Relationship between higher hourly rates and increase in BnG/QVs?

• Crock
  • 02-07-2018, 01:40 PM
I think Elisabeth may have meant in comparison to the National average and the average in other markets of similar size to Dallas and Houston. Despite Texas boasting about their fabulous economy-- rates are lower in Texas than most anywhere else. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Ah, that makes much more sense.
We aren't hourly employees-- we're more like a commisssion-only sales force. Like others who work on straight commission, we adjust rates in order to adjust pay. If there isn't enough business to sustain a lady at her rate-- she'll adjust or move her territory elsewhere.

Just my .09 (adjusted for inflation) Originally Posted by Grace Preston
People on commission have set rate with there employers, in order to make more they have sell more. Productivity is the key, doing more with the same or less resources.
People on commission have set rate with there employers, in order to make more they have sell more. Productivity is the key, doing more with the same or less resources. Originally Posted by DFWClubgoer
Not entirely accurate. A car salesman is going for as much profit margin as he can get. His % is set by the employer.. but he controls the deal. Same can be said in Real Estate and many other forms of sale.

I used to work in Finance for an auto dealership... back before all the 0% finance days, lots of commission was made in the finance office.

In addition-- there was a time, as an experiment, that I offered a rate of $140/hr. No tricks.. same service level as ever... but I did a slash and burn deal to prove a point of sorts. I ran the special for a week. During that week, I got 2 more clients than I generally booked at $220/hr. Meaning, I LOST money by trying to offer this board what it always claims it wants. So no-- low rates and working more does not always cut it.
  • ~Ze~
  • 02-07-2018, 05:49 PM
I just wanna ask, who is paying my tax bill this year?

Oh, I am. *doh*

I must be doing something wrong.
She charges too much............ guys bitch.
She charges too little ......... guys bitch.
She doesn't offer XYZ .......... guys bitch.
She offers too much XYZ ........ guys bitch.
She didn't act like you were the
best she ever had .............. guys bitch.
She over acted like you were the
best she ever had .............. guys bitch.

Anyone else seeing the pattern?
I don't really offer bng's or qv but I do 30 mins sessions so I guess that's considered as qv
I've been here on Eccie for about 4 Years I think and my rates never changed but every once in awhile I do 100 for 30 mins.
But I think this is a very interesting topic.
And I've meant some really great guys on here
I've always offered a QV, and have never raised my rates.

Some clients just either don't have a lot of time; or don't care for the full GFE treatment for an hour or have only a limited amount of funds to hobby with. I cater to all kinds.
Twenty-two posts, nine on topic. (Twenty-three and nine after this. ) I guess that's about average for ECCIE. I'm a little surprised, though, that more guys haven't either disputed the premise or acknowledged that changes in price points have had the premised effect on their hobbying activities.

I didn't comment for myself: If I were getting paid, I'd be hittin' the handjob honies. And, yes, it's partly because quality FS is more expensive than previously, along with a couple of other factors.