Pick-up and drop off during car service appointments

• eyefo
  • 05-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Excellent idea, Lance

My opportunities for appointments are rare.
This is the crux of the thing for me as well. Were I single, then the entire metroplex could be my world.

As it is, however, 30 min to an hour is about my current "window of opportunity" (with a short drive time added)

So the opportunities diminish dramatically.

Again, this is why your monthly Fort Worth provider list by area of town and type of service was simply great!

I thank you for it again for it, and still reference the old lists frequently.

I, for one, would be willing to pay a modest fee to have that list, and you might at least consider doing it for such.... probably violates some Eccie rule, but that's how valuable I think it was.
Were I single, then the entire metroplex could be my world.

As it is, however, 30 min to an hour is about my current "window of opportunity" (with a short drive time added)

So the opportunities diminish dramatically. Originally Posted by eyefo
Yep.

Again, this is why your monthly Fort Worth provider list by area of town and type of service was simply great!

I thank you for it again for it, and still reference the old lists frequently.

I, for one, would be willing to pay a modest fee to have that list, and you might at least consider doing it for such.... probably violates some Eccie rule, but that's how valuable I think it was.
I'd hate to say I'd accept payment and then not be able to follow through. A better idea, I think, is splitting it up and making it a collaborative effort, something another member and I have kicked around but not taken any action on.

Perhaps the best idea would be a private forum for the Fort Worth guys. Management/ownership is too Dallas-centric to recognize the legitimate need for a place for the west-of-360 crowd to congregate, and I think the Dallas-centricity tends to discourage some of us over hear from participating as much as we'd like. A private forum is $300/quarter, as I recall. Get 20 guys to commit, and it's less than a Subway sandwich a month for each. And a private form would allow its moderator(s) to exercise some degree of control, should it be necessary, over its membership.