I HAD ONE ULTIMATE RULE: *rant*

It's not the app. It forwards everything to my phone automatically (the two are separate, but it keeps me from having to BUY an extra phone for nothing since it does the exact same thing).

I don't have regular access to internet so it is a pain in the ass to have to disconnect and re-set up text/call forwarding.

I'm just frustrated because if I don't answer your calls the first bajillion times, why the hell would you continue to call?? Unless you're just being a dick.
My point is this: if I request that you don't call, don't call. That simple.

And if you do, that's fine. Call ONCE, leave a message and I'll get back to you. But calling incessantly, once every thirty minutes, starting at 6 AM through until noon, is a bit much.

I'm just really getting frustrated with it. And when I don't answer and I get angry voicemails left, along with MORE calling at obscene hours in the morning (10 AM would be more appropriate than 6 AM), of course I'm going to end up in a bad mood.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off. But I set my boundaries for "my business" in a way so that it does not take over my life. That happened to me when I first started, but turning my job into an obsession isn't healthy.
Me, personally, I don't call over and over.

I might look in the right place, or remember what hours to call. I'll respect your wishes in terms of calling hours if I remember what they are.

Unfortunately, a lot of guys aren't as considerate (or sober) as I am.

Get over it, and get a separate hobby phone and turn it off when you don't want calls. You can get a cheap burner phone for around $100 a year, plus probably around $100 more per year if you use it sparingly.
Not familiar with google voice but NW seems to have a solution for you. If you don't have regular access to the internet, get some.....if you can afford it....wait your are getting calls right.

Hobby phone would be great...if you can afford it...wait you are getting calls right. Get one and turn it off.

You've set your boundaries, have let everyone on here know now, so now start blocking numbers like you said you would.

Just the whole way you went about this seems a bit dramatic.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "I'm in business so don't call me".

Tons of good solutions here, all rejected. "It's my way or the highway".

This ought to be really good for your biz Stef.

Too bad you are not in a service industry.........

My point is this: if I request that you don't call, don't call. That simple.

And if you do, that's fine. Call ONCE, leave a message and I'll get back to you. But calling incessantly, once every thirty minutes, starting at 6 AM through until noon, is a bit much.

I'm just really getting frustrated with it. And when I don't answer and I get angry voicemails left, along with MORE calling at obscene hours in the morning (10 AM would be more appropriate than 6 AM), of course I'm going to end up in a bad mood.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off. But I set my boundaries for "my business" in a way so that it does not take over my life. That happened to me when I first started, but turning my job into an obsession isn't healthy. Originally Posted by Stefany
DO NOT CALL STEFANY. Got it! Originally Posted by Tan Khan
+1
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "I'm in business so don't call me".

Tons of good solutions here, all rejected. "It's my way or the highway".

This ought to be really good for your biz Stef.

Too bad you are not in a service industry......... Originally Posted by Pflugerbill

+1

If it's a business then treat it like one and stop whining and bitching at your potential clients. All anyone is seeing is a blaring don't call me because I need sleep!

I was feeling pretty empathetic with you until your last post but now it seems you're just determined to cause your own problems and turn clients off at the same time.

You're expecting people who don't know you from Adam to memorize your sleep schedule instead being grateful for calls and simply taking control of where the calls come in.

For the last time put on some adult business lady pants and solve the problem in the easiest, most effective and positive way. Buy a cheap phone strictly for business and start posting that as your number to call. It won't take long before the folks calling the old number fade away.

All I can think to say now is get out of the business until you're mature enough to take personal responsibility and handle business properly.
I know you're probably sleeping right now, but when you get up maybe you should consider closing this thread.
I'm moving next month so no point in getting internet. And my post was a plea to not call me incessantly.

Even normal hours for a business is after 8 or 9, and that's fine. Call once, leave a message. But 6 am, 630 am, 715, 745, then 8 and every fifteen-thirty in between is what I was pissy about.

I'm going to apologize and say I was wrong for being a complete bitch about it, but if you undersrand, getting two hours of sleep does affect one's senses in a very bad way, which if you had even met me, you'd know I'm actually a really nice person.

I was hoping whoever it was that keeps calling day in and day out would get the hint and leave me alone. He's just been calling obsessively every other day for two weeks.

Again, I'm sorry. I was frustrated and exhausted and fucking crazy from three nights of absolutely zero sleep.
Me, personally, I don't call over and over.

I might look in the right place, or remember what hours to call. I'll respect your wishes in terms of calling hours if I remember what they are.

Unfortunately, a lot of guys aren't as considerate (or sober) as I am.

Get over it, and get a separate hobby phone and turn it off when you don't want calls. You can get a cheap burner phone for around $100 a year, plus probably around $100 more per year if you use it sparingly. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Personally I have a hobby phone and a seperate phone for real life particularly for the reason of it's a smart and good idea to keep the two worlds seperate. I pay $35 a month for my "home" phone and its a Virgin Smart Phone, with a plan of unlimited data, texts and 300 mins a month. My hobby phone is one of those Verizon cheap flip phones which I paid $20 (maybe $30) and I pay $50 a month for unlimited everything.

When u said u could get a hobby phone for $100 a year, were u including the plan? And if so, please tell me where I can get a phone and/or plan for only $100.

I was hoping whoever it was that keeps calling day in and day out would get the hint and leave me alone. He's just been calling obsessively every other day for two weeks.
. Originally Posted by Stefany

This is all over one guy? Did you simply answer and tell him directly to stop calling? Yes but he's wacko?

For only $5 bucks more a month on your bill get call block. You should have it anyway as a provider. There are lots more like him out there that it will come in handy with.
In addition to the excellent suggestions above, other providers have *conditioned* hobbyists to call back because of their poor TCB skills in responding to vmail - once in a while they happen to reach a real voice.
Stefany, not sure what phone you have but if you can download the google voice app it's very helpful. It can be turned off straight from your phone and you can get the sleep you need. I keep mine on but I'm a deep sleeper and could probably sleep through a tornado so my phone doesn't bother me. My cell service allow me to have a personal hotspot where I can have Internet pretty cheap from my phone to my laptop by just using a USB cord. It's very convenient.. As long as I have my cell phone I will have Internet everywhere I go. To get the most out off google voice you need to be able to access it via the Internet.. You can simple click a box to block all further contact from any number. If you need some help with google voice let me know.
I do see her point... Let's flip the time frame for the sake of argument... Maybe it will sound more reasonable to you fellows...

I go to sleep normally at a decent time and do not take appointments after a certain hour. That said, if I go to sleep at 10pm (or I stay up late and don't go to sleep until midnight) and get a 10 calls at 3am after someone has been out all night and is all rauled up, I might get a little cranky as well.

All she is saying is if she doesn't answer the first time, there is probably a reason. It's just rude to call incessantly. I'm sure she will return your call as soon as she is able.

Aaaand if you can't reach her at 6:00am, you can always call me (although I do prefer email)
Allow me to quote from YOUR showcase:

"Availability: Pretty open. Just call for availability..."

Seems like an open-ended, all-hours invitation to me. Why don't you change this if 6am calls piss you off so much? Instead of inviting potential clients to call you to see if you're available, why don't you just put in the times that you're available?

As for getting calls even though you haven't been on eccie in a couple of days ... there are plenty of providers who wish they had that problem.

There are still shiftworkers in Austin, and some guys have morning wood and enjoy getting a little before work. So 6am calls reallly shouldn't be that baffling to you. As for the persistent cuss who keeps hitting he redial button ... Plenty of suggestions for dealing with that have already been offered.