Is it right for a provider or hobbyist to make a third party accusation?

In this case it was an axe to grind. I made my rebuttal before Mokoa closed it.

Whispers, didn't you have a thread recently saying that alerts should be left between the parties invloved. I looked for it but can't find it. It may not have been you. If anybody can post info simply by saying "I heard this from a really good friend" then it becomes a free for all with no basis in fact.
I'm not sure an "accusation" is necessarily an alert.....

i.e...... I "heard" from a couple of different people that Provider 'A' had access to Hobbyist 'B's account and was logging on as him as well as he had... Knowing him as well as his tendancies I considered the information accurate enough to "accuse" him of it.....

At the time the information came from multiple sources and I deemed in valid enough to bring it out and let the chips fall.....

It certainly would NOT have been ALERT worthy......

Alerts are certainly more serious and first hand in nature and YES I believe the entire Alert Process should simply be between the two parties...
My daughter is a sixth grader. I'll ask her opinion. She's pretty good at childish drama.
My daughter is a sixth grader. I'll ask her opinion. She's pretty good at childish drama. Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Man you right! Like your style Smokin Joe ... but George Foreman kicked your ass! I did see you kick the shit out of fat Buster Mathis, though, and you did shut Ali up for a while.... mumbling off into oblivion....
My daughter is a sixth grader. I'll ask her opinion. She's pretty good at childish drama. Originally Posted by Smokin Joe

Shit... SOmeone recognizes the source of much of my material...
I can't speak for others Flinde but I was commenting on a generation that hasn't been taught their own language and is quickly losing the ability to communicate. That's the same in any language. I see it in Spanish speaking communities as well. No offense intended.

There are plenty of uneducated people here in Austin. Just scan our forums. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Too funny man! Flinde called you out. You then bash people in Austin to take flinde's comment off of you... you are def a pussy rider....

sixx
i believe that OUTRIGHT....

Originally Posted by snoopdogg

snoop whispers gave u some good advice on how to do a sugar baby arrangement. Let us know how that goes... that way you can squash the rumor that you have no balls.....

wow, i had no idea. i guess it is time for me to hang up my heels---there is no way i could compete with that. Originally Posted by missi hart
no competition! I will let you dominate that area of the hobby!

sixx
Oh CHIT! Well I guess we couldn't get through a full day without a complete dose of DUMBASSERY! (or is that dipshittery? or douchebaggery?)

No matter how you slice it, when the drinks kick in, the bravado does too.

Sleep it off, boyo! You're out of your element!

I guess you could tell me to f#$k myself again. That always works!

Oh CHIT! Well I guess we couldn't get through a full day without a complete dose of DUMBASSERY! (or is that dipshittery? or douchebaggery?)

No matter how you slice it, when the drinks kick in, the bravado does too.

Sleep it off, boyo! You're out of your element!

I guess you could tell me to f#$k myself again. That always works!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

lol hey you PM'd me first! its all good man... just being silly...

sixx
lol hey you PM'd me first! its all good man... just being silly...

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
You ARE two WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!

In this case it was an axe to grind. I made my rebuttal before Mokoa closed it.

Whispers, didn't you have a thread recently saying that alerts should be left between the parties invloved. I looked for it but can't find it. It may not have been you. If anybody can post info simply by saying "I heard this from a really good friend" then it becomes a free for all with no basis in fact. Originally Posted by Budman

I read your rebuttal and I am glad Mokoa gave you time to respond. I should PM Bibi and offer to drop her off a 20 so she can can her martyr act......

sixx
  • Booth
  • 03-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Anything that gets WM to post is a-okay with me. I had forgotten how great San Antonio can be.
Guys from the "educated" town north of SA who place a high store on grammar and spelling.

In a successful, tolerant multi-cultural hub (such as San Antonio), you learn that not everyone has English as a first language, and not everyone has been educated in a system with English as the first language. Originally Posted by flinde
I didn't have to learn since I learned English as a second language.

And, you learn to accept the effects that learning grammar and spelling in another language may have on someone communicating in non-native English. Not judge a person's communication skills, or intelligence based upon their efforts to express themselves in English that may be a second (or third, or fourth) language.
I made no inference about the intelligence of the posters in the threads, I judged their grammar and spelling as atrocious. My opinion that the accusation was dumb and motives for making the accusation transparent was not based on grammar or spelling of the poster.

Though you bring up non-native English speakers as a blanket excuse, I don't see the sentence structure or word usage typical of a Spanish speaker in those posts. Punctuation usage is similar between English and Spanish, so that shouldn't be a tough concept to grasp for Spanish speakers either.

I would suggest that that the garden variety grammatical expert from the "educated" city north of SA try this before pronouncing grammatical judgment upon others:

Join a BBS such as this one in say, Monterrey, MX (I can suggest one or two). Express yourself there in your best written Spanish. Then, ask a native Spanish speaker to rate your fluency.

If your Spanish is as perfectly proper as your queen's English as expressed in this thread, then feel free to judge away.
If I were to travel to Mexico and see the need to post on a board there, I would make clear of my handicap with the language in my signature and beg leniency first.

I would also make effort to learn the language rather than pick up idioms and slang first.

Don't get me wrong. As I said, I bitch about some of the posters here as well.

You don't have to put educated in quotes, it makes you sound bitter about it. It's been documented that Austin is one of the better educated cities in the country.
So THERE!

I'm with Rand! He's the "cleaverest" dude on ECCIE according to some!

But I think he's spot on!
Ok, I'll have a drink with you if you're in town when I am. Off the clock even. Your ability to debate rationally turns me on. Hopefully you won't have the grammar police waiting to arrest me at the bar.

I didn't have to learn since I learned English as a second language.

I made no inference about the intelligence of the posters in the threads, I judged their grammar and spelling as atrocious. My opinion that the accusation was dumb and motives for making the accusation transparent was not based on grammar or spelling of the poster.

Though you bring up non-native English speakers as a blanket excuse, I don't see the sentence structure or word usage typical of a Spanish speaker in those posts. Punctuation usage is similar between English and Spanish, so that shouldn't be a tough concept to grasp for Spanish speakers either.

If I were to travel to Mexico and see the need to post on a board there, I would make clear of my handicap with the language in my signature and beg leniency first.

I would also make effort to learn the language rather than pick up idioms and slang first.

Don't get me wrong. As I said, I bitch about some of the posters here as well.

You don't have to put educated in quotes, it makes you sound bitter about it. It's been documented that Austin is one of the better educated cities in the country. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor