The richest person in the world taking control of the United States executive and regulating agencies, doesn’t anyone think that this is a bad idea. I’m not looking to enable the first American Oligarch.
He’s looking to place himself at the top of a commission that will regulate the regulatory agencies. A perfect opportunity to threaten or dismantle the agencies whose responsibilities include regulating and enforcing regulations on his businesses. The richest person in the world taking control of the United States executive and regulating agencies, doesn’t anyone think that this is a bad idea. I’m not looking to enable the first American Oligarch. Originally Posted by txdot-guy

you act like this doesn't happen every election cycle.

it does. think about that.
So now we are at the "everybody does it" comments.
If you get paid to sign a petition, or a chance of getting paid, the signing may not reflect your real beliefs.
Think about that for a while.

A few comments from around the web:

It is illegalunder federal law to pay people to register to vote, and the Department of Justice's Election Crimes Manual
also lists "lottery chances" in exchange for voting or registering to vote as a form of bribery. Violations of the law are punishable by fines of up to $10,000 or imprisonment of up to five years.

Other election law experts also said that Musk is either barely toeing the line or has outright broken the law.

"It is illegal to give out money on the condition that recipients register as voters," Adav Noti, the executive director of the Campaign Legal Center, said in a statement to BI. "As the terms of this 'contest' to win $1 million require the recipient to be a registered voter in one of seven swing states (or to register if they have not already), the offer violates federal law and is subject to civil or criminal enforcement by the Department of Justice."

Rick Hasen, an election law professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, wrote on his blog that the giveaway constitutes "clearly illegal vote buying." Hasen told Business Insider that the lottery could set "a very bad precedent," so he hopes the DOJ "would consider doing something."
I never understood why it’s completely illegal to buy votes using your own money yet completely legal for Dems to buy votes using taxpayer money.
Well, what Musk is doing sure the fuck does not pass the smell test. I think that much is obvious. But I would assume if this stunt was clearly illegal, it would have already been stopped immediately.

I never understood why it’s completely illegal to buy votes using your own money yet completely legal for Dems to buy votes using taxpayer money. Originally Posted by finnmcool
Care to explain that with some sort of credible documentation? I need a good laugh. Haha
Don't worry.

He is covered under the "everybody does it" section.