CHL holders, what do you do?

I would hope anyone coming to see me has done their research and knows the gun will not be necessary.

If I saw it I would likely ask them to leave. I'm not a big fan of guns for many reasons. Stupid people being one of them. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Sorry, but I can't detach this love-gun . I promise I just shoot blanks!
Just two thoughts on this . . .

1. Concealed means concealed. Keep it out of sight. No one should know you have it, if they do, you have screwed up.

2. Ladies (and gents) keep in mind one little tidbit . . . as a percentage, someone without a CHL is SIX TIMES more likely to be arrested for a violent felony than someone who does not have a CHL. They are also 3 times less likely than a sworn peace officer. Which would you rather have show up at your establishment?

Statistics are on the CHL section of the DPS website. I feel sorry sometimes for the ignorant commercial establishments that display the 30.06 sign, it keeps me out, but do you think the average gang banger/criminal who is already illegally carrying cares one_simple_goddam about the freaking sign?
Personally I would avoid seeing anyone in an area where not
having a gun handy would be a concern.

But setting a line of claymore's around the perimeter before
going in is just a common sense added precaution.
There are several places you are not legally allowed to carry; a providers incall is not one of them. It's perfectly legal, just a very bad idea. Originally Posted by daty/o
Actually-- if you are going in with the intent to commit the misdemeanor of solicitation-- then it IS technically illegal to carry. If that cutie happens to be a decoy-- you're gonna have additional charges.

I've had one gent with a CHL carry it to my incall-- he did let me know ahead of time that he is always carrying and I told him as long as he didn't mind hanging it up in the closet with his jacket, I was fine with that (Long established hobbyist that I've known of socially for years). If I saw a weapon without that level of heads up, I'd have an issue.
I carry a very bright defensive flashlight. One blast in an attacker's eyes and I can shuffle away before he can see. It also comes in handy if I need to find my dick.

Seeing established ladies in safe incalls greatly reduces the need to carry anything more powerful.
Leave it in your vehicle..If you're seeing a provider in a sketchy area maybe its time to re-consider which provider(s) you see... ijs
I carry a very bright defensive fleshlight. One blast in an attacker's eyes and I can shuffle away before he can see. It also comes in handy if I need to find my dick.

Seeing established ladies in safe incalls greatly reduces the need to carry anything more powerful. Originally Posted by OldGrump

Fixed it for you.
The reason I obtained my CHL was for my protection. You can damn well believe I have it when ever I am awake. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six. If the 30.06 sign is on her door than I will not carry it in. If I have my gun she will not know it is in my pocket.
I always carry. Always concealed.
One of the biggest laughs I've had was a backpage provider I met in Denton. Second time seeing her, we used her room and not the guest bedroom. Since I was on top when we finished and the bathroom was right there, I offered to dispose of the hat and help with clean up. I had just wet the warm washcloth when I heard her gasp and my pants hit the floor. I was laughing hard as I approached the bed. She was embarrassed as hell.
I think it scared her into thinking I might have been there to rob or hurt her. I did tell her that the next time she wants to try on my pants, I'd being the suspenders- and my camera! In all the times I've seen her since, my pants stay right where I take them off and she is so happy to do clean up!
If you are an avid hunting enthusiast (and/or hunt in your backyard) please DO NOT greet your lady of the evening with your 12-Gauge and Elmer Fudd suit! Originally Posted by BrownSugarBaby
You jsut won the internet with that comment!
Take the Bill Clinton approach. "Don't ask Don't tell"
I have had my CHL for years and always carry it concealed. I do tell the provider ahead of time that I have it . Never had a problem !!
some could argue that since the hotel room may be considered equivalent to your house or apartment, (Castle Doctrine), The statute below could appear that one can carry the handgun into the hotel room (at least directly from your car to the room) IF The providers hotel room could be considered YOUR temporary residence.

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or
(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

One doesn't need a license in Texas to carry a gun in the car and from their home, to the car and or from the car to the hotel room, as long as the weapon remains concealed.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
(1) the handgun is in plain view; or
(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic;
(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or
(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.
(a-2) For purposes of this section, "premises" includes real property and a recreational vehicle that is being used as living quarters, regardless of whether that use is temporary or permanent. In this subsection, "recreational vehicle" means a motor vehicle primarily designed as temporary living quarters or a vehicle that contains temporary living quarters and is designed to be towed by a motor vehicle. The term includes a travel trailer, camping trailer, truck camper, motor home, and horse trailer with living quarters.

Note that the gun must not be in plain view in the vehicle and you can't be committing any crimes (other than Class C misdemeanors, such as speeding...but go too far over the limit and it won't be a Class C anymore....)

Also note that paragraph (a-2) states that "premises" can be temporary, which would include a hotel room.

A final warning: Castle doctrine only applies while you are in your vehicle or premises and when walking directly between them. You should not stop for dinner or other business while carrying the handgun. It would not hurt to review all of chapter 46 in Title 10 since it also lists a number of prohibited weapons to carry that you might not expect, such as bowie knives (what about the Alamo?!) or butterfly knives (a switchblade by Texas definition).
You are so damn confused it scares me. I can carry concealed any damn where I want except those place where the predominant sales(more than 50%) is liquor. I can not carry in a hospital or court house where the 30.06 sign is posted at the door. If the sign says they would prefer I not carry a gun I can still carry a concealed weapon with out breaking a law. If they discover I am packing they can ask me to leave and that is all. There is no law that says I can't carry a gun when I am visiting some one in a hotel. I have been invited into that room by the person leasing/renting the room.
If you need to carry a gun with you on a visit with a lady, you might need to do alittle more research on who your seeing.

But you never know, anybody can go ape shit at any given time.