Proposal of new thread to benefit all

• ztonk
  • 03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
As has been mentioned, when we tried this idea in Austin we found people unable to follow even simple rules.

You are entitled one ad every 7 calendar days in the Provider Ads forum, and a second ad between 6am Thursday and 9pm Sunday in The Weekend Lineup. That's two ads per week.

You can also change your rate in your showcase or add a special to your showcase.

You can't list services or rates in your signature line, but a "check out my showcase for specials" is ok.

And threADs are definitely ok as well.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
I didnt know we can post in the weekend lineup early as thursday. That is a gem of new info to me. Thank ya kindly ; )
Thank you so much , I needed to hear that. Its always nerve wrecking putting a new pic up. Originally Posted by purtybaby
Yup, nice colors, exciting nipples .... Good choice !!!

Im a die hard non-conformist. Much to my detriment im learning on here. I havent filled out most of my showcase , I just pm or email ... no hobby phone and I can be fickle and picky about who I spend time with. Ive learned these are frowned upon ways of going about things around here. Honestly I think it effects me negatively on here.
You are who you are, sometimes strange is more sought after than boring mainstream... I do miss your witty posts though !!!

What can I say , Im a strange bird ... I do most things a little different. As much as I pride myself on not conforming however ... Im learning perhaps its best to conform just a little , if it means less stress about bills etc.
I hope you do, and you should know who to PM when you do :-)

Im going to work on getting more pics up and maybe one day if I get really bold... even filling in that showcase.
Can't hardly wait !!!

As for you idea, it would indeed be a Win-Win. I think there were plenty of good responses already, and posting your 2 ADS, and modifying your signature and Specials in the showcase seems like a great start.

BUT, HELL YES, we could use a single place to look at current (daily) specials for all providers in ATX. I happen to LOVE Specials.
I thought those ads usually get posted in COED.... NO?

I can be fickle and picky about who I spend time with. Originally Posted by purtybaby
Ah, must be why we have not been able to connect yet...
I didn't read all replies, so pardon if I am repeating. I would think guys would just wait until they see the reduced rate and then decide to jump in. I am not opposed to this as it would then push overall rates down. So maybe this IS a great idea.
Ah, must be why we have not been able to connect yet... Originally Posted by FastWheels
u2?
Thank you Fun ! Very nice words from you. I am weird about who I see sometimes. This isnt always the case though. I will totally admit my tcb is hit or miss at times. Some days when I get a lot of pms I will start to correspond with gents but I will forget who exactly I was pming with about what and then I dont respond at all in the middle of back n forth correspondence. Im sure I have missed out on meeting some very good men by letting the pms slip through the cracks. Its shitty and I take responsibility for being so flaky at that sometimes. I am working on that , if you would be so gracious as to try me again, I would love that gentlemen.
I will totally admit my tcb is hit or miss at times.

I am working on that , if you would be so gracious as to try me again, I would love that gentlemen. Originally Posted by purtybaby
Next Hall Pass ill check in with you... A couple of weeks ago we scheduled on Tue for a Fri late afternoon play day. You asked for a slightly earlier start time and I responded and then..... Nothing. Just glad you are still around so we can give it another whirl!

BTW, I'm a fan of your new Avi too!
Duh ! I didnt realize who you were , we havent communicated via this site since the wee beginning of our chats. I am sorry about that but it is fair to say we have had trouble getting together on many occasion due to last minute changes on both of our parts no ? I would love to to try again and I will be more consistent with our communication ; )
Whew, glad Z fielded this one, thank you Ztonk.

Trees does wonder: If provider on slow-day were to offer privately (by PM) a special, would it increase likelihood Bob Hobby would come and pay a vi$it? Yes. Yes. Yes.

Whether unsolicited PM's (provider to hobbyist) to suggest private-special-at-slow-time is OK. Or not? Advertising by PM? (Presumably a form that is PM-blasted widely would be problematic, but sending a few to selected clients?). Trees plans to read fine print of PM policy ho hum... Space/Ztonk this OK use of PM?

There are at least 19 providers Trees will happily vi$it with a delish special invite by PM. Presumably, so too would Bob Hobby and many of his brethren. Some might find it bothersome (curmudgeons?)... But Trees bets it would work, convert slow-day or dead day into rewarding day. Seems win win, right?

Has another advantage: Provider gets to "hand pick" (which would make Bob Hobby proud to be picked, right?) from her-BF faves, blurring the vixen-wolf distinction, sexy girl hunting. Nice. Right?

The "Thead" our lovely OP started here, has other downsides. Publicly posted specials might have semi-permanent effect: expectation (read hope) by Bob Hobby that he too will get the "special" rate he saw posted in the "specials thread" suggested by the OP. This could cause downward pressure on provider's donation, avoided by private-specials-by-PM?

Dynamic pricing is hard to pull off, not impossible and worth the effort. Eventually there will be an APP (bulbs alit? sxsw introduction? name of APP?) using geolocation, GPS and price-calculating algorithms attached to wand-swipe phone payment system. Til then, providers want reliable returning rewarding clients whereas Bob Hobby needs an affordable nut: he will be thrilled, will obediently show up (with fancy chocolate)/100.30 (or whatever the special) and everyone wins.

Ztonk/Space: OK to use PM this way? Trees like it.

------------

Kudos to Purtybaby for challenging our thinking, for opening up dialogue on it; she is invited to send PM privately indicating she is ready for some chocolate. Things need not get messy with the chocolate, usually they don't. Sometimes it does get messy and we always clean up.

19Trees

That is gluten free right ???
Here are rules on PM usage

#8 - Misuse of our Private Messaging system will result in consequences. You are not to spam members using the PM system. You are not to send invitations to other sites using our PM system. You are not to harass others using our PM system.

#9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.

Unless provider broadcasted specials by PM (making it spamming), seems the limited discrete use of PM's as suggested would not violate the letter, or spirit of the rules.

Correct?

19Trees
PB, when you see my Countdown go to ZERO and you need to have a special cuming and you think you can hang with my reviewed Ladies, then PM me.
Lots of ANDs to meet ... OR I can simply resend the PM with the relevant info, lol.
I am not going to post it here I don't want to run into any Trees or SpcMountains ...

P.S. I don't detect some desperation here do I ???? Careful with that.

P.P.S. Trees has it right, some of us mongers won't mind a good deal at a valued venue :-)
I for one do love PMs/emails/SMS from my reviewed Ladies (or Ladies I have contacted but could not yet meet) for a special good time. They do know it as well (and it is always discrete).
PB, have you considered trying or looking into groupon?