i just found 5 providers on facebook without even trying.

Don't do FB in RL nor any of the iPhone crap You can be tracked via your car GPS, your phone GPS and even your fitbit. Everything is going to be linked and traceable/trackable...

Privacy no longer exist.... So drop off the grid or go the the baffle them with bullshit route
My dog has a facebook account, twitter and email, but it's all highly classified and my dog don't have no phone. I have no twitter or facebook. I guess I just have to live vicariously through my dog.lol
The following article will help clear it all up....

http://thebull.cbslocal.com/2014/08/...messenger-app/
My dog has a facebook account, twitter and email, but it's all highly classified and my dog don't have no phone. I have no twitter or facebook. I guess I just have to live vicariously through my dog.lol Originally Posted by ftango4

Do you lick yourself vicariously thru your dog, too? Several ladies, and several fucktards, mentioned they were interested in the answer...
Do you lick yourself vicariously thru your dog, too? Several ladies, and several fucktards, mentioned they were interested in the answer... Originally Posted by pyramider
That's classified info my firend. Why don't you go back to your Pyramids...in Egypt amigo.Take your entire Egyptian/pyramider fuctard gang with you. LOL
Now, now...calm down and friend each other on FB.
Facebook thinks we should just share all of our info with the world...your birthday, your friends and relatives, your cell phone number, where you work, your current GPS location and you should be tagged in as many pictures as possible with timelines.

I think Zuckerburg is still stalking an old girlfriend and he's hoping she will sign up so he can show her how rich he is and what she missed out on after he copied and stole someone else's idea.
I'll add my two cents to the "seperation of RW/hobby"...
VPN:
I don't consider myself falling into the hysterical/paranoid/they-are-watching-your-every-move camp but just like I have a hobby phone, I decided to sign up for a VPN service. ghost vpn (I forgot the full name) is a smidge annoying but it's dirt cheap (free if you can stand ads or ~$20/yr.) There are too many smart companies trying to track your every move on the internet. They are just trying to make money but I don't want their inadvertent data collection to out my favorite hobby. Among other useful things, a VPN obscures your IP address so that it is significantly less likely anything can be tied back to you.

Hushmail:
This is about the only free email provider I know of that requires NO link back to your RW info. Start here and you can use it to then go set up Google, facebook, etc...

Also, IMHO, you should be vary wary of Google's Chrome... Don't you kinda wonder why they give it away for free? They aren't a charity.

Point of clarity, I don't think the feds are going to bust down my door. These are just walls between my RW and hobby life.
PEOPLE. IMHO you are fools for being on social media. I am NOT on any social media yet I am regularly invited to join the "friends" or "business contacts" on Facebook, Linkedin, Google Chrome, etc. 90% of the time I have had NO direct contact with any of these ppl but the computer has linked them and me via several degrees of separation.

Linkedin recently asked sent me a request from a customer in London. The ONLY contact I have with him is emails. That must mean someone is culling my email address book for names!

I recently signed up with LabCorp to get on-line allergy tests. I filled in the usual stuff then hit Apply. Instantly I was asked to verify information that was NOT covered in the on-line application. LabCorp asked me:
1. if I still owned a 1983 Chevy
2. if I had lived at a previous address (20 years ago)
3. and one other question indicating they had accessed a ppl search data base

You ppl have NO IDEA how much this data is linked and how much is known about you.

Dont' take my word for it, watch the 60 Minutes report:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-data...l-information/
I'll add my two cents to the "seperation of RW/hobby"...
VPN:
I don't consider myself falling into the hysterical/paranoid/they-are-watching-your-every-move camp but just like I have a hobby phone, I decided to sign up for a VPN service. ghost vpn (I forgot the full name) is a smidge annoying but it's dirt cheap (free if you can stand ads or ~$20/yr.) There are too many smart companies trying to track your every move on the internet. They are just trying to make money but I don't want their inadvertent data collection to out my favorite hobby. Among other useful things, a VPN obscures your IP address so that it is significantly less likely anything can be tied back to you.

Hushmail:
This is about the only free email provider I know of that requires NO link back to your RW info. Start here and you can use it to then go set up Google, facebook, etc...

Also, IMHO, you should be vary wary of Google's Chrome... Don't you kinda wonder why they give it away for free? They aren't a charity.

Point of clarity, I don't think the feds are going to bust down my door. These are just walls between my RW and hobby life. Originally Posted by Luv4Fun
I think you are 1000% correct.
  • modus
  • 08-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Google is already in the alpha stage of their facial recognition. Keeping your privacy is going to be harder and harder not very far in the future.
  • BLM69
  • 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Social media is no good in the hobby world
So I wasn't sure if this should be in the alert thread or what, because this could be a potential securtiy issue for providers...
I just had to upgrade my Facebook app on my phone and had to accept the new terms of use. I agreed, and now I have a huge list of people in my suggested friends. I immediately noticed two providers that I know well in my suggested friends. So I dug a little further and kept scrolling through the suggestions. And found 5 providers that I know in have had contact with, and several other girls that in think are providers that I haven't met yet, but may have texted or called once before.

So my point is, that I was able to find a provider and see all of her photos, places she has been, real name, real world place of employment and all the other personal info that you have on Facebook.

I'm sure this is old news to some people, but this seems to be hapoenign because of changes to fb policy pretty recently. They seem to be cross referencing your ip address or phone calls and making suggestions for friends based on who you make contact with.

So as a provider, if it were me, I'd want to know that. So set your profiles to private, so some freak that has been stalking you online can't see all your personal stuff! Originally Posted by Alex_hughes
Imagine if you tried... Or imagine what they got on you without trying... Or imagine what they got while trying....

Be careful about your digital footprint. It is way more permanent than you could possibly imagine.
Google is already in the alpha stage of their facial recognition. Keeping your privacy is going to be harder and harder not very far in the future. Originally Posted by modus

If they develop dangling death recognition I am fucked.