How are the Houston Texans going to do this year?

Now wouldn't it be something too see the Texans in the Super Bowl in Dallas and the Cowboys sitting at home watching.
That's probably Jerry Jones worst nightmare .
Host and win a playoff game this year.
  • Trey
  • 07-27-2010, 07:39 PM
i think we can get the playoffs but not past first round.
  • cg00
  • 07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
9-7 left hanging again.

Keep dreaming playoffs. It is all about schedule. We are still in a conference with the AFC Champ Colts. And we play the NFC East. Because we were considered the 2 seed out of our divison last year, we have the Ravens and Jets on our schedule as well.

Our only hope for the playoffs is for the Titans under Vince Young and the Jaquars to badly regress and we get 4 wins from those two division match-ups, and steal a FEW between Dallas, Eagles, Giants, Colts, Ravens, Chargers and Jets plus win the ones we should win against lesser opponents.

No, I change my mind. We'll be 8-8.
8-8 the same old shit
They make the playoffs
They make the playoffs Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
The DaliLama says so then it wil be
  • uhdps
  • 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
They gave Dom Capers less time than Kubiak. Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
LOL dom capers gave david carr more than 2 years as a starter and that alone was enough reason to fire him, why he or carr got more than 2 years is beyond me.

Sorry folks Im a die hard Texans fan but they dont make the playoffs this year. I think we will fall a game probably 2 short like others have said they have to pick up quite a few games against real good teams. We can be a good team but we are also inconsistant and when youre playing good teams every week like we will be that doesnt translate into playoffs.

I will say this though when we finally do make to the playoffs we will probably go pretty far in them. I dont think this is our year but hopefully Im wrong about that.
Thanks DJ for posting the schedule. I hope we go 10-6 but that is a tough schedule. One things for sure: I didn't pay for a PSL and outrageously expensive season to hear them yell "Another Houston Texans FIRST DOWN" twelve times a game.

Invested that money in a flat screen and Onkyo sound system.

That Miller High Life delivery guy needs to clear out the whole stadium, especially the Bloody Mary Bar.
Hell, they get every tough game at home, which is the complete opposite of the Cowboys. But since the Texans suck so much, they'll blow the easy schedule and go 4-12.
Hell, they get every tough game at home, which is the complete opposite of the Cowboys. But since the Texans suck so much, they'll blow the easy schedule and go 4-12.
Im still mad that the chiefs let Pollard go...... Wish you all the best this season... Ive thought bout coming down for the chiefs game down there...
2009 NCAA 100m dash champ and LSU alum. Trindon Holliday has been tearing up the special teams coverage. He ran two punts back for TDs in practice the other day. Let's hope it's cuz he is that good and not cuz the coverage is that bad. Marciano is one of the premier ST coaches in the league. He'll find ways to get the ball in Holliday's hands. He's not just fast, he's fast on the cuts too.
If they get ANY push out of the front 4 not named Mario... they will be successfull. If they have another season with only 30sacks as a team they will be lucky to get to 8-8. Talent level has finally reached beyond the "Below Average" level for the 2nd straight year, but this team also needs to learn how to close out games! Young team has no killer instinct and needs to learn how to "Step on the throat" of an opponent when they are on the ropes.

A good step in that direction is waking up from the acid trip that had them all thinking that Chris Brown is a goaline/short yardage back! WTF?!?!

I'm a Vikes fan anyway, and our season may be over if T-Jax has to be under center!

JaD
I'm a Vikes fan anyway, and our season may be over if T-Jax has to be under center!

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
Not to worry. You have Sage ready to pick up the slack!