Attractions in Tennessee?

I will always luv ya babe! Originally Posted by DallasRain

I've said numerous times that you are one of the sweetest, nicest people I've ever met in or out of the hobby, and that dinner invite is always open in the very unlikely event your Memphis fans actually give you a couple hours free to get out and catch up with an old friend.

NOW... to bring this threadjack back within hailing distance of on topic again... Neely's having been mentioned earlier, my go-to source on Memphis and West TN 'cue, the blogger "Memphis Que", posted today to Facebook a review of Neely's downtown that he did a little before they shut down. This will give you an idea about why the place shut down:

Too Much Sugar, Not Enough Smoke - Neely's

On Facebook, Memphis Que commented:
This is a review of the Neely's on Jefferson I posted a little over a year ago. It's hard to be too upset over the restaurant's permanent closing. The owners have enjoyed some great successes as TV show hosts and cookbook authors. But in that time they'd also become absentee restaurant owners, which was obvous in both quality and service.
Another bonus to Memphis Que's review... Neely's on Jefferson was within walking distance of Victorian Village (which babee recommended in her post), and he's included some pictures of the walking tour of Victorian Village that he made after his visit to Neely's. So I guess that really brings this threadjack back completely on topic, now!

Apropos of Neely's, another FB friend of mine is a writer with The Memphis Flyer, and he posted this to his FB account. Kinda funny, I think:

Five Slogans for Neely's New York Barbecue

Cheers,

bcg
Riverboat and zoo sound great! I'm a sucker for cute cuddly things! Thank you! Originally Posted by zoebee
I'm cute and cuddly...in a redneck kind of way !
dammit now I wish I was in Memphis! I cannot find ANY good fried chicken here in Omaha! lol Originally Posted by DallasRain
trade?

lol..there is this kickass steak place in downtown omaha..it;s well known, part of a midwest chain (small chain) and they have the best frackin mac&chz in the universe....

omaha rox..luv that town

as for gus' weyell no offense, but i like my chgikin better. hell, i like kfc more'n i do gus'.

alcenia's, brother junipers, erlings, sweet grass felicia suzanne's, ernestine & hazel's, chow time (helzyeh) that sushi place by wolfchase, seafood nachos at the halfshell.