Tyson Foods Fires Hard-Working American Employees and Instead Hires Illegal Immigrants

I've been Boycotting that junk for years. It's not hard if you know how it's made, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I don't eat bacon/sausage every day. When I do eat it, I would rather have the "Jimmy Dean" brand over Krogers (Midwest & Texas Chain) or Stop & Shop (Eastern Chain) brand. The taste is better. Oscar Mayer may be the best brand but a couple of dollars more.
why should i care how they were processed? (chopped into little pieces)"?

what i care about is cheap food by ILLEGALS at the expense of american labor who's price is jacked up by Corp America

but it's ain't 85 dollars ... yet.

do you? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

I like cheap food. Do you really think it's at the expense of american labor? If so, I can assure you it isn't a Biden issue, that goes back to Reagan (at least). Do you think the CEOs are going to take a pay cut to pay american workers 2/3/4 times what immigrants will do the job for, and instead of raising prices?

Remember the part of the article that said "that american workers won't do?". Also, in about 30 seconds of research, they are shutting that plant down because of low demand for whatever they were making, not firing the workers and replacing with immigrants. Maybe that plant made sponge bob chicken nuggets and kids don't want them anymore. It's 1200 workers, in a little town in Iowa, nothing that doesn't happen all the time for decades.

Call it strategy, or corporate greed. Those plants are located in places with few other options for jobs. Always have been, always will be. But on a lighter note, I have it on authority that Tyson has a freezer plant located in what used to be the best mushroom field within hours in central AR. Semi docks where the hippies used to flip cow patties looking for their magic mushrooms.
I like cheap food. Do you really think it's at the expense of american labor? If so, I can assure you it isn't a Biden issue, that goes back to Reagan (at least). Do you think the CEOs are going to take a pay cut to pay american workers 2/3/4 times what immigrants will do the job for, and instead of raising prices?

Remember the part of the article that said "that american workers won't do?". Also, in about 30 seconds of research, they are shutting that plant down because of low demand for whatever they were making, not firing the workers and replacing with immigrants. Maybe that plant made sponge bob chicken nuggets and kids don't want them anymore. It's 1200 workers, in a little town in Iowa, nothing that doesn't happen all the time for decades.

Call it strategy, or corporate greed. Those plants are located in places with few other options for jobs. Always have been, always will be. But on a lighter note, I have it on authority that Tyson has a freezer plant located in what used to be the best mushroom field within hours in central AR. Semi docks where the hippies used to flip cow patties looking for their magic mushrooms. Originally Posted by 69in2it69

everything you just posted proves it's all about the expense of American labor.

do you support that?
Hate to tell you this but this has been going on for decades. Not only is it just Tyson but walk into any beef processing plant like IBP or Excel or a pork processing plant like Smithfield.
Hate to tell you this but this has been going on for decades. Not only is it just Tyson but walk into any beef processing plant like IBP or Excel or a pork processing plant like Smithfield. Originally Posted by golferguy55

that's the point isn't it? why has this decades long attack on American workers by Corp America been allowed and now increased to a torrential flood for more massive ILLEGAL workers to pad Corp America's profit margin?
I don't have time to search back, but Lusty posted a Bill proposing businesses will be sanctioned if they hire undocumented workers.

Boycott Tyson? Go ahead. Make their millennium.

everything you just posted proves it's all about the expense of American labor.

do you support that? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

It IS about the cost of American labor, but not at the expense OF American labor, which is the way the post was presented.

They didn't fire Americans and hire immigrants. They shut down a factory in some corn field town of 3000 that was likely a huge impact locally. The 1200 workers that are out of a job because of that represent about 3 out of every 1 Million in the country. Huge impact to the small farm town. But overall insignificant to the economy.

Then it was tied into a unrelated story that the company is also hiring immigrants to do jobs American workers don't want to do.

“We’re recognizing there’s not a lot of people that are going to be working labor-manufacturing jobs that are American,” Dolan said. A large portion of new hires “are going to come from refugees and immigrants, so we’re now in the business of strategically thinking that through.”
that's the point isn't it? why has this decades long attack on American workers by Corp America been allowed and now increased to a torrential flood for more massive ILLEGAL workers to pad Corp America's profit margin? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Corporations are people. Don't you have any feelings?
Corporations are people. Don't you have any feelings? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

feelings about what? corp America embracing massive ILLEGAL labor?

NO
I'm just surprised they are paying them $16.50/hr and taking care of legal fees. I thought they would cost minimum wage at most. That's a pretty sweet deal. Good for them. Hell, my Senior Manager on my team in India doesn't even make that and I think that overly talkative ass kissing motherfucker has a PHD in Finance... America really is quite the land of opportunity for all. LOL
feelings about what? corp America embracing massive ILLEGAL labor?

NO Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

You're crying about it now?

Really?
I'm just surprised they are paying them $16.50/hr and taking care of legal fees. I thought they would cost minimum wage at most. That's a pretty sweet deal. Good for them. Hell, my Senior Manager on my team in India doesn't even make that and I think that overly talkative ass kissing motherfucker has a PHD in Finance. LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

Man they do like to talk (and kiss ass)...I had a PM on a project that could take a 15 min meeting and talk it to a hour twenty. And no one came out of the meeting with any more info that when it started.
I'm just surprised they are paying them $16.50/hr and taking care of legal fees. I thought they would cost minimum wage at most. That's a pretty sweet deal. Good for them. Hell, my Senior Manager on my team in India doesn't even make that and I think that overly talkative ass kissing motherfucker has a PHD in Finance... America really is quite the land of opportunity for all. LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

you shouldn't be. it was the Biden Invasion plan all along.

you still gonna vote for that?

You're crying about it now?

Really? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

as far as ILLEGAL corp greed i've been railing against that for decades. where were you? young idealist che fan?

bahahahaa
I don't eat bacon/sausage every day. When I do eat it, I would rather have the "Jimmy Dean" brand over Krogers (Midwest & Texas Chain) or Stop & Shop (Eastern Chain) brand. The taste is better. Oscar Mayer may be the best brand but a couple of dollars more. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Yeah its quite expensive. I really try to stay away from processed meats. They all posses Nitrates during the curing process and high amounts of Sodium.
as far as ILLEGAL corp greed i've been railing against that for decades. where were you? young idealist che fan? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

If you say so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loay2imHq5E?si=m5uGGK5-YDQ56UBA