So now that Austin is "nice"

Awww, he looks so peaceful when he's sleeping.
Maybe there are some people who are so bored with their lives that they get stimulation by coming on this site and stirring things up so they can watch the drama.

I wonder if they've heard of Netflix.

They claim to have all of this knowledge about how much site participation has dropped off. Has anyone actually backed that up with statistics? Or is it just seat of the pants guesswork? If so, how much of it is just the reduction in high-drama traffic caused by trolls?

And even more miraculous than that, they claim to know why. They blame it on the mods and admins. They blame it on the site governance, with no evidence backing up any of their claims.

I forget where I heard this first, but it makes sense:

When the law is on your side, you argue the law.

When the facts are on your side, you argue the facts.

When neither one is on your side, you blame it on the government.

Or in this case, the governance of the site.

Good luck with that.
Why? You have a problem with diverse opinions? You find no reason to refrain from giving yours. And that is why.
IS there something worth trying to take down? You lost me there
Looks to have been taken down internally. Originally Posted by Whispers
I have no idea what your last sentence is in reference to.
Eh. The people are on this site are never going to be the sterling example of behavior. When you think about what we all came here to do and talk about the community was always going to be cancer. You cut out the cancer and you find there's not a lot of community left. Shit talking and dysfunction is the price of doing business. Trying to restrict that as much as the new eccie has really stifles things. Guys can get less intel. Certain kinds of ladies lose the plot entirely and self destruct.

Funny thing is I come to eccie for rumors and the intel in the men's lounge. I'm actually far more active in the hobby than ever before it's just that I'm not meeting anyone from here. Even OH2 which is really BP with a comment section is rarely worth a look these days. Nothing I want.
A moderator tried. A moderator won. Qed.
Won what? A boring ass message board?
"nice" ?
Ummm, ok.
  • RREB
  • 11-02-2018, 12:48 PM
They claim to have all of this knowledge about how much site participation has dropped off. Has anyone actually backed that up with statistics? Or is it just seat of the pants guesswork? If so, how much of it is just the reduction in high-drama traffic caused by trolls? Originally Posted by Dev Null
Look at "Replies" and "Views" of posts and they are up. Number of actual reviews is up. Something the op never had much use for anyway. There is plenty of good useful info here now, without all the drama and bs.
Look at "Replies" and "Views" of posts and they are up. Number of actual reviews is up. Something the op never had much use for anyway. There is plenty of good useful info here now, without all the drama and bs. Originally Posted by RREB

Up from what? Compare Sept 2017 to Sept 2018 and 2018 has many threads with 0- low double digit replies and low hundreds of views

Same period in 2017 shows much higher view counts (thousands) as well as replies.

My take is more useless content is being created that few people show interest in then previously.

More reviews now useful? not a lot of comments made on them anymore.
Up from what? Compare Sept 2017 to Sept 2018 and 2018 has many threads with 0- low double digit replies and low hundreds of views

Same period in 2017 shows much higher view counts (thousands) as well as replies.

My take is more useless content is being created that few people show interest in then previously.

More reviews now useful? not a lot of comments made on them anymore. Originally Posted by Whispers
blah blah blah blah, missing the days when you were a little relevant? Long ago buddy, and they'll never return.. is that all you have to do now? sit and count threads and make pointless comments.. . LOLOLOLOL
There is plenty of good useful info here now, without all the drama and bs. Originally Posted by RREB
Could you post a link to one? Because this place is a ghost town.
  • RREB
  • 11-03-2018, 07:14 AM
Could you post a link to one? Because this place is a ghost town. Originally Posted by jimmy jump
You've been on the site a whole "Month"???
  • RREB
  • 11-03-2018, 07:28 AM

More reviews now useful? not a lot of comments made on them anymore. Originally Posted by Whispers
Why did you pick September of last year to use?

You want to compare and nitpick certain months? Look at reviews in AMP from August 2017 to August 2018. You will see a large increase in 2018 "144" and more "views" for most. Seems to be a growing area. Maybe you choose not to look at the changes that don't have an interest for you.