so now we have Jan. 6 seditionist Jim Jordan angling for the House Speakership..

• pxmcc
  • 10-15-2023, 12:34 PM
^^lol sir..
  • pxmcc
  • 10-18-2023, 10:26 AM
Jordan apparently just lost round 2. i think his plan is keep calling new voting and use arm twisting to wear down the no-voters. i doubt his scheme will work.

if he's Speaker, what would he do if Trump lost in 2024? follow the Constitution and certify the vote? just hell naw..

he got away with violating his oath of office in 2020. why would he do anything different in 2024?

that's why Garland needs to indict the son-of-a-bitch, and the sooner, the better. add him to Jack Smith's portfolio. he'll git er dun, as we say in Texas..

i predict the speaker pro tem (McHenry) will get enlarged powers and make some concessions to the Dems in exchange for their vote. Maga House members will never let him reach 217.
Jordan tried to strong-arm his colleagues into voting for him, and it backfired miserably. One of the R’s even voted for John Boehner. Meanwhile, the Ds were unanimous behind Hakeem Jeffries. What a shitshow. You can see the ads for the 2024 election writing themselves.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-19-2023, 02:49 AM
^^100% correct. "thou shalt not twist the arms of and threaten colleagues whose votes you are hoping for.."

Dan Crenshaw, a Jordan supporter, predicted this exact scenario. Jordan shoulda heeded his good advice.

it's kind of an embarassment. Pelosi was like, "they seem to have a problem with basic math, you know, like how to count to 217.."

if he tries again today, he's gonna lose even more votes than he did in round 2, which will be even funnier still..

the truth is he shouldn't even be in Congress but in a courtroom defending sedition charges. i am baffled that Merrick Garland hasn't assigned his conduct to a Special Prosecutor yet. he and Trump were as thick as thieves when it came to overturning the will and votes of the people.

so a Special Prosecutor is required for an addict who has never held a government position, but not one for a senior member of Congress who did everything in his power, including encouraging a violent insurrection, to overturn a free and fair election? makes perfect sense to me..
PX where do you get your news? You have not been right on anything in this thread
  • pxmcc
  • 10-19-2023, 10:28 PM
PX where do you get your news? You have not been right on anything in this thread Originally Posted by rudy99
hi Rudy. i stand behind everything i posted in this thread. let me know which statements you want to call bs on and i'll provide hard evidence supporting any of my points when i get a second.

i prefer journalistic sources which focus on facts, not opinion. so i don't take too seriously a source that had to pay out 750 million dollars for lying to their viewers. is that the "journalistic" source you rely on to get your "facts?" or maybe it's from the highly peer-reviewed and always neutral third party fact-checked money-pit thingee called "truth" social?

my goal is to know and explain what is, regardless of whom it makes look bad, including libs.

for example, i have a problem with left wingers who insist it was an Israeli airstrike that killed hundreds in a Gaza hospital when the weight of the evidence suggests it was from a militant's rocket that misfired and never made it to Israel.

but, even so, Israel is committing war crimes as we speak. U.S. aid to Israel should be conditioned on Israel abiding by international law and ceasing collective punishments, such as cutting the power and withholding potable water from Gazan civilians.

i've already stipulated that Hamas or, in some cases, their proxies, have already committed unspeakable war crimes and should be captured and tried in the ICC at the Hague.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-20-2023, 10:08 AM
Round 2 was worse than Round 1. Now Round 3 is worse than Round 2.

Jordan is neither a statesman nor legislator; he's a bomb thrower. so no surprise that Republican moderates want nothing to do with him.

Trump is nowhere to be found. He read the tea leaves, so even after endorsing Jordan, once he knew that Jordan was going down in flames, he went mia and that was that..

#revengeoftheRINOs
Round 2 was worse than Round 1. Now Round 3 is worse than Round 2.

Jordan is neither a statesman nor legislator; he's a bomb thrower. so no surprise that Republican moderates want nothing to do with him.

Trump is nowhere to be found. He read the tea leaves, so even after endorsing Jordan, once he knew that Jordan was going down in flames, he went mia and that was that..

#revengeoftheRINOs Originally Posted by pxmcc

You talk a whole lot of shit about Jim Jordan, however you seem to forget your 'squad' is like having 8 Jim Jordans. Say what you want to about Jim Jordan, but those anti-American cunts don't belong within 100 miles of the capitol building. They are a disgrace. One stupid son of a bitch lies his ass off about pulling the fire switch thinking it's a door switch. Caught and on film for all of America's viewing pleasure.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-20-2023, 05:25 PM
You talk a whole lot of shit about Jim Jordan, however you seem to forget your 'squad' is like having 8 Jim Jordans. Say what you want to about Jim Jordan, but those anti-American cunts don't belong within 100 miles of the capitol building. They are a disgrace. One stupid son of a bitch lies his ass off about pulling the fire switch thinking it's a door switch. Caught and on film for all of America's viewing pleasure. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
about the Squad, i have generally found AOC to be on point. she correctly called out Hamas for heinous fuckery, while pointing out Israeli war crimes occurring as we speak.

she's a firebrand and the type of politician who could meet Trump on his own turf and defeat him; i think she's future presidential material, no joke. Biden's leadership style is less confrontational and less "in your face" than Trump's, which would give Biden problems except for Trump's disastrous presidency, which the majority of the American people rightly hold as a 1-and-done presidency, just like a bad hobby or civilian date not to be repeated.

i don't pay too much attention to the other members of the Squad, although in their defense, unlike Jordan, they never attempted a violent coup to overthrow the lawfully elected government, but I was disappointed to see Rep. Tlaib blaming Israel for the recent Gaza City hospital bombing when U.S. intelligence services had concluded that it was an Islamic Jihad missile that misfired, not an Israeli airstrike causing the massive casualties. let's get our facts right first before we go out on a limb assigning blame. excellent truth-telling CNN journalist Jake Tapper correctly called her out for her poor judgment and decision on that issue.

one more thing. the Biden admin did an incredible job negotiating the release of 2 American hostages held by Hamas-a mother and daughter-on humanitarian grounds without having to exchange terrorists or send a Seal team in. While Republicans in the House are engaged in a prolonged circle jerk among themselves, Biden is getting things done and advancing American interests abroad. that was a highly unexpected and impressive accomplishment, given the state of current events in Gaza.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/20/middl...ntl/index.html
  • pxmcc
  • 10-20-2023, 07:41 PM
she's a firebrand and the type of politician who could meet Trump on his own turf and defeat him; Originally Posted by pxmcc

You've dropped some real 'gems' during your time in using the sandbox as your personal website, but this has to be the best. She's a fucking bartender and the GOP's personal bitch.

• pxmcc
  • 10-21-2023, 04:14 AM
one more reason Jordan is unsuitable for Speaker: death threats for any Republican colleagues who opposed him.

https://www.salon.com/2023/10/20/jor...will-continue/

he and his are inimical to democracy. Merrick Garland, wake up sir. you have important job duties to attend to, such as indicting Jim Jordan for sedition and treason..

Dear_John, i try to follow the rules. i post on topics that i think are important (or if not, at least entertaining..) and no one is forced to read anything i post.

i'm not trying to hog the Sandbox. you can post as many threads as you like. if the topics you post are important to me, i'll throw in my 2 cents.

there are so many problems we face, such as global warming, spiraling debt, and threats from China, that i can't just sit back and ignore them. i certainly understand that there are controversies over which reasonable minds might differ. i appreciate your engagement and although our conclusions differ, i think you and your opinions are worthy of a hearing and respect.
one more reason Jordan is unsuitable for Speaker: death threats for any Republican colleagues who opposed him.

https://www.salon.com/2023/10/20/jor...will-continue/

he and his are inimical to democracy. Merrick Garland, wake up sir. you have important job duties to attend to, such as indicting Jim Jordan for sedition and treason..

Dear_John, i try to follow the rules. i post on topics that i think are important (or if not, at least entertaining..) and no one is forced to read anything i post.

i'm not trying to hog the Sandbox. you can post as many threads as you like. if the topics you post are important to me, i'll throw in my 2 cents.

there are so many problems we face, such as global warming, spiraling debt, and threats from China, that i can't just sit back and ignore them. i certainly understand that there are controversies over which reasonable minds might differ. i appreciate your engagement and although our conclusions differ, i think you and your opinions are worthy of a hearing and respect. Originally Posted by pxmcc

Sometimes you let your Trump Derangement Syndrome cloud your thoughts.

Am I MAGA? Yes. Am I a Trump Supporter? Yes. Will my world come to an end if Trump isn't elected POTUS? No, as long as a true GOP conservative wins that is all I care about, except for wanting to win the Senate and House with a quality Speaker and a quality Senate Majority Leader. It's going to take a short while to become energy independent again and shut down the borders, and to fire Mayorkas, Wray, and Garland. But this is a good start.