Congratulations to Alabama and Mark Ingram.

I agree completely. I thought Stoops took the prize until this week... Originally Posted by rerun88
UT's average margin of victory over 7 of their weakest opponents was nearly 37 points. (La Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP, Mizzou, UCF, Baylor and Kansas) Maybe Gilbert should have logged a little more playing time instead of allowing McCoy to rack up ridiculous numbers in pursuit of the Heisman. The pathetic part is that he didn't win the Heisman, and ya'll didn't have a backup quarterback ready to play when you most needed him.

The Horns lost and it really sucks if that's your team. Do you really want to quibble over one touchdown? It could have been much worse and would have been if the roles were reversed. At this point, I'm just pissed that Arenas didn't return his last interception for another pick 6 with about 30 seconds remaining.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
Not to quibble, but look at the box scores for all those games. Mack throttled back each game after the half with no intention of trying to score again in the last 2 minutes of any of those games. There were 30 some odd seconds left with a 10 point Bama lead. Any coach with class would choose to take a knee and celebrate. And I would have had a better taste for the Bama fans had Saban done that. What's done is done. I'm not whining. Just making a point that only a few coaches would have chosen to do what Saban did. He's in his own class, that's for sure.
rerun - On one hand I can see your point. Bama usually doesn't play like that - usually it's just the opposite with ball control, field position, and watching the clock run down.

I didn't look at the box scores, I'll take your word for it. I did notice that Gilbert accounted for only one TD with limited playing time. IMHO, letting McCoy run up the score until you're ahead by 5 touchdowns, no matter how much time is on the clock, shows a complete lack of class. If the second or third team still continues to score, that's another story.

Some teams feel the need to win by huge numbers no matter who they play.
I don't like it, but I guess that's part of the game. I happen to love it when those same teams get a taste of their own medicine. Call it karma, reaping what they sow... take your pick.

I can see your point, can you see mine? Good luck next season.