Best Burgers in DFW

give Dels in Richardson a try ,,, charcoal grilled

maybe not the best but like you cooked them on the grill on your patio ..tasty

Goffs University Park (before they were sold in 04) ... charcoal grilled too.. my atf Originally Posted by CJ7
a friend of mine lives next door to the owner and I think it is a great burger

anyway, it is hard to belief how much money the guy makes since it is basically a lunch only business

also, some where there is sheet showing the history of Del's, very interesting
JR'S grill in grapevine can not be beat simply the best burger I have ever had
But with out going to far off thread where can I get a kick ass corndbeef sandwhich
But with out going to far off thread where can I get a kick ass corndbeef sandwhich Originally Posted by skirtchaser79411
Seems like some of the Jewish guys on this board should know the answer to that.

The irish, too, but I don't eat a lot of corned beef. Or cabbage for that matter.
I'm not Jewish but Cindy's Delicatessen makes a savage corned beef sandwich.
Off Site Kitchen has a very good corned beef sandwich (reuben)...

As does the Cock N Bull in Lakewood neighborhood....http://www.cockandbulldallas.com/

I have never given it a try; but hear good things about the in-house made corned beef reuben at Common Table......http://thecommontable.com/
  • CJ7
  • 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM
a friend of mine lives next door to the owner and I think it is a great burger

anyway, it is hard to belief how much money the guy makes since it is basically a lunch only business

also, some where there is sheet showing the history of Del's, very interesting Originally Posted by cptjohnstone

Del doesn't have much overhead to eat at his profit margin ... the place gets tons of lunch customers from Texas Instruments and all the car dealerships that are so close ... any hamburger grill that has a refrigerated trailer full of meat parked out front because the buildings cold storage is too small speaks volumes for the quality of the product.
I do not know if Del's is that good; it certainly doesn't rank in any of the best burger surveys////

that said, a large trailer parked outside full of meat doesn't mean squat when discussing quality; it is only an indication of volume !
  • CJ7
  • 08-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I do not know if Del's is that good; it certainly doesn't rank in any of the best burger surveys////

that said, a large trailer parked outside full of meat doesn't mean squat when discussing quality; it is only an indication of volume ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway

http://sidedish.dmagazine.com/2008/0...oot-burger-co/
[QUOTE=Whirlaway;1053599994
; it is only an indication of volume ![/QUOTE]

volume=great burgers

http://www.delsburgers.com/test2.htm
I am not disagreeing that Del's makes a great burger !

I just haven't seen it on any "best of" lists...........
  • CJ7
  • 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM
I am not disagreeing that Del's makes a great burger !

I just haven't seen it on any "best of" lists........... Originally Posted by Whirlaway

read my 1st post on this thread ... then go to Dels and have an awesome burger at a Dallas landmark ...

I will.....btw, Tom's Burger and Grill in Arlington is pretty damn good.
I'll have to agree that a fight is unavoidable since you have no fucking clue about who makes a good hamburger. Originally Posted by timpage
Well, you may be wrong but you're never doubtful.

Chain restaurants is a toss-up between MooYah's and Smashburger. Both are terrific burgers, you get a few more choices in regard to condiments and veggies at MooYah's. Second place is also a tie: Snuffers and Chili's....Chili's makes a damn good burger. Originally Posted by timpage
I probably should have been more specific about "chain" restaurants. I was trying to avoid table service restaurants - focusing instead on ordering at a counter and picking up your food. In other words, quick lunch time burgers. So, let's put restaurants with waiters and waitresses to one side.

I had never actually tried MooYah's or Smashburger before this thread, but I have now.

Mooyah's - I have to agree with a review I read that MooYah's is a 5 Guys knockoff - right down to dumping a pile of fries in a paper bag on top of your other food. They have a good burger, but I give the edge to 5 Guys. The burgers at 5 Guys have a grilled flavor, whereas the BooYah burgers have a fried taste. Also, I like the free ballpark peanuts you get at 5 Guys.

Smashburger - This was a better match for 5 Guys. However, they ended up being a couple of dollars higher than 5 Guys because they charged $1 extra for bacon and $1 extra for cheese. So, it was something like $9 versus $7.

Going back to table service restaurants, I will say that I don't think Chili's and Snuffers are any better than 5 Guys, Mooyah's or Smashbuger and I think they cost more.

Non-Chain: Is there even any debate? Adair's. Maybe it's the atmosphere but they make a damn fine hamburger. Originally Posted by timpage
I had never known about Adair's Saloon until you mentioned it. So I tried it.

Holy shit. What a shithole of a bar. But that's the biggest burger I've ever had. And damn good, too. I could not open my mouth wide enough to take a bite. I had to remove the half inch thick beefsteak tomato slice in it.

I'd probably be a regular if the place didn't smell like mold and stale beer and if there was a single seat in the place that was not sliced open by a blade.
Thanks timpage and whirlaway for you reply as for burgers twisted root is also pretty damm good now if you want a chicago hot dog or beef sandwhich i have a place for that