WASN'T THE SHUT DOWN SUPPOSE TO HURT GOP BRAND ??????

GOP had the lowest approval rating, however they were voted in. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yes. Does that give you any "pause" to think? No.

Kerry bypassed Ohio to go on to Boston for his "Victory Party" ...

.. based on the "exit polls" in Ohio, which his "bean counters" said he won.

What you, and yours, haven't gotten yet is the "in your face" accusation of people voting against Obama because he is Black does not change minds it only changes dialogue and responses to pollsters. Apparently, you have never told someone "yea your right" just to dismiss them and then gone off and done whatever the fuck you want to do .... like vote against a Black President's sorry-ass, worthless policies that are destroying the greatness of this country EVEN THOUGH HE IS BLACK....NOT because he is Black.

I am looking forward to the day that everyone votes for a candidate because of the qualifications of the candidate and not because of the color of their skin or whether or not they have a pussy.
  • WTF
  • 11-07-2014, 06:30 AM

But the shut down didn't hurt the GOP in the election.....the brand is stronger than it has been in a decade !

. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Are you out of your fucking mind?An astounding 72 percent of Americans say they are unhappy with Republicans in Congress, according to a recent poll. People like you are going to try and do exactly wtf the Dems did after 2008. That will be a huge mistake. If Congress does not start doing things with bi partisan support then 2016 will not be kind to the GOP as the number of seats up then is reversed

Go back and look at the polls a year ago when it happened. It was clearly hurting the GOP at the time. It didn't hurt them permanently because voters have short memories.
. Originally Posted by lustylad
Whirly seems to be wanting another government shutdown!
Thinks it is good for the GOP!
Yes. Does that give you any "pause" to think? No.

Kerry bypassed Ohio to go on to Boston for his "Victory Party" ...

.. based on the "exit polls" in Ohio, which his "bean counters" said he won.

What you, and yours, haven't gotten yet is the "in your face" accusation of people voting against Obama because he is Black does not change minds it only changes dialogue and responses to pollsters. Apparently, you have never told someone "yea your right" just to dismiss them and then gone off and done whatever the fuck you want to do .... like vote against a Black President's sorry-ass, worthless policies that are destroying the greatness of this country EVEN THOUGH HE IS BLACK....NOT because he is Black.

I am looking forward to the day that everyone votes for a candidate because of the qualifications of the candidate and not because of the color of their skin or whether or not they have a pussy. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Me and mine? you are a delusional idiot how many of "mine' do you think are here on the board? It was apparent you didn't think .
Republican shutdown pain may boost Dems in 2014
"....And now, non-partisan political handicappers say the likelihood of Democrats winning the House and maintaining control in the Senate in 2014 has increased.

"Republicans have ratcheted up their risk," said Stuart Rothenberg, editor of The Rothenberg Political Report. "There is now a plausible case for the midterms being a plus for the Democrats, where I would never said that six months ago."

CNN.com on Oct-2013

HAHAHAHAHA........HAHAHAH

• WTF
  • 11-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Republican shutdown pain may boost Dems in 2014
"....And now, non-partisan political handicappers say the likelihood of Democrats winning the House and maintaining control in the Senate in 2014 has increased.

"Republicans have ratcheted up their risk," said Stuart Rothenberg, editor of The Rothenberg Political Report. "There is now a plausible case for the midterms being a plus for the Democrats, where I would never said that six months ago."

CNN.com on Oct-2013

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
There was a reason why there was no government shutdown this year....that you think it would have been a good idea is not something I would post about. Not even your brethren believe that

America has a short memory.

Besides, I can't rmember a single campaign that talked about the shutdown. and I can't rmember a single congressional campaign that didn't talk about Obama.

GOP candidates ran good campaigns for the most part. Democrat campaigns were shitty at best.

That doesn't make you a visionary, Shir-LIE-turd! Not even close.

But do enjoy your moment of haahaaa. it'll be back to the ax grinder for you with your next exaggeration or lie.

I know that's what MLK would say...
There was a reason why there was no government shutdown this year....that you think it would have been a good idea is not something I would post about. Not even your brethren believe that

. Originally Posted by WTF
I fully support shutting down the government.
Then keep sending those pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters to the Tea Party, Whiny. The Koch Brothers need your metal,
Besides, I can't rmember a single campaign that talked about the shutdown.... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Let me help your selective memory out......with two of many examples:

"Landrieu swiped at Cassidy for his own voting record, slamming him for voting against the Violence Against Women Act, against hurricane relief and for the government shutdown.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...10/debate.html

and this one :

"...Braley fired back at Ernst, saying she backed last year's government shutdown, and that it hurt health agencies."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...n-final-debate
Great. Thanks for doing the research. Glad you were about to find "two of many examples." (Can't help but spinning that even, can you, Shirley?). there were none on the air here in the ATX.

Again, the fact that it had no effect on the outcome is more a testament to the short memory of voters than to the audacity of the Shutdown.

But you deserve your day in the sun, Shirley. Come up out of that bunker and get some vitamin A!
  • WTF
  • 11-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I fully support shutting down the government. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
For how long? Do you want to at least bring to troops home before firing them and shutting down ? Just Federal or State and local too?

Well, the voters in Colorado, Louisiana, Iowa, and other states were reminded about the shutdown multiple times by the Democrats. It is clear that "short term memory loss" has nothing to do with it. Most voters in the election remembered the shutdown, they just didn't give a fuck about it. Stopping the destruction of America by progressives trumped the shutdown.
I do too...Sadly, we didn't have a real government shutdown last year. Obama engineered the shutdown of only parts of the government that would cause the most harm and get publicity - notably, parks and monuments. Maybe that is why the electorate ignored the shutdown in this election. They knew it was a strategy by Obama to punish Americans in a way that played into Democrats favor.

I fully support shutting down the government. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
.... there were none on the air here in the ATX.

... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
And why is it that neither Alamee or Davis used the shutdown against their GOP opponents?

Because voters in Texas (like other states) could give a shit ! It has nothing to do with shot term memory loss, and everything to do with getting rid of liberal politicians destroying America with their progressive Obama agenda.