First Concert

Black Oak Arkansas, Tower of Power, Bo Didley, and Creedence Clearwater Revival, all for $5.50, Chicago International Amphitheater,......gosh I'm old!!!!!!
Tripping Daisy in 1993, somewhere in Deep Ellum. It was around my 16th b-day, my folks had given me a car. I broke curfew and decided that since I was in trouble anyway, to just stay gone for a few days and enjoy the rest of what I thought was going to be my very short life.

Now that I think about it, my teenage years were not much fun after that little stunt......
Julian Lennon. Dallas Convention Center. Circa 1985
  • TBONE
  • 08-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Beetles-Shea Stadium-1965. Like Bubba never heard a thing but girls screaming!

Almost made it to Woodstock in 1969(interstate was closed due to abandoned cars). If I knew how historic it'd become I would have tried harder..(still have my ticket)

T
13 ~ Bon Jovi @ Starplex in Dallas

15 ~ Aerosmith @ Starplex in Dallas

16 ~ sneaking into hole in the wall clubs in Arlington to see Tripping Daisy and Smashing Pumkins
Edgar Winters @UT Arlington 1974....the white haired albino brother Johnny Winters playing Frankenstein!

Best Concerts for me:
ZZ Top Fandango (Dallas Convention Center)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer Brain Salad Tour (Dallas Convention Center)
Little River Band Cool Change (Austin in a small auditorium - 5000 seats)
Subset: Best Concert

1982/1983 on Kauai at a high school auditorium right after David Crosby got out of prison (Texas) -- all acoustic hosted by Graham Nash (Hanalei resident) to support local political candidate. Best tune was Crosby playing "Treetop Flyer" . . . maybe 300 people.

Flyer
Journey, Reunion Arena - 11/7/1981

Best show would probably be Eagles, AA Center 2003. Would have been Pink Floyd 1994, but Texas Stadium was just too damn big. Would have also considered Guns `n Roses if Axel Rose didn't have a hissy fit and storm off stage for half an hour.
INXS, 1987. Starwood Amphitheatre in Nashville. Tracy Chapman opened.
The Beatles (edited)
Sept 16th, 1964. New Orleans
Don't think I hear more than 2 or 3 words they sang the whole concert. Man, teenage girls can scream and scream and scream Originally Posted by Bubba3452
+1, but in Dallas at the old Dallas Civic Center. I was in the 8th grade and my ticket cost $7.50 ($2.50 per word...lol!). The girls were fainting left and right, screaming like crazy, and wetting themselves. I have never seen anything like it since. Damn, there was a lot of stuff pent-up after the repression of the '50's waiting to cut loose......
1974 First Concert Chicago and The Beach Boys headlined a series in Northern Ohio at the old Municipal Stadium (also the site of the infamous Indians- Rangers baseball game that featured the promotion 5 cent beer nite The game was forfeited in the second inning lol) Anyway the promoters called these events The World Series of Rock. and over the years some heavy hitters came together and there were usually 6 or 7 groups and it would last all day

Other memorable ones

!975 Led Zeppelin in the middle of winter in a raging snowstorm

Eric Clapton, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller

David Bowie, Yes Genesis (early and late)

But 1980 The Wall by Floyd was the highlight, seeing that stage and all that went with it.
and going to NYC for a few days just a huge adventure
First show was The Doobie Bros. back in 1975 or so. Actually, a lot of firsts that night.

Others were a very good Supertramp (no kidding--a very solid show), Queen (loudest show ever), a tie by Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Ray Vaughn (best performance by a guitarist) and Stevie Ray again (worst performance by a guitarist, seeing as how cocaine really doesn't help your guitar playing).

Best show of all was at the Gypsy Tea Room here in Dallas by someone most of you have never heard of, but really opened my eyes to a kind of music I had ignored before. Live music can do that.
First show was The Doobie Bros. back in 1975 or so. Actually, a lot of firsts that night.

Others were a very good Supertramp (no kidding--a very solid show), Queen (loudest show ever), a tie by Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Ray Vaughn (best performance by a guitarist) and Stevie Ray again (worst performance by a guitarist, seeing as how cocaine really doesn't help your guitar playing). Originally Posted by TexasT

My Dad is a bass guitarist and his band opened for The Doobie Bros. many years ago here in Dallas. I also got to meet Ray Charles and Steven Tyler as a kid but I was too young to appreciate who they were.

Saw Fleetwood Mac last year at the AA center (I believe) and it was probably the best concert I have ever been to. It is a three way tie for me: Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton (also last year) and Jeff Beck. All three were frikkin' amazing concerts.

I'm jealous of those of you who can say you saw The Beatles in concert, but I did get to see Paul McCartney on his last trip through Dallas, I will take what I can get I guess.
my 1st two concerts are about as different as you can imagine. Don't laugh...

Poison and then Garth Brooks. Not too many bands actually made it to the fairly small town I grew up in.
The Beatles

August 19th 1965

Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston---$5.00--Fantastic

Last Year- Elton John/Billy Joel-- $140.00---Really Great Concert!

Too many in between to list them all.
HOOK'EM