Any ideas on swinging scene or clubs in Austin?

I guess I got cold feet. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
I've always gotten cold feet too! I am a lurker on some sites but have not yet taken the plunge. It's awfully enticing though...
It was (the Jungle) actually a lot more polite and civilized than most of the time here. I'm pretty surprised how rude some folks are. Half of the gents here would not have passed the interview process to gain admittance to The Jungle. For those that did attend, you know what I mean. And, there were NO second chances, one time rude, bye bye forever.
Sometimes, (just sometimes) the whole gender embarrasses me. Not being a WK here, just the way I was raised. Maybe "country polite" has passed it's time. That's a shame.
I find it funny that "Looks" means so much to folks that haven't even been close to "fit" for 20 years. I don't want to piss of any of the gents, but for them...... Ladies, I'm sorry.
My ex-hubby of 19 yrs & I participated in the lifestyle off & on during our marriage. We'd get into a wildstreak for a while & start browsing profiles on various swinger sites and hook up w/ a few people then lay off for another year or so. The lifestyle is supposed to be about loving couples sharing intimacy with others who are like-minded. Single men are fairly limited and often shunned, although we were open to the idea of MFM on several occasions. It's difficult to find two women who click in the lifestyle. Just seems easier to work w/ adding one personality vs. two where there's the possibility of a jealousy issue. Those really sucked in a couple of encounters.

I'd like to go slightly off-topic in conveying my personal discomfort for attending a swing club w/ a hobbyist who is looking for fun. The scenario of "pretending" to be a couple out to meet other couples doesn't work well for me as I have never been a good fibber & as a provider, I feel like a "ringer" i.e. professional participating in amateur activities. *No offense to all the excellent amateur lovers out there intended, I assure you!*

If a long-time client of mine whom I'm comfortable with were to ask me to accompany him on a swingers date, I'd consider it a ymmv decision. If it's a first meeting, no. Been there, done that. The "first meet" guy did better than the "meet for lunch then set up the swing date" expirement. It was just awkward. *shrugs*

I realize this scenario could work for some, but am curious about different perspectives as this has been requested by a client of mine recently. What do you think?

Kurious Kat
Kat, I agree with you. Guys with dates-for-hire are usually very easy to spot in a swing club. No connection between the two. Usually his mouth is wide open while taking in the scene. I have actually been to a couples-only swinging resort (Desire) where it was fairly obvious the guy had brought a "professional" woman.