Political Discussions?

I was NOT advocating banning it from D&T. I just wanna talk more about getting naked with beautiful women. Is that such a bad concept? Originally Posted by SR Only
I like having sex with beautiful women............I think I'm talked out on the subject.......
I agree with you Charles. All though I rarely participate in the political threads, I do read them. The threads are great for screening. Originally Posted by Ansley
Note to self: Don't identify yourself as Marshall when scheduling appointment again with Ansley......check
I think I'm talked out on the subject....... Originally Posted by Marshall
Talked out?! I can never talk enough about women. Heck I *think* that's why I'm here.
Talked out?! I can never talk enough about women. Heck I *think* that's why I'm here. Originally Posted by SR Only
Great! Tell us something interesting.........
I vote that we keep those threads in D&T.
FWIW.
I think we can still have politics here but a "hardcore" section isn't a bad idea either. It would be a great place to post 6,000 plus word non-orginal content and comment on it. Originally Posted by SR Only
I think that is a fine idea. I doubt I'll visit, but in the eyes of some that may be a good thing

I've always been an advocate of the school of thought that if you can't in your own words make an argument in a couple of paragraphs I'm not interested. Links are fine, but they should only be to support your POV; not make it.

One member shared with me this morning, "if you aren't interested in the topic, just don't open it...."
I vote that we keep those threads in D&T.
FWIW. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

One member shared with me this morning, "if you aren't interested in the topic, just don't open it...." Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I've said this before, but the cursed truth is you cannot gauge a thread by its title in D&T. Even uninteresting topics often meander into something that is interesting . . . or, vice versa, interesting threads become uninteresting - you just never know!
I vote that we keep those threads in D&T. FWIW. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
And you are?

I have little to no interest in most of the political threads, whether they're in D&T or elsewhere. But I'm not offended/bothered by them occurring in D&T, even though the forum's not explicitly for that.

For a time on ASPD I stayed away from posting in HDH because I thought politics was all the forum talked about and I didn't feel like I "fit in". I worry that other users feel the same, sometimes, but there are obviously plenty of other topics discussed in D&T -- more variety, I think, than HDH had.

So, move 'em somewhere else, keep them allowed in D&T... either is fine by me.
Word, Miss H. And so glad to be under you again. Hope you are close to healed, darlin!

Seriously, I am glad to see you regulars appalled at my suggestion. I was NOT advocating banning it from D&T. I just wanna talk more about getting naked with beautiful women. Is that such a bad concept? Originally Posted by SR Only
No SRO...its not a bad concept. And I think you should start...post in...and repost again...as many of those "getting nekkid" threads as you want. If those threads are not being posted in...perhaps its because they do not have as big of a following as you think they should.

I think we can still have politics here but a "hardcore" section isn't a bad idea either. It would be a great place to post 6,000 plus word non-orginal content and comment on it. Originally Posted by SR Only
It seems there is a perception that thing are different today than they were in "the good old days". Well I've been here...and on the previous board for about 10+ years...and aside from a couple of newbies (I think we know who they are) who just post ad naseum...most stay well within bounds. It kind of seems like we're having a discussion about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If I'm wrong...and you're not proposing to discuss tramping down on political discussions in D&T...then I apologize. Cause frankly, I don't care if there are 50 other forums that talk about the most vile political discussions...or discuss them with KumBaYa humming in the background. I plan on staying in D&T...where I've always been.
No SRO...its not a bad concept. And I think you should start...post in...and repost again...as many of those "getting nekkid" threads as you want. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
As you wish!

or discuss them with KumBaYa humming in the background. I plan on staying in D&T...where I've always been. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
I only sing KumBaYa with a good French or Italian wine in hand. I'll second the staying at D&T regardless. It is one of the reasons I signed up to moderate. I *like* it here. Oh that and the pay (quoting Artie Lange: "Zero point zero" out of Animal House) and sitting around eating Bon-Bons all day. Right MA?
As you wish!

I only sing KumBaYa with a good French or Italian wine in hand. I'll second the staying at D&T regardless. It is one of the reasons I signed up to moderate. I *like* it here. Oh that and the pay (quoting Artie Lange: "Zero point zero" out of Animal House) and sitting around eating Bon-Bons all day. Right MA? Originally Posted by SR Only
Speak for yourself. Bon-bons get stuck in the mask grill and plug the filters.
So, is that a majority request to withdraw the request for a new political forum? Perhaps we should start a poll!
Gosh, I didn't mean to throw a rock at a wasps nest.

I apologize.

Thanks guys for the quick responses and interesting input and for indulging a new guy that may be looking at this thing with some fresh eyes?

It looks like "civility" has been an issue for D&T for quite a long time?

I went back and sampled a quite a few of the pages in the history of D&T and see and pretty much agree with SR and others. I am aware as a Johnny Come Lately that my opinion is probably worth less than two pennies.

Anyway from the moderator perspective, you could go back and look at the forum description SR quoted and see exactly where he is coming from.

Maybe a keywords in that description are elegance and sophistication?