How Important Is Intellect?

I don't want them too smart of they'd never see me...
I just want them to be on time and act like they give a damn about me, if only for an hour. I can adjust my conversation to any subject or "level" so that's not a problem. I don't know how many ladies post over the phone (pain in the ass).
I just want them to be on time... Originally Posted by simplyme
I'm pretty punctual myself, so I know what you mean.
I like a brain. The main reason is that it lets me know that the lady is in the hobby because she wants to be. I don't want to be with someone who feels like she has to be in the hobby, or has a pimp or SO who is forcing her into it or who is doing this to support a habit or something. I don't want to reinforce someone's low opinion of herself. A smart woman is more likely to be in it for fun, and money of course, and has a positive view of herself. There are exceptions of course. Besides, I like to chat. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Good Thoughts.

A further thought: if someone pretends to be stupid, it get me nervous. (Please notice the key word - PRETENDS.) Why would they not tell the truth about themselves? I would not let my daughters play that game of putting themselves down just to get a guy's attention. That shows a lack of respect for themselves. Thus, we observe a mental problem not an intelligence problem.

Some of the nicest girls I have met in the hobby have become close friends, they fit in the normal IQ range with 50% of the population. Only about 2% to 5% of the population with the lowest IQ have difficulty relating to the rest of us; and they can have the love and respect of family and friends.

It is not intelligence, or the lack of it that makes a person liked. I like anyone who is working at their level of ability.

We all know the bull shit factor, and can smell it over the internet. I just avoid anyone who can't be honest. Just share something about ourselves, that is OK.

JR
I'm pretty punctual myself, so I know what you mean. Originally Posted by Allie_Kat

I have heard you are. I need to fine that out for myself.
I like a brain. The main reason is that it lets me know that the lady is in the hobby because she wants to be. I don't want to be with someone who feels like she has to be in the hobby, or has a pimp or SO who is forcing her into it or who is doing this to support a habit or something. I don't want to reinforce someone's low opinion of herself. A smart woman is more likely to be in it for fun, and money of course, and has a positive view of herself. There are exceptions of course. Besides, I like to chat. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Thanks for the thread, Allie, and thanks for your two cents, COG. You expressed my thoughts perfectly, but more succinctly than I could have. I too wouldn't want to reinforce someone's low opinion of herself & therefore be part of the problem. I can't change or deny the sad stats of how many providers have experienced abuse earlier in their lives. But I NEED to believe that the woman in front of me is there of her own volition, period, and if she seems unable to express herself in a way that reveals any trace of self-awareness, I just don't even want to be there anymore.

But in case I've driven off the asphalt on this thread, I'll say that there's a big difference to me between a text/IM that's been hurriedly typed (obviously because she is so excited to see ME, she can spare only one hand for typing & is too distracted to do it correctly), and an ad that a person has paid money for, & may be her sole shout-out to the community about her services, that she hasn't bothered to proofread or use spellcheck on before pressing "send."

Intellect is sexy. Street-smarts are sexy. Saying "It good wether to cuttle up" in your bp ad ain't sexy. What are some other classics? "Don't waist your time with the rest" (if she's a BBW, that would be kinda clever, if intentional).

"If YOUR looking for a good time" doesn't bother me so much.

"I am free sprited" ... slightly more annoying ...

"Perfection at it's finest!" only bugs me because you'd think PERFECTION should include knowing when to use an apostrophe. Oh well...

Allie, have we answered your question? We don't just look at the pics. We just look at the pics first!
I was perusing BP ads and was a little horrified after reading some of the words that providers were misspelling. I didn't want to offend any girls who posted on BP, everyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I avoid controversy like the plague, but with the number of growing rip off artists on that site, I think some of them could use a little direction. Also I figured I hadn't posted anything in awhile, I was out of topics and this one sprang to my mind. I post on BP myself once in awhile, I always try to proofread before putting the ad out into the public eye.
I was honestly curious to know if it affected providers chances at getting more business or not. This thread answered that question.
Thank all of you who replied. I've found this to be the most helpful forum with the sweetest gentlemen. I appreciate you all.
Every time I venture out onto other forums, I'm reminded of this.
There is one girl posting that she is "Volumptuious".
Oh my. Is that a mish mash of Voluptuous and Scrumptious? LOL.
When it comes to women I see on a social basis, intelligence is very important. However, when it comes to hobbying, not so much. If a lady displays a level of intelligence during our meeting, it's a definitely a plus and a consideration to see her again.
Intelligence is one of a number of characteristics I evaluate. Character is a bit higher on the list, but if I ever settle into a regular provider it'll be with a woman who is in possession of above average intelligence.
Thank you for all the responses. I love hearing everyone's point of view. I know I certainly learn something new every time I browse the threads.
Intelligence is important. Mainly because I don't like jail. Dumb people make dumb mistakes, and then we all get swept up in the net.
How else does intelligence matter? I want a provider who is smart enough to be able to converse, to be witty, to be funny. Smart enough to be sexy. Smart enough to not keep my name address, donation amount and dates in her little black book or smart phone.
Smart enough to know who John le Carre is even if they've never read him. And smart enough to not tell me my cock is huge when I know it isn't.

Sexiness is a state of mind. So she should have one.
Yes, I look at what a woman has written and if her grammar is poor, it is a turn off. Also, if she has posted a picture and it seems attractive, I find experience the poor grammar as incongruous. In other words, I anticipate that a pretty woman also is reasonably intelligent....doesn't make a lot of sense but.....
John le Carre Originally Posted by Bartman1963
Who is he?

lol ...kidding

He is an author of spy novels & that isn't his REAL name. Is he even still alive?