Board Participation

I choose not to participate, except for the taint.
  • L.A.
  • 10-29-2012, 07:36 AM
I think the vast majority either don't mind you actively participating or they actually encourage it. There will be 1 or 2 (who are usually the loudest) that will try to tell you what you should or should not be doing.
As for participation, looking at stats can be deceiving. On the "other board" I had over 100 reviews and about 1000 posts. I have chosen to not be so active on here anymore and typically only do enough reviews to keep my access current. I imagine most providers don't even know I exist

Very true for me too girl...
...and, believe me, these other girls dont have provider friends either as one girl is always going to be covetous of the other girl...its inevitable & happens all the time...Cant tell u how many stripper acquaintenances ive punched in the head lol and they werent even my friends! so i figure why bother Originally Posted by Gemma34
lol Gemma u a trip, it is hard to find a friend out here you can trust.

thanks for the positive responses everyone.
enough of the taint, I think its time to retire the taint
enough of the taint, I think its time to retire the taint Originally Posted by midgetwrestler
Uh-oh...a "taint-hater"!
I love seeing Pyramider post......... He just straight to the point of just wanting some taint........ The eyes and smile in the little face makes you just want to pick it up and push it into your boobs......... and then into your kitty..........
  • 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM
enough of the taint, I think its time to retire the taint Originally Posted by midgetwrestler
Don't retire the taint!

We are here for the taint!!!!!

Keep going Pyramider!
HI guys,

I wanted to discuss board participation by providers and hobbyist, and get some opinions and views on the perception of lots of posts or lack of posts by either party. But probably more along the lines of how guys feel about providers being very active on the board. I have heard that some hobbyist feel providers should be seen and not heard.

===>pmd: a defensible feeling to have. as well as the opposite that they should be seen and heard so there might be something upon which to base an opinion about the woman.

I personally love posting and commenting on this board. This can be a lonely business, atleast it is for me. I dont have any provider friends, and no one to talk to about things that go on in the hobby for the most part... unless i chat it up online.

===>pmd: i post to share memories, share experiences, and share a laugh or too.
but, to me, that is completely different than having someone to talk w/ about this sub-culture.
in my opinion, that should be carried on via private messages or email or on the phone. or in the women's only forums.
unless of course you want to get anyone's thoughts, opinions, comments on this sub-culture. just be prepared for all kinds of posts, good, bad and taint!! :^)

in my opinion, if one devotes an excessive amount of their life to something [work, fun, kids, cars, money, sex, anime, starbucks coffee], then i think it would help them to broaden their interests and acquaintances so they dont get obsessed or bored when there is "nothing else to do".
there is MORE to life than this sub-culture!!
[an aside - how many of you have recently gone to an art exhibit, a play, a concert of any sort, the arboretum for the chihuly exhibit, a festival, etc.??
or helped out at a non-profit or charitable organization to give back to others??]

I as you all can see next to my avi, i joined in may, but really didnt start using this site till july. ..., I have already been called out on the board for being so active. Which i really feel is unfair, this is the only place i really have to talk to people about the hobby ...

===>pmd: imho, one shouldnt be judged by the number of posts they have here, but on the CONTENT of their posts.
if they're funny, coherent, sharp, or even enlightening, whether about the hobby or not, that's fine w/ me.
but when i see a thread or posts where one member gets on another member's case, i usually just move on to the next thread.

so, if someone calls you out for being so active, re-read their context and reasons and figure out if there's something you can learn from their calling you out. but if they're calling you out in a less than respectful manner, just IGNORE them!!

and as i said before, if you want to talk w/ people about the hobby, i suggest you do it via back or private channels.

i am weary of a guy who has been a member for 2 years and only has 10 posts and no reviews... i feel how could you not particiapte hardly at all for 2 years!? i can understand it maybe more for providers to have nothing but AD posts. I would think a hobbyiest would be alittle more compelled to post and comment. I know some providers do not post because they are too busy or not allowed by pimps, or dont want to say the wrong thing and have every bash them and it "ruin" thier reputation, right i get that.

===> pmd: there are a gazillion reasons why a member posts or doesnt posts. just think about the possibilites why they might not.

in my mind,
* it's not the number or frequency of posts. it's the content of the person's posts.
* no member has to post here or post a minimum per day/week/month.
* any member should feel ok if they dont post much or post a lot.
* any member should NOT be dinged or questioned if they dont post much.

we should encourage thoughtful, fun, respectul, sharing posts.
but no one is required to post.

I feel confident enough in my intelligence to defend myself so i dont have that worry.
===> pmd: what one says, not how often they speak, helps form my opinion of them.
and i realize that the opinion i form IS NOT that person. it's just a very small glimmer of who they really are.
Originally Posted by Mya Michelle
so, post as much or as little as you like. [you = the generic member as well as Mya]
just know that some will like what you post, some will say "meh", and some will give you shit no matter what.
and some will ask for photos of your taint. :^)

but, if 10 people say you're posting shit,
you might want to look at what you post, think about what and how you post, and possible change what and how you post.
Mya:

Speaking for myself - and I am unanimous in this - it seems to me that the board has become a source of drama over the past year or so. I choose not to participate unless a thread piques my interest. You have.

Many posts from a provider - or very few - is of little concern to me. I refer here to those posts other than her ads. What matters is the content and use of the American language (some say English language but I am a little xenophobic). Does she have something to say? Or is she simply whining and complaining? If the former, then the topic can be whimsical or serious; I am interested if she presents herself well and has something interesting to say. If the later, then no one cares anyway and I go on to the next thread (I get to a lot of threads in a short period of time!) In presenting herself do the subject and verb agree, does she know the difference between "there" and "their" or "two", "to", and "too"? If not, I go to the next one before my head explodes! However, if I already know her, and like and enjoy her company, I can overlook these shortcomings; but for an initial impression ... my desire to meet her is lowered.

As for the guys - these same rules apply. Some of you should unplug your keyboards and think before you type. It is better to remain silent and have us think nothing of you, than to post and prove you are an idiot!!

I have only 2 reviews posted on the board. Since the famous crash of the previous board in which I lost quite a few I have simply stopped reviewing unless the lady in question requests one. I find that a good re-telling of the encounter usually takes longer than the encounter and I have such little time to devote to the assignation – let alone its reprise in writing.

Mya, as for those who attack and critique and seem to go out of their way to be mean and nasty, remember something the Colonel told me when I was a very young Captain, "Remember, Captain, any son-of-a-bitch can be a critic".

Mya, as for those who attack and critique and seem to go out of their way to be mean and nasty, remember something the Colonel told me when I was a very young Captain, "Remember, Captain, any son-of-a-bitch can be a critic". Originally Posted by Pistol Man
+100
pyramider is right we can't provide fair and open feedback without seeing mya's taint posting
  • shlub
  • 10-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Personally, I find providers' posts to be of much more value than reviews as they help me get glimpse of their personality, intelligence, confidence, volume, discretion, sense of humor, etc.. The content, context, delivery, volume and audience of a provider's postings all help create or detract from the compatibility (or perceived compatibility) that I may or may not have with a provider.
Post away and have fun. :-)

Bite your little tongue ... Long Live the Taint!
Interesting posts are always fun, but posts like - "who's the best at..." and such get old. Originally Posted by DallasDoc
That is why I disappeared from the board! Too much of the same old talk about the same people..... And not much has changed either.

Lately, I've just been reading and I'll chime in from time to time... It's nice to be able to chat with people, male and female and that's what keeps me coming back.