best burger in SA

what about the four horseman burger? it serves one with the ghost pepper on it..the hottest burger in the world.
Been wanting to go to TLC.
  • DaMan
  • 09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
How could I have forgotten about The Lord's Kitchen? Those burgers are amazing. Definitely add that to my list of burger recommendations.

Timbo's is also good. It's owner used to manage Little Hipps before it closed.

Just an fyi, I went to Bobby J's the other day and it has definitely gone downhill since Bobby died.
Great recommendations so far! By the way... and if you don't mind a little drive up 1-10 North to Boerne... or... are headed that way nonetheless... I found the coolest place to hang out and have a GREAT burger (really, the best I've had so far, anywhere) and a frosty brew from their very own "on site" brewery. It's called the "Dodging Duck" http://www.dodgingduck.com/ From my house in N. SA, I can hop on my scooter and be there in about 20 minutes.
Big Bob's Burgers on Harry Wurzbach is also pretty good. I just had one two weeks ago and i went back within the week.
Chesters...hmmm..
Grumpy's in Garden Ridge has the best burgers IMHO.
SilverHorn Golf Course,....hands down.
The chef brought his secret recipe in from Rockport Country Club.
Upgraded meat and sweet, big, buns. (Just like I like my women)
Casbeers (Hildebrand & Blanco area) has some Kick Ass burgers! (as well as enchiladas. Best kept secret in SA!) I prefer them to Chris Madrids which is just down the street.

The Lords Kitchen has some great burgers as well.
thc texas hamburger company is amazing and i like chris madrids, chsters is highly rated but i thought it was just too greasy... but texas hamburger co on huebner is amazing
Having visited the Lords Kitchen earlier today, I must say I was very disappointed. The burger was greasy,as were the fries and onion rings. Instead of having an enjoyable meal... I ended up with an upset stomach!

Of course this was only my experience, others may find it to their liking.

On another note I agree with Sarah, regarding Texas Hamburger Co. They serve a better tasting burger.
Casbeers (Hildebrand & Blanco area) has some Kick Ass burgers! (as well as enchiladas. Best kept secret in SA!) I prefer them to Chris Madrids which is just down the street.

The Lords Kitchen has some great burgers as well. Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
Second
I visited Lords Kitchen for the first time yesterday....hard as hell to find.

Lordy..Lordy...Lordy...dem are some greasy ass burgers and fries! Tasty and not short on the beef fo sho. I had the one pound burger and should of had the half instead. They also have a pound and a half and three pound burger that I guess will feed a family of six. One big ass burger.

This old fist f#$ker is still paying the price for eating that much grease. Come on Zantac!
http://www.sanantonioburger.com/

A Burger Blog ran by some lawyer friends of mine.
Thanks for the great advice!. I went ahead and tried out Lord's..... wow, great burger. They beat anything I have had in Austin. I look forward to trying out another place next visit....