Untraceable hobby phone?

• Bosk
  • 03-23-2011, 06:49 AM
The AT&T Go Phone can be activated from the phone with no personal information of any kind. You decide which plan you want and put in the zip code and it will register it. When you want to refill, you can do that from the phone with a card you buy.
A lot of interesting choices above.

Untraceability is the key criteria. It wasn't clear above if the MetroPCS phone that was called "1G" had a paper trail, or if only the 3G/4G MetroPCS phones had a paper trail..

If the MetroPCS phones have paper trails, it looks like I may have to go with the ATT Go phone or one of the others. But I would like the Go Phone to be 3G (at least) if that is possible. I want to be able to do browsing or e-mail if necessary.

I don't mind spending more than 50 dollars a month - even $100 - just so long as it is 100% secure.
When I watch CSI type shows, they always seem to be able to track any disposable phone to the retailer and then 100% of the time they can get great video feed from the security cameras at every register.

And they do this within minutes with today's amazing technology!

Go to Trader's Village and get a fake ID like the criminal trespassers (illegals or as some call them, undocumented workers) do and then no worries.
I went to Walmart and got a Tracfone, one of the phones was advertising double minutes so i got that one. Every time I add a 30 minute 30 day card to the phone it adds 60 minutes and 60 days. Not bad for a hobby phone. Then use a pay phone to register it. If you prefer to use a computer to register it make sure you log on to a proxy first any logging will be to the proxy and not your isp. There are a lot of free proxys out there.

Good luck.
Then use a pay phone to register it. Originally Posted by raiseallin
?!?! Shit. I can't even think of where a pay phone is located. Cell phones really have destroyed that market.

Does Tracfone have 3G service and browser capability?
When I watch CSI type shows, they always seem to be able to track any disposable phone to the retailer and then 100% of the time they can get great video feed from the security cameras at every register.

And they do this within minutes with today's amazing technology! Originally Posted by LazurusLong
I'm paranoid about a lot of things, but the CSI shows get ridiculous.

If you buy a phone in a big store, they scan a generic bar code for that brand - it is not individual to your phone. So which phone that was sold that day is the correct one? And if you pay cash, the best CSI would have would be your security camera image - not even a name.

And if you bought the phone 6 months ago, do stores really retain 6-month old security camera images for a cash register unless there was a robbery that day?

On the other hand, what is "Trader's Village"?
  • Txh64
  • 03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
On the other hand, what is "Trader's Village"? Originally Posted by ExNYer
http://tradersvillage.com/grand-prairie

I agree that the CSI shows are ridiculous. I watch occasionally just to see how bad they can do science and investigation.

As for phones, they all can be traced when in use. You just don't want folks to be able to trace a number back to your personal information for various privacy reasons. Prepaid phone, pay cash and don't use your personal information to register it.
Straight Talk $45 for unlimited every thing.

Go phone $100 for 1 year plan.