Apartments that will rent to those that cannot show proof of income.... IE..... All the beautiful ladies who post on this site & others like it

Great thread, in that it is completely in keeping with the original spirit of the board. All commenters to be commended.
I second the previous posters reccs on second chance bank accounts. Several larger banks mentioned and a few credit unions will offer second chance accounts.

Also, in the realm of recovering from your credit history (and I'm sorry to hear how it went down), I'd look into getting a secured credit card. There are pros and cons to credit cards but for trying to establish your credit, this can help you with building your credit history.

As for apartments, you might try posting a discreet ISO on craigslist. I used to live in another metro area and had a 100 pound dog (yellow lab, may she RIP). Got tired of looking at apartments only to find they wouldn't take dogs over a certain weight. I found more choices when posting an ISO and letting landlords come to me.
Also if you have not get a copy of your credit report from all (3) three. I disputed a charge and my score jumped 50 points. What happened when you were 21 may have fallen off or is about to. If you need any help with on line disputing or contact info lmk. You can and need to lock it so no one can access it again.
love it!! you go girl!!! Originally Posted by honest_abe

Thanks Abe!
Also if you have not get a copy of your credit report from all (3) three. I disputed a charge and my score jumped 50 points. What happened when you were 21 may have fallen off or is about to. If you need any help with on line disputing or contact info lmk. You can and need to lock it so no one can access it again. Originally Posted by Gimmeallten$
Thanks love
Also if you have not get a copy of your credit report from all (3) three. I disputed a charge and my score jumped 50 points. What happened when you were 21 may have fallen off or is about to. If you need any help with on line disputing or contact info lmk. You can and need to lock it so no one can access it again. Originally Posted by Gimmeallten$
Thank you sweetie
I second the previous posters reccs on second chance bank accounts. Several larger banks mentioned and a few credit unions will offer second chance accounts.

Also, in the realm of recovering from your credit history (and I'm sorry to hear how it went down), I'd look into getting a secured credit card. There are pros and cons to credit cards but for trying to establish your credit, this can help you with building your credit history.

As for apartments, you might try posting a discreet ISO on craigslist. I used to live in another metro area and had a 100 pound dog (yellow lab, may she RIP). Got tired of looking at apartments only to find they wouldn't take dogs over a certain weight. I found more choices when posting an ISO and letting landlords come to me. Originally Posted by BBW Jane Smith
Great advice, TY
It was, perhaps, an actual bit of advice wrapped in a less than pleasant shell.

Someone else mentioned "second chance" banks. That sounds evil as hell to me, and I would avoid it if at all possible.

If you have any questions about debt and debtor / credit reporting laws, I have extensive direct knowledge and experience with them - just send me a PM.

If the debt is beyond the statute of limitations, they cannot report on it other than internally. And there are a great many SMALL, LOCAL credit unions who will be happy to create an account for you. While not as convenient as nationwide banks, they do have nationwide ATM support and in most cases, the credit union will offer far superior service.

I suggest talking to one of the many phenomenal credit unions in the DFW area. Originally Posted by socraticdfw
Thanks! 😊
Raven, google "second chance checking accounts, Dallas, TX". That will help you tremendously with establishing proof of income. They will work with people who have issues like yours.

Once you start depositing into the checking account, after 3-6 months of deposits, you should be able to show proof of income that way. Some apartment complexes may ask for taxes.

If you have any questions on how to do taxes, feel free to contact me and I'll give you some names of some provider friendly CPA's or the service I use to do my taxes.

In the meantime, you might consider an extended stay suite here in Dallas. I know of ladies who do that because it's hard for them to get an apartment.

I hope this information helps and welcome to Dallas. Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
Thanks so much
I agree. But so is having transportation and a roof over the kids' heads.

After the lower layer's of Maslow's hierarchy are taken care of, then we can start talking about mutual funds and indexed annuities.

We can disagree over how much risk is involved. Done correctly, I think the risk is less than what many providers expose themselves to on a day-to-day basis. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
You're hilarious
Wish you luck and might point out the rent over on the Fort Worth side of metroplex is lower than Dallas rent.
Wish you luck and might point out the rent over on the Fort Worth side of metroplex is lower than Dallas rent. Originally Posted by ValenTX
Oh really? Thank you so much for the advice!
Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Compass.... all of those banks have "Second Chance" account options. In addition-- in Dallas, Neighborhood Credit Union has a great "second chance" option as well. You don't have to go to one of the "shady" banks in Walmart to get a "second chance" account.

But really-- if it has been long enough for it to fall off her credit, then it has fallen off of ChexSystems as well... they only maintain records for 5 years at ChexSystems and the other big bank account verification company. Originally Posted by GracePreston

Fucking Citibanck is still hounding me over a laptop that I bought over 10 years ago. Circuit City/Citibanck was offering same as cash for six months, and Circuit City would take payments in the store for a small convenience fee. Paid the laptop off between mail and Circuit City. Two years later Citibanck started asking me for the money. According to Citibanck I did not pay a thing, even after I showed them receipts. Citibanck can suck on my 1.3" of dangling death into infinity and beyond.
10 years ago? Send them a FOAD letter along with a request to not communicate with you via mail or phone. They can't do jack diddly squat, especially in Texas.
Keep in mind that many second chance accounts only let you do direct deposit, and have an ATM/debit card only, it's really not a full account.

I had someone vouch for me years ago. (and looking again) Not that risky in the right situation.

Not everyone's situation is all that easy.