Providers who refuse to give references

the only way we are going to keep each other safe is giving references Originally Posted by Madison May

And I think that is why some of the guys are worried.... not everybody here is a nice guy who plays nicely.... to be fair, not all the ladies are either, but it seems to be they get outed pretty quick on the board if they "fall out of line".. where the duds get away with all kinds of bad stuff....

Ladies need to share info and watch out for one another.....cause none of the guys here are going to do that for you.....

Just sayin
Pathetically it's true. Especially in the bigger city's where the competition is fierce but Austin is small compared to other big cities. I think it's laziness or competition if a provider won't be a reference. And I am grateful for the providers that do!
Pathetically it's true. Especially in the bigger city's where the competition is fierce but Austin is small compared to other big cities. ..... Originally Posted by ChuckTaylor

I agree that it is pathetically true, however with respect to city sizes, I disagree..... according to the US Census Bureau:

Dallas – Ft Worth – Arlington is the largest metropolitan statistical area in the Lone Star State and the 4th largest in the nation. (6.3 million)

Houston – Sugarland – Baytown is 2nd in Texas (at 5.9 million) and 6th in the nation.

San Antonio – New Braunfels is 3rd in Texas (at 2.1 million)

The Austin area (at 1.7 million) is the 4th largest in Texas and the 35th largest in the nation.

This makes Austin area 7 times the size of Bryan/College Station or Waco

I have heard the argument before that it is the size of Austin, but I have another theory.

A brief search of the ECCIE site gives us the number of showcases per MSA.

D/FW has 600 showcases, Houston has 300 showcases. San Antonio has 114 showcases
Austin has 197 showcases

Given, some showcases overlap (e.g. a lady may be listed in Austin AND San Antonio... and not all providers have a showcase, but for simple and rough statistics I ignored this).

This gives us an unscientific provider to civilian ratio.

In D/FW, there is one provider showcase here for every 21,000 civilians
In Houston, there is one provider showcase for every 19,700 civilians.
In San Antonio, there is one provider showcase for every 18,400 civilians.

In AUSTIN there is ONE provider showcase for EVERY 8,600 civilians! (and if you eliminate women and only include the 18-65 year olds.... it is one provider showcase for every 2,709 potential hobbyist in the area)

This means the unscientific provider/hobbiest ratio in AUSTIN is over TWICE that of the other large cities in Texas.

I am sure there are other factors involved in the differences between attitudes/actions in Austin as in other parts of the state, but hobby wise, the simple fact remains that gents here have over twice as many options as they do in other big cities and the ladies have over twice the competition here are they do elsewhere.

Respectfully submitted,

OldSarge
Does he really drive an old jeep?

Never stopped earlier to say "Thanks" OldSarge.
Good god, Sarge, how long did you spend on all that???
Thanks for that info! Enlightening to say the least.
Old Sarge, You da Man!!!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Old Sarge, You da Man!!!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn
+1K
ok rainman (sarge) how much is a candy bar? "bout a hundred dollars"
just teasin ya man!
I think we as hobby sisters need to keep each other safe...I will always give a reference out in a timely and informative manner! Originally Posted by DallasRain

BUT... it's not that easy with some.. especially when you call them... give the girl the info.. and she calls the said hobbyist back to offer him a cheaper session.. half off.. that day to come see her... YES THIS HAS HAPPENED. Luckily, the hobbyist was wise enough in her "hate" game and chose to still come see me... and told her.. he would never see her again.. because of the game she jsut played with him. He said it was trashy.. desperate... and rude.. to do other providers that way... GO HIM. Thank god for the nice gentlemen of ECCIE.. seeing thru the shit.

Amber Rain
BUT... it's not that easy with some.. especially when you call them... give the girl the info.. and she calls the said hobbyist back to offer him a cheaper session.. half off.. that day to come see her... YES THIS HAS HAPPENED. Luckily, the hobbyist was wise enough in her "hate" game and chose to still come see me... and told her.. he would never see her again.. because of the game she jsut played with him. He said it was trashy.. desperate... and rude.. to do other providers that way... GO HIM. Thank god for the nice gentlemen of ECCIE.. seeing thru the shit.

Amber Rain Originally Posted by Amber Rain
Sounds like a win for the hobbyist.....

sixx
ok rainman (sarge) how much is a candy bar? "bout a hundred dollars"
just teasin ya man! Originally Posted by knotty man

Yes, Knotty, 'bout a hundred dollars.... BUT, for $100.....I will have an Austin beauty hand feed you the candy, while topless and licking the excess chocolate off of you....... hmmmmmm........

Seriously, took me only about 5 minutes to locate and mine the data from the government web site....and another couple of minutes to crunch numbers. I used the 18-65 age numbers because the under 18 statistic is already summarized are the over 65 numbers.... I know we have a few in the crowd over 65... just that any other number would have taken an hour of work to mine the data and then crunch the numbers....

Respectfully,

OldSarge
I once had a well-known provider take 4-5 days to get back to me. She was out-of-state. She was very apologetic. I myself changed email addresses recently and was slow to respond to a reference request for that reason.

(By the way, my new address is asianannaustin@gmail.com. It's in my showcase.)

Asian Ann
608-2758
There is little risk for a lady to say "OldSarge is a perfect gentleman in every way and a great lover" ....

However, there is little benefit for a particular lady who says "Hobbyist XYZ is a bad person because he does ABC..."

So, I think it fair to note if a lady will not give referrals in general.... and that is a reflection on her choice.

I think it fair to note if you ladies cannot get a referral on a particular hobbyist..... and that is a reflection on HIS character........(REALLY? You thought the 3 $1 bills in the envelope were $100's? REALLY?)
--------------------
OldSarge, for some reason I could not quote reply to your message but I just wanted to address what you said here.

I do not ask a provider to "kiss and tell". All I ask her to do is let me know if the client followed her protocol (we all have our own preferred way of how we like appointments to be made and how the client should behave in person), and if she would see him again. I don't ask for details. If I have the provider's email, I request the ref that way, and I follow up with a text or phone call (just in case email delivers my message to spam). I let her know she can touch base with me at her convenience, and call me if she needs some additional info, because how many clients have we seen named John, Bill or Mike?

If she had an issue with a client and chooses to inform me (and I let her know that info will be kept confidential), then I can decide if it was a YMMV thing, or manipulative on his part, and I might still be able to see him, as long as I do my part to draw my boundaries in advance.

There was a client in SF who behaved well with some providers, and badly with others. He was able to get a good ref from some of us while pulling his BS with others, for a short time. When I found out thru the grapevine what was happening, I did tell anyone asking me for a ref what I'd heard about his Jekyll and Hyde M.O. His particular misconduct had to do with slightly shorting some people on their fee, but as he never did it with me I didn't give him a bad ref, but I am one of those gals who gets the fee upfront and checks it, so....

That said, I really don't see any valid reason for a provider to not respond to a reference check. What really bugs me is the *supposedly* mature Tantra provider who claims all this woo-woo "goddess energy" garbage on her website, and then cock-blocks her colleagues. Whatever, babe. Desperation is the world's worst cologne :P
I once had a well-known provider take 4-5 days to get back to me. She was out-of-state. She was very apologetic. I myself changed email addresses recently and was slow to respond to a reference request for that reason.

(By the way, my new address is asianannaustin@gmail.com. It's in my showcase.)

Asian Ann
608-2758 Originally Posted by Asian Ann
I ask for a URL for a provider's ad/website when she's being given as a reference, for 3 reasons:

1. it helps me to know I have the right contact info for her, and not some dummy account set up by a client
2. I have an idea of whom I'm dealing with and whether I even want a ref from her
3. the ad/website info eliminates the issue Ann describes, since most providers will mention on their schedules if they are out of town
I try to be very quick at giving refs..so far I have only had 1 person give a ref to me that was uncool she okayed a rapists said he was a perfect gent when she knew full well he wasnt..this happened out of state and she didnt like I was in her city thankfully I found the alerts on him in time. There was 1 time I couldnt answer a lady for her request because she called from a blocked number and her speech was beyond slurred and out of it all I could understand was his handle..so I sent him a pm stating why I couldnt give the good ref he deserved