Popre Francis - islam is not terrorism

not in any large numbers to be a major factor. I think they were more of a "token" army.

the islam that was practiced during WWII was a moderate form as many were still subjects of the british empire. so they couldn't really cut loose like they have today. They did have violent clashes with jews in palestine in the 1920's & 1930's and wahabism wasn't that well known then. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

No. Jihad was encouraged and used as a tool by the Germans to rally the Arabs to their cause against the British and French during WWI.

Plus, the Nazis raised about four divisions of Muslim soldiers in the Waffen SS -- more than 70,000 -- during WWII. That's more than a token force. However, hundreds of thousands more fought along side the Allies.

No. Jihad was encouraged and used as a tool by the Germans to rally the Arabs to their cause against the British and French during WWI.

Plus, the Nazis raised about four divisions of Muslim soldiers in the Waffen SS -- more than 70,000 -- during WWII. That's more than a token force. However, hundreds of thousands more fought along side the Allies.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
looks like we cross posted each other. my comments were updated with additions.

ok, i'm going by memory on the sources I read, the one I read was apparently a small part of that group. that group was sent to the Russian front.

didn't know Germany raised that many as the reference source never mentioned the size of this group.

my memory maybe faulty on somethings, lol, I'll own up to it, that's more than someone who won't admit they're wrong.
I B I will give you your just due you submitted information that I was unaware of and I am going to be the bigger person and say you are correct.
  • jma9
  • 08-11-2016, 05:17 AM
The pope is correct Islam main problem is they have shit heads who hijacked their religion and has probably forever smeared its reputation just like there's right wing extremist tearing the GOP apart. I think all religions have their nutjobs which is why I was raised Catholic married a Lutheran and now I am a proud agnostic.

Islam has been on earth some 1400 years and really hasn't been a problem to the United States until late 70s. Islam played no role in world war 1 or 2 or Vietnam war. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
You know nothing about Islam...(or the GOP).

...nobody has hijacked "their" religion...if anything Muhammad hijacked Jahiliyya.
  • DSK
  • 08-11-2016, 08:43 AM
I B I will give you your just due you submitted information that I was unaware of and I am going to be the bigger person and say you are correct. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
I applaud your post.
I B I will give you your just due you submitted information that I was unaware of and I am going to be the bigger person and say you are correct. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
Also Gallipoli in WW-1, where the Ottomans handed the British a devastating defeat.
  • DSK
  • 08-11-2016, 03:28 PM
The pope is correct Islam main problem is they have shit heads who hijacked their religion and has probably forever smeared its reputation just like there's right wing extremist tearing the GOP apart. I think all religions have their nutjobs which is why I was raised Catholic married a Lutheran and now I am a proud agnostic.

Islam has been on earth some 1400 years and really hasn't been a problem to the United States until late 70s. Islam played no role in world war 1 or 2 or Vietnam war. Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
All religions have their nut jobs, but Islam has a significant portion of their religious leaders who openly advocate killing infidels. Name any significant Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu or other religious entities that have a significant portion of their leaders advocatin' killing non believers.
  • jma9
  • 08-11-2016, 05:39 PM
All religions have their nut jobs, but Islam has a significant portion of their religious leaders who openly advocate killing infidels. Name any significant Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu or other religious entities that have a significant portion of their leaders advocatin' killing non believers. Originally Posted by DSK
They all advocate killing infidels, as taught in the Quran.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Muslims are taught as young children to not trust or make friends with non-believers.

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward "

This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..."

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Quran (66:9) - "O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end."

Religion that teaches peace and love?
Islam has always been violent. It only became terrorism when we started fucking in their internal affairs trying to get their oil at bargain prices. They were happy killing each other for centuries. Then we had to step in, take some of their land away and give it to Zionists (not Jews, necessarily), and go after their oil. If we'd leave them alone, they'd go back to killing each other.
Thank you for posting these passages (from the Quran), jma9. Thought-provoking, to say the least......

It's just a hunch (but) I'd be willing to bet the farm 98+% of the US populous has never read / studied the Quran. I would imagine people would be chilled to the very bone if they knew what was contained within this book.

I'm just as guilty.....and probably should get a copy and read it thoroughly. I knew it had teachings of hatred (but) didn't realize how evil these edicts / teachings were.......shame on me for living under a rock.

I have to ask though....just reading the ones you posted....how has a religion (that teaches hatred, violence and the total destruction of others) endured the centuries? I would think a generation would eventually come along and reject a language such as this, ie: common sense and sane thinking would prevail. I suppose these people have lived in some kind of a vacuum, with no clue how others live and co-exist in the world.

Its naive (on my part) to think that way, I suppose. Two billion (and growing) in numbers....it's not a religion that's going away, to be certain. And all it takes is .01% of that group to create real problems for others.
Thank you for posting these passages (from the Quran), jma9. Thought-provoking, to say the least......

It's just a hunch (but) I'd be willing to bet the farm 98+% of the US populous has never read / studied the Quran. I would imagine people would be chilled to the very bone if they knew what was contained within this book.

I'm just as guilty.....and probably should get a copy and read it thoroughly. I knew it had teachings of hatred (but) didn't realize how evil these edicts / teachings were.......shame on me for living under a rock.

I have to ask though....just reading the ones you posted....how has a religion (that teaches hatred, violence and the total destruction of others) endured the centuries? I would think a generation would eventually come along and reject a language such as this, ie: common sense and sane thinking would prevail. I suppose these people have lived in some kind of a vacuum, with no clue how others live and co-exist in the world.

Its naive (on my part) to think that way, I suppose. Two billion (and growing) in numbers....it's not a religion that's going away, to be certain. And all it takes is .01% of that group to create real problems for others. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Meh. All the Abrahamic religions have a basis in violent texts. The Bible and Torah both are pretty violent as well with God ordering / carrying out Genocide, etc. as well.

To say that groups like ISIS represent all of Islam is like saying that the KKK represents all of Christianity.
It's easy to say when you have bodyguards 24/7 armed to the teeth protecting you.

If you are getting your throat slit, raped, blown up, shot, thrown off buildings, or run over, not so much.
Meh. All the Abrahamic religions have a basis in violent texts. The Bible and Torah both are pretty violent as well with God ordering / carrying out Genocide, etc. as well.

To say that groups like ISIS represent all of Islam is like saying that the KKK represents all of Christianity. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
the bible & torah, the passages of violence only occurred at that time & place. Its past tense. it was not a command to commit acts of violence on a daily basis. the koran on the other hand do have commands to find & hunt down unbelievers on a present & future tense.

this is where the difference between the three books come in.

I'm just as guilty.....and probably should get a copy and read it thoroughly. I knew it had teachings of hatred (but) didn't realize how evil these edicts / teachings were.......shame on me for living under a rock. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
the last chapter is the worst in Mohammeds book as spoken before he died. from what I understand, this chapter is the one where it give license to ISIS & other mussel men willing to die for allah by committing acts of violence.

Its naive (on my part) to think that way, I suppose. Two billion (and growing) in numbers....it's not a religion that's going away, to be certain. And all it takes is .01% of that group to create real problems for others.
Islma in someways a very complicated thing as it apparently interweaves with tribalism which is very strong in the muslim north africa, mideast and to a lesser extent south-west asia.

the violence come in as fits & starts before it blows up and the process starts over again when it quiets down.

Being under colonial rule was probably a major factor, as the violence was limited & suppressed by divide & conquer game played by the british empire & French republic.

Islam as practiced in whatever form in many of the muslim countries are subject to the whims of the whoever was the leader of said muslim country.

Prior to the 20th Century, many of these areas had caliphs, a leader who ruled the caliphate

It depends on who is the successor caliphs on how people get treated.

You might have a muslim leader who's friendly to jews & christians, he would protect them as long as they paid the Jizyia (a religious tax). these would be like Assad, Saddam, Mubarak for example of a modern day version.

on the other hand you may have a muslim leader who is not friendly with them and will seek to subjugate them by violence. this would be like the kindom of Saudi Arabia & Sudan for example.

I'm just as guilty.....and probably should get a copy and read it thoroughly. I knew it had teachings of hatred (but) didn't realize how evil these edicts / teachings were.......shame on me for living under a rock. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
the last chapter is the worst in Mohammeds book as spoken before he died. from what I understand, this chapter is the one where it give license to ISIS & other mussel men willing to die for allah by committing acts of violence.

Islam in someways a very complicated thing as it apparently interweaves with tribalism which is very strong in the muslim north africa, mideast and to a lesser extent south-west asia.

the violence come in as fits & starts before it blows up and the process starts over again when it quiets down.

Being under colonial rule was probably a major factor, as the violence was limited & suppressed by divide & conquer game played by the british empire & French republic.

Islam as practiced in whatever form in many of the muslim countries are subject to the whims of the whoever was the leader of said muslim country.

Prior to the 20th Century, many of these areas had caliphs, a leader who ruled the caliphate

It depends on who is the successor caliphs on how people get treated.

You might have a muslim leader who's friendly to jews & christians, he would protect them as long as they paid the Jizyia (a religious tax). these would be like Assad, Saddam, Mubarak for example of a modern day version.

on the other hand you may have a muslim leader who is not friendly with them and will seek to subjugate them by violence. this would be like the kingdom of Saudi Arabia & Sudan for example.