Springtime seasonal labor force

I no speaka da engrish
Yeah Strokey. I can tell.
ANYONE who is willing to work and do his job with minimal supervision is eligible to apply to work for me. ANYONE. I pay the prevailing wage, or better. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Yeah, sure ya do.
You probably wouldn't qualify, snowflake.
Is snowflake a racist term for white person?
ANYONE who is willing to work and do his job with minimal supervision is eligible to apply to work for me. ANYONE. I pay the prevailing wage, or better. Originally Posted by Lapdog
The prevailing wage for Americans would be a lot higher if people like you did not favor flooding the labor market with cheap foreign workers to compete with US-born citizens.

No shame.
Try getting the jobs done without that labor, Einstein. You'll be standing there with your dick in your hand, wondering where you're going to find all the help you need, and are willing to pay for. Why don't you try it for a few years, and then get back to me when you know what you're talking about.
Try getting the jobs done without that labor, Einstein. You'll be standing there with your dick in your hand, wondering where you're going to find all the help you need, and are willing to pay for. Why don't you try it for a few years and then get back to me. Originally Posted by Lapdog
More bullshit.

When I was younger, every construction worker I ever saw was either white or black and spoke English. Construction jobs were looked on as well-paying jobs, they were unionized (mostly) and they had job protection.

Now those jobs are NOT looked on as well-paying jobs and all the workers speak Spanish.

So, it is BS that Americans don't want those jobs. They did those jobs in the 70s and 80s, they would do them now if they paid properly.

The benefits and pay and security of those jobs were eroded by open borders and contractors hiring workers off the books. The business owners made money and US workers got the shaft.

For shame.
  • oeb11
  • 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM
The prevailing wage for Americans would be a lot higher if people like you did not favor flooding the labor market with cheap foreign workers to compete with US-born citizens.

No shame. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210

Biden just promised to raise the minimum wage to $15/hr.

an Inflationary move- and detrimental to small business in particular
I will have deleterious consequences - which bothers the senile biden not at all.
More bullshit.

When I was younger, every construction worker I ever saw was either white or black and spoke English. Construction jobs were looked on as well-paying jobs, they were unionized (mostly) and they had job protection.

Now those jobs are NOT looked on as well-paying jobs and all the workers speak Spanish.

So, it is BS that Americans don't want those jobs. They did those jobs in the 70s and 80s, they would do them now if they paid properly.

The benefits and pay and security of those jobs were eroded by open borders and contractors hiring workers off the books. The business owners made money and US workers got the shaft.

For shame. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210

First of all, fuck unions, OK? The unions are the ones who are to blame for the influx of foreign labor. The unions are the ones who convinced the unionized workers that it's OK to act like self entitled prima donnas on the job and demand that they're GIVEN more than they EARN. If ANY American comes to me and wants a job, I will give him a job, and I will pay him well as long as he earns it. All he has to do to keep this job that I give him is do his job. I could not care less where he's from.
First of all, fuck unions, OK? The unions are the ones who are to blame for the influx of foreign labor. The unions are the ones who convinced the unionized workers that it's OK to act like self entitled prima donnas on the job and demand that they're GIVEN more than they EARN. If ANY American comes to me and wants a job, I will give him a job, and I will pay him well as long as he earns it. All he has to do to keep this job that I give him is do his job. I could not care less where he's from. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Yeah, I can see the hypocrisy now. Your posts about Trump indicate you are a progressive.

But here you are posting about "fuck unions". I guess your dedication to social welfare is contingent on whether or not it affects your wallet.

You are no different than all the progressives in the tech industry and Wall Street who favor progressive policies only so long as they don't pay higher taxes.

Let me ask you - who determines if a worker is GIVEN more than they EARN? You?

I oppose government unions. The politicians aren't paying with their own money, so that overpay government workers with taxpayer money.

But after the lessons of the last 30 years, I am strongly in favor of better private sector unions. They are only 6% of the private sector. That is why blue collar Americans in the private sector are paid poorly and have no job security.

It's all driven by the Democrats looking for more racial minorities to tip the political leanings of the population and Wall Street looking for cheap labor to increase their profits.

No ONE has been looking out for the middle class or the low income workers.
If it's a worker who works for me, I am the one who determines if he is given more than he earns. Yes. Me. My company, my decision. It rarely, if ever, happens. I don't believe in it. Yes, my wallet does affect this. I give my workers what they expect, and I expect them to give me what I pay them for. It's a practice that has served me successfully for over forty years of self employment. No unionization has ever been needed in my organization.
I need to begin making my annual contribution to the Mexican economy and start hiring some seasonal labor with springtime coming up. Originally Posted by Lapdog
So you openly admit to the exploitation of undocumented workers for the sake of driving down your own costs? You know they banned slavery in 1865, right?

Why not employ some of the 10.7 million unemployed Americans?

Why financially enable criminal organizations that oppress, terrorize, and murder people, as well as flood the streets with drugs?

Why is it that Democrats can't stop oppressing people?
No. I don't openly admit to that. That's immoral. Where did you read that? Please don't put words in my mouth. That's not nice, and it's not needed. As I said in a couple of previous posts, anyone who wants to work for me need only to apply and do his job. I don't think I have room for 10.7MM in my organization, but I could probably use about 25. Also, as far as I know, none of my workers are guilty of oppression, terrorizing, or murder. And I haven't noticed any drugs flooding the streets in my neighborhood. Maybe a few grass clippings and loose mulch once in awhile, but that's about it. And I really can't speak for other Democrats oppressing people. I haven't noticed any of it. And yes, I was aware that slavery was banned in 1865. What does that have to do with this thread?
  • oeb11
  • 01-15-2021, 02:04 PM
So you openly admit to the exploitation of undocumented workers for the sake of driving down your own costs? You know they banned slavery in 1865, right?

Why not employ some of the 10.7 million unemployed Americans?

Why financially enable criminal organizations that oppress, terrorize, and murder people, as well as flood the streets with drugs?

Why is it that Democrats can't stop oppressing people? Originally Posted by GastonGlock

Amen - GG
DPST/CCP are blind to their own hypocrisy!