Just want to wine a bit...

[QUOTE=Sisyphus;62541 Damn, if I can find the label now. I'll dig around but that was a nice vintage.[/QUOTE]

How do you remove a label from a wine bottle? (Intact)
How do you remove a label from a wine bottle? (Intact) Originally Posted by Sydneyb
Depends on the label. I've had them come off intact on their own after an afternoon in a cooler with ice....

Soaking the bottle in water usually does the trick. Some folks will add a couple of drops of this or that... usually detergent... to assist with the process.

There are other methods but then the trick becomes not ruining the color. See

http://www.ehow.com/how_2083830_remove-wine-label.html

or

http://www.redwinebuzz.com/modx/inde...ine-label.html

To get started. I'm sure there are a ton of other sites as well.
I haven't drink wine in years because i'm a champagne lover. Thank goodness you can order champagne by the glass in most restaurants... even the cheap ones (haha). On the serious side, Costco's sales Moet and Vevue for $35/bottle and I feel they're both excellent choices to have on hand for most Incall appts because you never really get drunk or have hangovers from drinking champagne.
You can definitely have a hangover from Champagne and it is about the worst kind of hangover out there.
You can definitely have a hangover from Champagne and it is about the worst kind of hangover out there. Originally Posted by discreetgent

Holy crap! I agree! Why is that???
The more "impure" the beverage the worst the hangover; champagne is bubbly which does not help, is 12-13% alchohol so the rest is not. Straight cold vodka would be my drink of choice if all I wanted to do is get drunk.
Red wine hangovers are a bit testy, cannot find any saliva anywhere and need a quart of mouthwash. ONCE I had a run in with a Port hangover and now I cannot even smell port without running...

Tanqueray/ tonic = decent hangover, at least for me.
Tanqueray/ tonic = decent hangover, at least for me. Originally Posted by Judge Smails
Word! I first started drinking gin & tonic on a trip to Mexico with some friends shortly after graduation. First night, I drank my usual Rum & Coke -- woke up with a horrible hangover. My buddies convinced me that the quinine in the tonic was just what I needed in tropical latitudes. Made the switch and they were right!
horrible hangover. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Hang over? What's a hangover?
Marcus please make me a special Coke smilie.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Holy crap! I agree! Why is that??? Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
Cause of the gawd damn obnoxious people you gotta hang out with who drink that shit!

Excluding any folks in this forum who drink dat chit!
How do you remove a label from a wine bottle? (Intact) Originally Posted by Sydneyb
I'm a big believer that taste is very individual. Drink what you like (& can afford). Price, experts, ratings be damned.

If you are out ask you wine steward/server for the label if you like something. They are more than happy to give it to you to stick in your purse to prompt your memory when you look for it at a retail store, particularly if they recommended it.

Increasingly, restaurants are offering a broader selection of wines by the glass at varying price points. Great way to try new things.

My other STRONG reco (whether you like wine, spirits, beer, cigars, etc.) is develop a first name basis relationship with the expert at your local wine shop or package stores. They are there to help. Tell them what you like. Tell them what your budget is. Be direct: "What is the best buy in the ~$10-15/bottle range just to enjoy at home for casual dinners?" Or if you are planning event they'll pair wines for your menu by course. When they have something new in or on promotion they'll suggest it to you.
Yes, yes and yes! I have favorites at every price point..and I am always up for something new. Life is too short to drink cheap wine

Believe me, I have "sampled" my fair share. I have asked this question many times in hopes of discovering something new that doesn't break the bank...there are some good ones out there.

Thanks for the input
Nicole, I have a 1976 Jordan cab. Their first vintage. I haven't stored very well, so it's probably vinegar, but I started with a case and drank most of that in the '80s. Great wine!
Have you tried a red blend from the Fess Parker winery called Frontier Red? It's about 10 bucks, and I think it's a great everyday red.
Barefoot Chardonnay is very popular.